Chargers, Rams reach agreement on sharing Inglewood stadium/ Chargers will play in San Diego in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Steve Hartman ‏@cannonhartman

High ranking Rams official says talks have stalled for a Chargers move to LA in 2016...most likely the Chargers staying in SD in 2016

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
giphy.gif

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh I'm just so surprised...

The whole thing was a charade imo.
St Louis came up with a plan and the NFL wasn't expecting that.... but everything else has went according to plan.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Exactly what motivation do the Rams have to work a deal?

jjab360

Legend
Cool, didn't want to share anyway. Still looks like the league will be determined to get a team in LA, though. If this isn't just a smokescreen that means the next batter up is Oakland.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Spanos is screwed if he moves to LA , then the Raiders move to San Diego and take all the San Diego fans , while being stuck as the other team in LA

And I don't think the NFL wants three teams in southern california

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Hope it's the case. Just like the idea of the Rams being the only team in LA - though for some reason, wouldn't hate sharing with the Raiders as much.
Just never liked the Chargers - ever. Don't think 3 teams in the Coliseum works well either, given the (eventual) turf issues.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather the Rams share with the Chargers than the Raiders. I think the Raiders would pose a bigger threat to winning away some popularity, since they used to be there in fairly recent memory. I do like the idea that at least the Rams will have a year by themselves to win over fans though. Head starts are nice. Permanently the only team in LA would be even nicer for them, of course.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Spanos and Davis had that year long partnership going , I wonder if Spanos moved to LA , would Davis stab him in the back by moving the Raiders to San Diego

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
If the Chargers were going to head to Los Angeles, they needed to announce it the day of, or the day after, the NFL approved the Rams and the Inglewood project. Each passing day will only make it that much harder to build any kind of fan base in LA.

But at the same time, the Chargers dragging their feet over Los Angeles keeps the Raiders from jumping on the opportunity. And they might focus their attention more on getting a deal done in Oakland, rather than wait for the possibility of the bolts balking.

So keep on stalling, Mr. Spanos!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Exactly what motivation do the Rams have to work a deal?

Well they promised the owners they would be willing to do that as part of the deal so they kinda have to try to try as the saying goes. I think they got the votes in part because of the second tream option. Part of the presentation was that the stadium was going to have 2 home team locker rooms and two sets of offices etc like the stadium the Jets and Giants use.

I don't care actually, and if SD and then Oakland forego moving to LA the NFL can continue the con game that is stadium building on and on forever.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Chargers have a year to negotiate this or get something done in SD. I have to figure the NFL wants the Chargers in SD and the Raiduhs in Oakland - both with new stadiums that the league will help them get. That way also, the LA stadium still has the second team capability for leverage purposes.

If Spanos can take a year to get SD to pony up a few hundred million, then he will build down there while still keeping Oakland out of LA for a year. The Rams become the only real LA team and Oakland decides to work with Alameda County and some High Tech outfit to build a stadium there.

Spanos won't crap, but still refuses to get off the pot? Shocker.
And this^^^