Change in music taste

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How does this happen? I guess age, maybe? Perhaps environment?

For the last 6 months or so, I am into country music. The modern stuff, mostly.

I still always pick the news or modern hits on drive back and forth to work... but at home... when I want music playing... that’s what I am picking now.

Love it. But...

Can’t really explain it. If anything, I disliked country growing up.

Anyone else experience a shift like that, suddenly?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Bet you no one will beat mine.

In high school, from 2003-2007 (mostly in 2003 and 2004) I used to love rap music. I used to get "crunk". Junior rolled around and I slowed down.

Then freshman year 2007 I started listening to Taylor Swift. The OG Swiftie. Love Story and shit. Had a brief stint with K-Pop. Oppa Gangnam Style.

Next few years I started phasing out of mainstream pop, rap music was out completely. Started getting into rock music. Saliva, Metallica, AC/DC, etc. Also started to appreciate orchestral scores from my favorite movies and video games like Avengers and Assassin's Creed. This is what I currently listen to mostly.

When Vikings came on History Channel, they had a featured band called Wardruna. Which I ended up loving. On YouTube listening to a Wardruna song auto directed me to the German folk band Faun, who is currently my favorite band. Although most of the OG members have left.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I've tried answering this question twice now

I suppose my tastes have changed some

but not really...........

kinda sorta

as I liked classic rock n roll from the 50's and 60's , classic country from the 70's and even crooners like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra when I was younger , and still do

my taste in music really hasn't changed , it's just more evened out

back in my 20's , it was like 80 % classic 70's rock and 80's heavy metal , and 20% everything else

now days it's alot less heavy metal and more even across the board

if that makes sense

I wasn't the biggest fan of 80's new age stuff . didn't hate it , just kinda spaced it off , but now I've found a new appreciation for it , as I've gotten older , I've been discovering more of the music of my youth that I ignored at the time

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6bA5GJ1hc

I love the 80's

fiero11.jpg

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've tried answering this question twice now

I suppose my tastes have changed some

but not really...........

kinda sorta

as I liked classic rock n roll from the 50's and 60's , classic country from the 70's and even crooners like Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra when I was younger , and still do

my taste in music really hasn't changed , it's just more evened out

back in my 20's , it was like 80 % classic 70's rock and 80's heavy metal , and 20% everything else

now days it's alot less heavy metal and more even across the board

if that makes sense

I wasn't the biggest fan of 80's new age stuff . didn't hate it , just kinda spaced it off , but now I've found a new appreciation for it , as I've gotten older , I've been discovering more of the music of my youth that I ignored at the time

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6bA5GJ1hc

I love the 80's

View attachment 34204

Check you out in the red Fiero

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
@CGI_Ram my wife listens to a lot of country music. I can't say I've heard anything new that makes me think of the country. I call it "hick hop". She is not pleased.

I transitioned from classic rock (thanks Dad) to metal (but not super heavy metal). But I know exactly why that happened. I got really angry at the world. Now I just enjoy it... and I'm a little angry still.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
So, I was out of college when MTV launched in ‘81.

today, I listen to most anything before 1992, lol. Grunge completely baffles me.

I like the New Wave stuff...U2, Duran Duran, Adam Ant

Im seeing The Rolling Stones in the Cotton Bowl on May 29...I saw them there on Halloween Day, 1981. 39 years ago! It will be my sixth time to see the Stones.

And I like the Beatles channel on XM radio.

I’m sitting in a restaurant listening to ‘80’s Robert Plant...just my taste.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

today, I listen to most anything before 1992, lol. Grunge completely baffles me.

Im seeing The Rolling Stones in the Cotton Bowl on May 29...I saw them there on Halloween Day, 1981. 39 years ago! It will be my sixth time to see the Stones.

Ditto

I pretty much stopped paying attention to new music after 1992

I think now days , they just all use the same auto-tuner , they all sound like

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Started with punk in the early 80s, because the gigs were really cheap to get into vice any other type of music. By mid 80s grew my hair out and was into metal. Don't listen to rap any more, or the really heavy rock bands I cut my teeth on though, the testosterone type stuff I guess I'm over it. Depends on what I'm doing tbh.

I tend to favor country music nowadays. It's good basic stuff that suits me more now. Also have gotten into bluegrass, especially if it's live shows which are fantastic.

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
Classic rock, all country old and new (lately), pop, Motown, 50-60s.
But now mostly new country.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Adam Ant

now there's a name I haven't heard , in , well , a long time

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41A91X5pns

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
How does this happen? I guess age, maybe? Perhaps environment?

For the last 6 months or so, I am into country music. The modern stuff, mostly.

I still always pick the news or modern hits on drive back and forth to work... but at home... when I want music playing... that’s what I am picking now.

Love it. But...

Can’t really explain it. If anything, I disliked country growing up.

Anyone else experience a shift like that, suddenly?

When I first got sober I got on a country music kick for a while. I still listen to some country, mostly southern rock/country. For a long time I only listened to heavy metal, now I listen to a wider variety of metal, rock and country. Still cant stand rap or hip hop and hate when a country singer does rap, it just aint right.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I used to focus on genres, now I just focus on songs.

If I like it, I like it. I listen to a pretty diverse range of music as a result.