Celebrity Look-a-Likes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Find out who the players think their teammates doppelgängers are.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Really didn't think about it but we have a lot of gingers on this team - no?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dare you to call them that to their face.
Their ginger faces?
I don't think they'll care. Hell, J Hekk embraces it.

V3

Hall of Fame
Their ginger faces?
I don't think they'll care. Hell, J Hekk embraces it.

Some do, others regard it as derogatory. Most I know HATE it and if you call them that, they'll correct you in a not so gentle way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Some do, others regard it as derogatory. Most I know HATE it and if you call them that, they'll correct you in a not so gentle way.
Well, my wife loves it. Derogatory Shmerogatory. Some people are just wound too tight.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well, my wife loves it. Derogatory Shmerogatory. Some people are just wound too tight.

Considering some of the comments I see/hear others make about them, I'm not sure they're wound all that tight. I'm sure some mean it as a term of endearment. Others, however, mean it as a term of belittlement.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Considering some of the comments I see/hear others make about them, I'm not sure they're wound all that tight. I'm sure some mean it as a term of endearment. Others, however, mean it as a term of belittlement.

Oh good grief...I'm offended that people are offended over stupid shit.

V3

Hall of Fame
Oh good grief...I'm offended that people are offended over stupid shyte.

You're offended that they find it offensive that others tell them that their mothers should have aborted them, they have no soul, they should be killed with fire, etc. etc. etc.?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh good grief...I'm offended that people are offended over stupid shyte.
It offends me that you're so easily offended by such offenses.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You're offended that they find it offensive that others tell them that their mothers should have aborted them, they have no soul, they should be killed with fire, etc. etc. etc.?
That's not the definition of "ginger."

Good lord... this game can't come soon enough. :slap:

RamzFanz

Damnit
My brother's a ginger.

He's not wild about how often I remind him gingers have no souls.

V3

Hall of Fame
That's not the definition of "ginger."

Good lord... this game can't come soon enough. :slap:

It's become synonymous and the people that say things like that are the ones that refer to them as gingers. It's probably not as prevalent with the older crowd but for the younger crowd, it happens all the time. I know what I'm talking about. My brother and cousin have red hair and I have other friends that have to deal with it. I've seen it first hand. I see it all the time on internet comment sections too. I didn't mean for this to become the main talking point here. Just a heads up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's become synonymous and the people that say things like that are the ones that refer to them as gingers. It's probably not as prevalent with the older crowd but for the younger crowd, it happens all the time. I know what I'm talking about. My brother and cousin have red hair and I have other friends that have to deal with it. I've seen it first hand. I see it all the time on internet comment sections too. I didn't mean for this to become the main talking point here. Just a heads up.
Well those people are clearly idiotic bigots and it wouldn't matter who their target was. They'd likely still be idiotic bigots if the other person was even remotely different. If someone called my wife a ginger, it wouldn't bother either of us. If they followed that up by saying she has no soul and should burn by fire, then yeah. I too would meet that with swift and violent retaliation. But in the end, you can't help stupid. I think more people take it as a term of endearment, because it's not often you have to deal with people on a level that stupid.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And Quick looks nothing like Eddie Murphy.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well those people are clearly idiotic bigots and it wouldn't matter who their target was. They'd likely still be idiotic bigots if the other person was even remotely different. If someone called my wife a ginger, it wouldn't bother either of us. If they followed that up by saying she has no soul and should burn by fire, then yeah. I too would meet that with swift and violent retaliation. But in the end, you can't help stupid. I think more people take it as a term of endearment, because it's not often you have to deal with people on a level that stupid.

Unfortunately, you do with the younger crowd. Kids are becoming more and more stupid. South Park didn't help things, either, even though they were trying to show how stupid the bigots are. That's how prevalent it has become. South Park made an entire episode about it.

And sorry if this thread was hijacked. I get a little defensive about it since I've seen what my brother and friends have had to deal with.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seriously? I'm offended on behalf of all the gingers with a sense of humor.

My wife is a ginger too. Fortunately she is one of the few with a soul. Apparently that is rare. Who knew?

Yeah - y'know, I suppose if someone is sensitive to it, I can kinda get it but I've never heard anyone use it in any other way than in jest - never. It'd be like me giving two shits if someone called me a honky.

Most red heads I know, and there are many, have fun with the term - ESPECIALLY because South Park dedicated a show to it. We had a celebration at our pub for International Redhead Day. I can't count the times the term was thrown around and nary a frown in the bunch.

My wife is seriously going to laugh when I show her this thread.