Celebration Thread - Rams@Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
That happened in 2007. Quinn and Long weren't Rams yet.

God! That was ten years ago?
My bad - was it Wistrom and Little?

Just shows ya - I DO remember it like it was yesterday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think that was after Wistrom joined the Suckhawks. Might have been James Hall.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Kind of like my ex-wife, an experience so unpleasant it's hard to get it out of the "permanent nightmare" portion of the brain...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It feels so weird now. Do y'all remember over the past decade when we'd watch other offenses and think, "Man, it must be great to have a play-caller who can scheme like that, a QB who can throw like that, WRs who can catch like that, an OL who can block like that, and HBs who can run like that." Now, we're that offense for other teams' fans. It's surreal coming off of being the NFL's worst offense in back-to-back years.

It's just such a treat to tune in each week and see an offense execute like a NFL offense should. Football is fun again!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yesssss............
giphy.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It feels so weird now. Do y'all remember over the past decade when we'd watch other offenses and think, "Man, it must be great to have a play-caller who can scheme like that, a QB who can throw like that, WRs who can catch like that, an OL who can block like that, and HBs who can run like that." Now, we're that offense for other teams' fans. It's surreal coming off of being the NFL's worst offense in back-to-back years.

It's just such a treat to tune in each week and see an offense execute like a NFL offense should. Football is fun again!

You just described my exact thoughts for the last 10 years before this season. Forget the big plays all over the field, I would watch other games and think, "why can they so easily throw to an open receiver 5 yards down the field?" While the rams had to fight for every completion. I could never understand why it was so. How hard is it to scheme someone open on 1st down? Mcvay does it so easily. Spags and fisher had zero idea. All they achieved was making this season feel so much sweeter because we had to sit through 8 years of their bullshit.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
A little icing on my week 9 victory cake...

...I get a whole week of O & Niners to enjoy here in the SF Bay Area! (y):yess:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Any stat listed and your name is mentioned with Dan Marino....just the greatest QB ever, IMO....well, take a bow.

Mister Jared Goff, you are the QB of our future....

@I'd like to work with him on grip strength....and celestial bodies in motion at a later date.@

Threw that thing pretty good in the rain.

Yeah, his hands are PLENTY big enough to play the position at a very high level.

What we see is that his hands are in that "in between" place where sometimes he'll throw a less than perfect spiral or even a bit of a quacker.

And that's fine.

When given the time like on the 63-yard bomb to Sammy Watkins (I rewatched the vid about 10 times and it's pretty clearly 63 yards in the air, maybe 63.5). Goff can throw a BEAUTIFUL deep ball. And in the cold rain to boot where that cold rain not only makes the ball heavier, but makes it harder to get proper rotation to maintain flight stability (the water doesn't help the ball stay stable, either).

Where he'll have slightly more issues is on preventing strip sacks and throwing on the run. If you watch him throw on the run, there's generally a little wobble. As we saw with Warner, it's not about how pretty the pass is, but the placement and pace. Warner threw with a little wobble and even WRs who caught passes from him in the Pro Bowl said he threw a very catchable ball (as opposed to Brett Favre who threw cannon shots even on swing passes)

It just is what it is.

Goff's our Franchise QB in a QB driven league who now has a legit OL, super legit RB and a super legit HC.

After this season, I think most people will simply presume he has hands and that will be the end of it.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Vikings will be a tough win at home, especially if Bridgewater returns and is effective.

Bridgewater is gonna have a LOT of rust to knock off. How long has he been out? Almost two years?

How's he gonna react to being in a pile of bodies? How's his team???

Generally, guys coming back take a bit to get up to speed.

Honestly, with as gruesome as his leg injury was even though it was non-contact, it wouldn't surprise me if it takes him some time to reacclimate.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bridgewater is gonna have a LOT of rust to knock off. How long has he been out? Almost two years?

How's he gonna react to being in a pile of bodies? How's his team???

Generally, guys coming back take a bit to get up to speed.

Honestly, with as gruesome as his leg injury was even though it was non-contact, it wouldn't surprise me if it takes him some time to reacclimate.

1.5 years. I'm hoping that he'll sit our game out and return after it. We have a tendency to injure QBs, and I like Teddy.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
1.5 years. I'm hoping that he'll sit our game out and return after it. We have a tendency to injure QBs, and I like Teddy.

Yeah, I feel the same way.

I like him, too, and would hate for his first game back to be against our D.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If he slides early him and his melon head should be alright.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Now you get to see Jared Cook in action....

And even Cook had 126 yards receiving on 8 catches.

What's going on? Cook is producing and Quick makes a clutch catch. Is it the affect of raw talent actually getting some real coaching? Or are they stepping up because they don't like bouncing around and being on the way out?