CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread pissing in gumbo edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a scenario where the Rams could clinch the wild card after next week's games, while the 49ers could need to win the last game to ensure home field advantage.
Here we've been hoping for the 49ers to need to rest players, meanwhile it could be the Rams with the choice

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Tom Cruise Dance GIF

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Anyone Comment on the OPI on that TD? He pulled him off the ball it was insane it wasn't called and no comment from th commentators.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Anyone Comment on the OPI on that TD? He pulled him off the ball it was insane it wasn't called and no comment from th commentators.
Agreed. They showed it on the replay and the official had little to no angle to see it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There is a scenario where the Rams could clinch the wild card after next week's games, while the 49ers could need to win the last game to ensure home field advantage.
Here we've been hoping for the 49ers to need to rest players, meanwhile it could be the Rams with the choice
That is an ideal scenario IMO. Because then we get to play them with that karmic "nothing to lose" thing going on. And if we beat them we see them again with the same element in our favor. I mean they have everything to lose compared to us, given their roster and everyone fucking crowning them.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We just have to win 6 more and then we're hoisting the Lombardi again!
If we do that, I'm draping my work place with a Rams flag dripped in all my Rams gear from head to toe. I live in Whiner country so I'd be so fuckin amped about that.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
By the way, I like to add that I'm so fuckin proud of how our Rams are doing. I didn't expect this kinda year and I'm eating so much crow that I'm shitting out enough feathers to make enough pillows to supply a couple local Costcos. We are definitely on the upswing big time. Let's keep grinding out those wins any way possible!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I watched this last night and I was like, "that's fuckin right!!!" :laugh1:
By the way did anyone catch what McVay said before he walked out? I couldn't make it out but the team loved it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If we do that, I'm draping my work place with a Rams flag dripped in all my Rams gear from head to toe. I live in Whiner country so I'd be so fuckin amped about that.

Oh… I’ll lose my shit… and my wallet will absolutely fucking SCREAM from how much gear I buy… that’s a fact

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Oh… I’ll lose my shit… and my wallet will absolutely fucking SCREAM from how much gear I buy… that’s a fact
I'm with you there. I might buy shit for someone's dog walking by cuz who the fuck wouldn't want to dress like a champion? Maybe I'll even buy Rams championship napkins and put em in my workplace break room too hahaha

oldnotdead

Legend
The other thing that stood out is what a difference a true lockdown corner and a legit pass rusher opposite Young would make to this defence.
Thats why they rotate Donald to the edge so often with Turner replacing him at DT.

In a true 3-4 the edge is a DE who is the size of a large OLB, i.e. like Mathis who is there to provide weakside contain and occupy the LT leaving him vulnerable to a blitzing OLB or DB. The role of a conventional 3-4 is for the DL to play run first and occupy blockers which is why they are generally bigger than 4-3 DL as they play a 2 gap style. A conventional 3-4 DL is composed of: DE, NT and DT. The scheme is to defend the LOS against run first with the LBs & DBs defending the pass. It doesn't normallly penetrate and disrupt the play in the backfield.

The Rams play a 3-4 hybrid front 7 which is why their edge is not a DE but an OLB. Normally a 3-4 hybrid scheme is a one gap scheme. Morris plays a mixed scheme of 2 gap NT with DE and DT playing 1.5 gap (i.e. the DE & DT pinch in and compress the A gaps). On downs where Morris expects pass he plays a one gap front with his front 7. In other words he's very predictable which is why it's hard to get 3 and outs unless the offense makes mistakes like dropped passes, penalties or missed blocks.

In 2021 with both Floyd and Miller the Rams played the front 7 more like a normal 3-4 hybrid scheme is played with both edges being fast OLBs. This is what I've been advocating for all this time, to drop the mixed gap play and simply play a one gap attacking style. But Morris is behind the times and prefers a calm passive style of defense. I hope you noticed how Morris went prevent in the 3rd quarter with just a 3 man rush on Sunday allowing the Saints an opportunity to get back in the game. This is when he should have put his knee on their neck and choked the life out of their offense. Also, how often he drops Young into coverage. The OCs know this BS and why Carr threw to Olave when he was covered by Young not Lake.

Nothing will change as long as Morris is DC. Look at how much better the secondary is playing under Pleasant and you have your contrast and answer.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15

In the post game show, Richard Sherman called it an obvious pass interference.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Thats why they rotate Donald to the edge so often with Turner replacing him at DT.
False. When Donald is on the edge it is in the gold front (overload) and Turner is a DT. You could learn this if you watched the replays of the game. It's clear you don't.

there is plenty of evidence here - I even did the seach for you so you can see that Rams do not 2-gap.

Morris plays a mixed scheme of 2 gap NT
This is false. Morris does not play a 2-gap NT.

Nothing will change as long as Morris is DC.
You hate the guy and you will resort to misinformation to slime the guy.

Every time you spread your falsehoods about Morris I am going to respond.

Every. Single. Time.

Enough is enough.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Morris plays a mixed scheme of 2 gap NT with DE and DT playing 1.5 gap (i.e. the DE & DT pinch in and compress the A gaps).
This is Staley, Jets at Rams 2020--lookie, both Seb. Joseph Day and Gaines in a zero technique. By your logic they are 2-gap NT. But you logic is flawed because your information is outdated (and wrong).

Morris deploys same basic Fangio scheme as Staley did.
2023-12-22_19-41-42.jpg

Of course, if you have EVIDENCE, not just you making word salads mixed with football lingo, then provide it. We can debate it using pictures, video, either one or both. We can also throw in comments by Staley himself. Not to mention Jourdan's reportuing. Cody Alexander and Ted Nguyen, too.

So, bring on the debates. I am more than willing. You can try to prove me wrong.

Or will you just continue with the Morris hate?