CB Patrick Peterson Suspended for Six Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://larrybrownsports.com/football/patrick-peterson-love-to-be-cardinal-for-life/504281

Patrick Peterson would ‘love to be a Cardinal for life’ despite drama

July 12, 2019

by Steve DelVecchio

Patrick Peterson was extremely frustrated with the Arizona Cardinals last season to the point where he asked the team to trade him, but a lot has changed over the past several months. Now, the All-Pro cornerback insists he is perfectly content right where he is.

Peterson was a guest on SiriusXM NFL Radio Friday, and he discussed some of the reasons he wanted out of Arizona. He admitted he was frustrated at times last season getting used to a new coaching staff and new defensive scheme, and he also defended himself for wanting a change of scenery.

.@AZCardinals CB Patrick Peterson addressed his future in Arizona, dealing with a 6-game suspension, and how he wants to bring the organization a championship…

"I would love to be a Cardinal for life."
pic.twitter.com/MR0cRzldEk

— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) July 12, 2019

“People upstairs can trade players and try to shop players around whenever they need to, so I didn’t see what was wrong with me asking for a trade at the time,” Peterson said. “It kind of works both ways, but right now I’m in a very, very happy place with the team.”

Peterson has been suspended for the first six games of the 2019 season for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, and one report claimed he was upset with the Cardinals for not agreeing to rework his deal before the suspension was handed down. Even if that is true, he appears to have made amends with the higher-ups.

“I would love to be a Cardinal for life, but things happen,” he said. “Something can change next month. Things happen not only in football, but in the world in general. I would love to be a Cardinal for life. I would love to be one of the guys to bring that organization its first championship.”

It seemed like Peterson’s future in Arizona could be in doubt as recently as April, when he had a cryptic post on social media. He has obviously worked through some things, and the suspension probably made any potential trade impossible, anyway.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, if a player of Peterson's caliber is using PEDs, then who else is? Is it likely that they all are and the testing is easy to beat, unless you are a moron? Has Peterson been doing this his entire career? Or has he just been using in the tail end of his career to keep playing at a top level.

I hate seeing this with star players. It brings about doubt. A fringe roster guy sure, but PEDs are supposedly cleaned up in the NFL, MLB, etc...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, if a player of Peterson's caliber is using PEDs, then who else is? Is it likely that they all are and the testing is easy to beat, unless you are a moron? Has Peterson been doing this his entire career? Or has he just been using in the tail end of his career to keep playing at a top level.

I hate seeing this with star players. It brings about doubt. A fringe roster guy sure, but PEDs are supposedly cleaned up in the NFL, MLB, etc...

Steroids do more than help you bulk up. They also help muscle strains heal faster, so it's entirely possible - maybe even likely - that players like Peterson are trying to heal through ways not allowed. Still an advantage banned by the CBA, but more understandable at least. Unfortunately, the tests don't differentiate between the two usages.