CB Greg Reid Will Wear #39

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Thoughts?

I've seen quite a few Rams fans not too happy about it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Saffold can wear 76... Then 39 seems up for grabs too.

That said, if I was Greg Reid, I'd want a different number. SJ is still in the league.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Unless you are a really, really, really special player, i.e. one that revolutionizes the game or does something for your team no player will ever do, the number should remain in use.

Remember the name, not the number.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give me a break. Lets not, as fans, put something else on this kids shoulders. Who gives a shit what number he wears...

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If Givens can wear #13, then I guess its going to happen.

The problem is, half the people in the dome still have #13 Warner jerseys, and the other half will have #39 SJ jerseys on.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Regardless of how "special" SJ39 was, I would still show respect for what he did for the team. He carried the Rams through some tough times, and for a while there he was the only reason I actually watched any games. He had 10,000 yards in a Rams uniform and is our all time leading rusher. He deserves to have his number retired or at least unused by the Rams. I don't approve of Saffold using 76 either, and Givens using 13.

Regardless, I'm excited for Reid and hopefully he lives up to that number. If we don't retire it for SJax, maybe we'll retire it for Reid ;)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This is a non-issue....or should be. The # is not retired. it is there to be used until it is retired.

Maybe there wouldn't be such a problem if people didn't refer to Jackson as SJ39 :sneaky:.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Regardless of how "special" SJ39 was, I would still show respect for what he did for the team. He carried the Rams through some tough times, and for a while there he was the only reason I actually watched any games. He had 10,000 yards in a Rams uniform and is our all time leading rusher. He deserves to have his number retired or at least unused by the Rams. I don't approve of Saffold using 76 either, and Givens using 13.

Regardless, I'm excited for Reid and hopefully he lives up to that number. If we don't retire it for SJax, maybe we'll retire it for Reid ;)

I'm saying the same thing.

Show some respect, Rams. Set the number aside until SJ retires from the league.

After that, since it's not retired, it's fair game again.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would let him wear it but only if he is fully prepared to live up to the standard that accompanies it. I don't believe SJ was at the level where I would retire his number but I will never forget how he carried a terrible team on his back for most of his career and had only optimism while doing it.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
#27 is still Pat Thomas no matter what anyone does. So, #39 is Still Steven Jackson. I need a "time upgrade"...ok, so #62 is still Adam Timmerman, until the Rams win a super bowl again ;)
I love Steven Jackson, and sometimes Fish makes a statement; maybe this is one of them. Reid, if not hurt, will be a player! He is missing height and playing time...that's it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm saying the same thing.

Show some respect, Rams. Set the number aside until SJ retires from the league.

After that, since it's not retired, it's fair game again.

You really believe he's disrespecting SJ by wearing 39...give me a break dude. This is a non-isue

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Take this for what its worth

You really believe he's disrespecting SJ by wearing 39...give me a break dude. This is a non-isue

Read again. He's not. The Rams are.

They should not make it available, until SJ retires.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Eh, I get were you are coming from I just think SJ is more of a fond memory for the fans. He was a very good player don't get me wrong. I just don't think being the only watchable player on some of the worst teams I've ever seen warrants his # being unavailable. We never even had an above .500 record with him as our RB...sure he was great to watch but winning talks.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

CGI, you and I usually see thing pretty much the same but I can't agree with this. Jackson left on his own volition. He had the opportunity to continue wearing # 39 in STL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Eh, I get were you are coming from I just think SJ is more of a fond memory for the fans. He was a very good player don't get me wrong. I just don't think being the only watchable player on some of the worst teams I've ever seen warrants his # being unavailable. We never even had an above .500 record with him as our RB...sure he was great to watch but winning talks.

CGI, you and I usually see thing pretty much the same but I can't agree with this. Jackson left on his own volition. He had the opportunity to continue wearing # 39 in STL.

Both fair perspectives.

I happen to think the Rams could have done something to make this a non factor for all of us.

I'm from the don't retire numbers all together camp, but numbers like 13 and 39 should be earned, I like what Michigan do don't retire the number but have a patch for the legends who wore it.