CB Greg Reid Will Wear #39

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
To clear up some misconceptions, SJ didn't "carry" this team ,when you "carry" a team it's to victory, his career was way short on those,too short to term what he did "carrying". He was admittedly the best offensive player we had I'll give him that.
IF it doesn't bother SJ that a Ram is wearing his number,it shouldn't bother us and IF it does bother him I would remind him it was his choice to vacate that number in St.L so ,come back for league minimum ,his real market value now, and we'll give it back to him EVEN IF it pisses off the other guy..... Reid .
Your right he didn't 'carry' the team since we were so trash that opposing teams would load 8-9 guys in the box to prevent a win. He did however carry the spirits of this team, franchise, and fan base over that bridge of utter crap our FO and coaching staff produced.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Not trying to be cute... but I Googled "what numbers can cornerbacks wear in the NFL". lol

I think it was a yahoo article. Check it Brudda Rich.

You'e more than cute ,you're stunning:rolleyes::effemine:

I was wondering if you had a web page that you could just ask NFL rules questions but yes the Google god knows all

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You'e more than cute ,you're stunning:rolleyes::effemine:

I was wondering if you had a web page that you could just ask NFL rules questions but yes the Google god knows all

Awwwww, Thanks Rich. o_O :LOL:

I'm too lazy to post articles most of the time. Sorry.

Lesson

Oh, really?
SJ will get his number retired soon, just not now. I think #76 and #13 should be retired when both Pace and Warner enter the HoF.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
That's what happens when players numbers aren't retired yet. Players still wear them.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Since when do you retire a kicker's #? What are you some sort of soccer hooligan?
Hey! Kickers are people too!

You take it back or we'll send Greg The Leg to give you a booting.

image.jpg

(Although, to be fair, those legs are more like Mike Lansford's than Greg's)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
If Saffold can wear 76... Then 39 seems up for grabs too.

That said, if I was Greg Reid, I'd want a different number. SJ is still in the league.
That's true about Saffold, but he called Pace before he picked the number and asked if it was OK. I'm not too sure about an UDFA taking #39. It just seems wrong, though I can't say specifically why.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
image.jpg

Looks like he has some competition...

Last edited by a moderator:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
it's a number guys, I've always found the "retiring" of a number a bit bizarre and pointless, what happens when they run out of numbers, are numbers going to come out of retirement??

but if the latest news on Greg Reid being arrested again is true, he may never wear it!!

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8852/greg-reid
Rams CB Greg Reid was arrested Saturday in Lowndes County, Georgia for violating his probation.
Reid's probation stems from a 2012 arrest for possession of marijuana and driving on a suspended license. He's currently still in jail and is being held without bond. Reid was just signed by the Rams last week. Apr 1 - 1:56 PM

Might have a few more numbers now.