Case Keenum makes key mistakes, prompts more Jared Goff questions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Well my .02 is that it isn't even about Goff for me any more. If we hadn't drafted him, I'd prefer to see Mannion at this point. It's just blatantly obvious that Keenum doesn't have the goods, so let someone else play. Fisher sure didn't show this loyalty to his RB's, from Richardson to Stacy, Stacy to Mason and then Mason to Gurley. Yet for some reason, he's unwilling to make change at the most important position on the field.
I hear what you're saying @-X- that bitching wont change things. But devil's advocate says that rooting for Keenum wont change the outcome either.

One reason why he wont make a change to the most important position on the field is because.....

Its the most important position on the field.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Case is #29 in TD passes, 28th in QBR, 23rd in INT%, 28th in comp % and the Rams are 31st in team scoring.
He's a great guy, hard worker and all that, but he just isn't starter worthy. And I'm with @jrry32 I think the offensive scheme passing wise has looked good. Its Keenum inability with arm strength that holds him back, and the opposition knows it.
Next 6 games ranking in points allowed and PPG:
DET #20- 25ppg
NYG #15- 21ppg
CAR #22- 27ppg
NYJ #23- 27ppg
MIA #18- 24ppg
NO #32-33ppg
Rams "should" be able to score some points here, why not drop the kid in when he has a chance

Ya, Keenum needed to play both ways @ LB in order to stop Slim Shady from running wild! Oh shoot he should have been on Sts TOO and be lead blocker on punt fake too.. It ALL Keenums faULT WE lost the game PERIOD

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Keenun's pick six int keeps coming up as to "Goff has to start". If Vegas laid odd on who would throw the most "pick six ints in a season, Goff or Keenum, I put my money on Goff.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ya, Keenum needed to play both ways @ LB in order to stop Slim Shady from running wild! Oh shoot he should have been on Sts TOO and be lead blocker on punt fake too.. It ALL Keenums faULT WE lost the game PERIOD
My post had nothing to do with the Buffalo game, but nice use of the blue font anyway....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One reason why he wont make a change to the most important position on the field is because.....

Its the most important position on the field.
And for the 2nd year in a row, his hand picked starter is the lowest rated starting QB in the league

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Hey Den.I remember back before draft that the Redzone statistics
Goff had in college were absolutely insane.Can't recall exact numbers.
but I remember it was the swaying factor in your decision to become
a Goff over Wentz man.
Anyway I can't help but think that Goff being on the field for us
would probably work wonders for our redzone woes right now.What say you.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hear what you're saying @-X- that bitching wont change things. But devil's advocate says that rooting for Keenum wont change the outcome either.
You are correct, sir. It won't change anything either.
So now people have to determine where to go from there.

half-empty-half-full.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So now people have to determine where to go from there.

half-empty-half-full.jpg

Cute
However if expecting better than the 31st rated scoring offense, while the #1 overall pick sits on the bench makes me a pessimist, then so be it

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cute
However if expecting better than the 31st rated scoring offense, while the #1 overall pick sits on the bench makes me a pessimist, then so be it
Oh come on now. Don't be like that.
I wasn't singling you out. I was talking about people in general and how they have a choice about their outlook on life.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Intelligent annnd informative.

I thought you based your comment on his college stats, I just thought it might be cool to make a blue- font tongue in cheek response...I can see that I was mistaken...Not worry, I won't make that mistake again...
COUNT ON IT !!!

Been fun here guys, good luck to you all and the Rams...

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Sorry if my comment offended you,but sarcasm can come in different forms
It can be used as you did in a tongue in cheek joking manner or
it can be used in a condescending manner.
I took it completely wrong and for that I apologize.I have enjoyed
your posts at ROD and should have known that you wouldn't post condescending
shots at another poster.Sometimes it may be necessary to use the emoticons in your
posts just to clarify your intent as things can be confusing at times.
Again I apologize and hope we can put this behind us.GO RAMS!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All NFL DC's throw everything & the kitchen sink at rookie QB'

and thats how he will learn to become a NFL QB ..Dak is doing it in Dallas ..Carson in Philly ..Simian in Denver (before the injury) ...lynch not so much...

Fisher has probably forgotten more football than i'll ever know....but all i know is as things stand at the moment we arent running an NFL offense ...i see teams throwing on other teams or running over teams we arent really doing these things or at least not on a consistent basis

will Goff come and be the ointment to our offensive woes ? will he come in throw 15 ints ?? ...i dont know..you dont know the nfl doesnt know ,,,hell im not even sure fisher knows ...but thoise questions cant be answered untill he is out there taking snaps in live fire instead of for the fricking scout team offense (has anyone ever heard of a number draft pick running the scout team offense ??? ever)

without our D at full strength and playing lights out his team is going nowhere except maybe 8-8 (which is my benchmark for the season)

look i haven't been a fan of the rams as long as some of you guys (hell i even missed '99) i came to this party in 2001 ..and ive sat through all the bad years, so yeah id call myself a fan as big as any i just want to to see a winning season and as much as i like and admire Case,,,, he isnt the answer (maybe goff isnt either) but we wont find out with him holding a clip board

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It ALL Keenums faULT WE lost the game PERIOD
16-16...3rd quarter...think 4:00 left....driving...and the OC calls up a play we haven't seen..to our hotshot rookie wr....combo route...plenty of protection...and he throws a pick six...that literally swings the momentum to the visiting team...
Don't know about you, but, yeah, that basically lost the game...with the way the offense has been performing ALL season...the later drive, when we settled for the fg...the drive after when he didn't see a wide open Quick...the Bomb that he overthrew...all lead up the most important player, in a very winnable game, playing poorly enough to lose the game...better QB play wins that game easy...Safer QB play probably gets it done as well...Smarter QB play definitely wins that game..

Anyway I can't help but think that Goff being on the field for us
would probably work wonders for our redzone woes right now.What say you.
agreed.

I was talking about people in general and how they have a choice about their outlook on life.
You sir need to believe in the power of positive thinking my friend...
so yeah id call myself a fan as big as any
You ARE a real fan...don't ever let someone tell you different