Case Keenum is going to ruin Todd Gurley who will ruin Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
See, I think more than anything the Rams need a consistent intermediate zone receiver. Somebody who can go across the middle and frequently get open and hold onto the ball when it's 3rd and 7. Tavon and Gurley can bust the big plays - but the Rams have far too many 4 and outs. Extra first downs would help the defense, and give Gurley and Tavon more opportunities to bust one to the end zone.
I do too. I was talking about the difference between a couple of guys in this draft and guys like Sims-Walker, Steve Smith, and Rishard Matthews. I want the next Andre Johnson or Michael Irvin. Not the next Drew Bennett or Laurent Robinson.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Keenum? If Keenum is our starter we don't win the division. We must get pressure off of Gurley. Even if we need a running qb.

Also, no way TA stays with us if we don't get a 'tall' qb that can put him into a position to make a play. Think about the fun a capable qb would have with TA.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know. I was talking about them as they were in their prime. Not deep threats, more intermediate zone receivers.
Doesn't really matter what happened when/after they got here (Smith had a brilliant workout with the Rams at the time). They just don't fit my need.

That's what I'm looking for. A reliable chain-mover in the short to intermediate game. It's why I want Boldin so badly.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No, it doesn't fit my parameters. You don't even know what my parameters are. "I'll settle for less than 4000 yards and 30 TDs" doesn't mean "I'll settle for anything."

I don't even know what point you're making here at this point in time.

Of course not. I'm going based of what you typed. "I'll settle for less."

Preseason games and his NFL regular season starts. Not sure how the NFL teams have more access to film than I do when I have access to every game he's played the past few years.

You get the stuff on NFL.com rewind and highlights. I'm pretty sure teams have more resources.You don't.

Anywho, even if you and teams have the same "film", it still isn't enough to have your boy a shot to start for a QB needy team.

They haven't given Daniel a shot to compete or keep a backup job? Are you high? He was the backup in New Orleans for years behind Brees and then was signed to a nice contract with Kansas City and was their backup for the ENTIRETY of that contract. Philadelphia just paid him $7 million a year to join their team.
He's had no issues keeping a backup job and teams actually seem to value him as a backup. I value him as a starter over Case Keenum...because Keenum is a backup caliber QB. I would not value Daniel as a starter over Drew Brees or Alex Smith.(well, maybe Smith...we'll see how Daniel does if he gets an opportunity to start)
[/QUOTE]

When has he given a shot to compete for a starting job? Why didn't any NFL team try to get via a trade and let him compete to be a starter? He isn't going to start unless it's injury or mop-up time (as past history indicates).

As a backup, fine. Most of us are simply saying there is no major difference b/w him and your boy. Both are backup QBs, yes you can "upgrade" but if you can't, Case can handle the job. As 2 teams have given him the chance to start for an extended period of time. IDK why it's so difficult for you.

I was comparing the median team vs. the Rams for benchmark purposes for statistical analysis. Stop reading things into what I'm saying when those things aren't there.

Why bring it up in the 1st place then? You said the low passing attempts per game (as a another attempt to downgrade Case) was a "problem" in todays NFL. I refuted that by pointing out 8/12 playoff teams were ranked below that benchmark purpose.

Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Connor Cook
Brett Hundley
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Mike Glennon

I'd take all of them over Keenum. But Fitzpatrick and Glennon don't have enough long term potential for me to dish out the assets to acquire them.

3 not-even rookies, 2 never weres, and a career journeyman. I'll give you the soon-to-be rookies could be great, but the others? Please those guys have been in the league and most folks know who they are. And nothing shows they would magically improve the Rams.

We got Case Keenum here. A guy that has played more than all those guys (except obviously RF) and MG only starting a whopping 3 more. In those games he's played well for the most part. I'm sure he's had some mistakes along the way. He's not better than those guys but he ain't any worse. Why change something and go through ANOTHER QB when you got a guy that knows this team, knows this offense, and the team can patiently find this upgrade? Getting a "never-was" QB won't solve anything.

Yep. I am painting him in a negative light. He contributed very little to that win. Being better than Foles doesn't earn you points with me.

OK. Thanks for confirming then.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course not. I'm going based of what you typed. "I'll settle for less."

No, you're not. Here's my verbatim quote:
What more do I want? 4000+ yards, 30 TDs, and a 100 QB Rating. But I'd settle for less. I'm not, however, settling for less than a legitimate starting QB. Case ain't that.

Apparently, we're going to argue semantics since you seem intent on telling me what I'm willing to settle for based on my language. What we have here is explicit language that I'm not willing to settle for less than a legitimate starting QB. We also have me saying that I'll settle for less than 4000+ yards, 30 TDs, and a 100+ QB Rating. But again, that's qualified by me saying that I won't settle for less than a legitimate starting QB and Case ain't that.

You have my answer. Now, we can stop arguing in circles over whatever it is you were arguing. I can't even figure out what it is you've been trying to argue this entire time.

You get the stuff on NFL.com rewind and highlights. I'm pretty sure teams have more resources.You don't.

I get my stuff on NFL Rewind. Which has every snap of every game. Unless Chase Daniel is playing secret games, I'm pretty sure the teams don't have game film that I don't have. At least, not relevant game film. I mean if we want to go back years and years, yea, they have that. But I have everything that they have over the past few years in terms of game footage.

Anywho, even if you and teams have the same "film", it still isn't enough to have your boy a shot to start for a QB needy team.

When has he given a shot to compete for a starting job? Why didn't any NFL team try to get via a trade and let him compete to be a starter? He isn't going to start unless it's injury or mop-up time (as past history indicates).

Well, NFL teams make their own choices. You'd have to ask them why.

As a backup, fine. Most of us are simply saying there is no major difference b/w him and your boy. Both are backup QBs, yes you can "upgrade" but if you can't, Case can handle the job. As 2 teams have given him the chance to start for an extended period of time. IDK why it's so difficult for you.

There's enough of a difference for me to prefer Daniel.

Why bring it up in the 1st place then? You said the low passing attempts per game (as a another attempt to downgrade Case) was a "problem" in todays NFL. I refuted that by pointing out 8/12 playoff teams were ranked below that benchmark purpose.

No, I said the Rams only allowing Keenum to attempt 25 passes a game on average shows that they were taking the ball out of his hands. Considering the team with the least number of passing attempts in the NFL last year (Minnesota) averaged 28.4 per game, I'd say that my comment holds true.

Why did I bring up the Steelers? Because they were the median team. It's a statistical benchmark. They were 16th out of 32 teams. That makes them the exact middle of the pack.(although, technically the median would be 16.5 but I was being lazy) The point of that is showing how the average number of attempts they gave Keenum compared to a typical NFL team.

We got Case Keenum here. A guy that has played more than all those guys (except obviously RF) and MG only starting a whopping 3 more.

And that's the problem. I know what he is.

Why change something and go through ANOTHER QB when you got a guy that knows this team, knows this offense, and the team can patiently find this upgrade?

Because they're better players at the most important positions. This means they are upgrades. And I don't much feel like waiting years for this team to find a real franchise QB.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Apparently, we're going to argue semantics since you seem intent on telling me what I'm willing to settle for based on my language. What we have here is explicit language that I'm not willing to settle for less than a legitimate starting QB. We also have me saying that I'll settle for less than 4000+ yards, 30 TDs, and a 100+ QB Rating. But again, that's qualified by me saying that I won't settle for less than a legitimate starting QB and Case ain't that.

You have my answer. Now, we can stop arguing in circles over whatever it is you were arguing. I can't even figure out what it is you've been trying to argue this entire time.

I'm going based off what you said. My argument is that Case isn't any better or worse than what is currently available. Is that hard for you?

I get my stuff on NFL Rewind. Which has every snap of every game. Unless Chase Daniel is playing secret games, I'm pretty sure the teams don't have game film that I don't have. At least, not relevant game film. I mean if we want to go back years and years, yea, they have that. But I have everything that they have over the past few years in terms of game footage.

They also have paid scouts, coaches, and other sources. The guys that actually evaluate. Not people who sit at home and watch on their computers.

Well, NFL teams make their own choices. You'd have to ask them why.

Well I can't exactly call them up. Your boy is a career backup to this point, and it's highly likely he'll become a starter aside from injury or mop-up time.

There's enough of a difference for me to prefer Daniel.

OK.

No, I said the Rams only allowing Keenum to attempt 25 passes a game on average shows that they were taking the ball out of his hands. Considering the team with the least number of passing attempts in the NFL last year (Minnesota) averaged 28.4 per game, I'd say that my comment holds true.

A whopping 3 more. Yeah, big difference.

Why did I bring up the Steelers? Because they were the median team. It's a statistical benchmark. They were 16th out of 32 teams. That makes them the exact middle of the pack.(although, technically the median would be 16.5 but I was being lazy) The point of that is showing how the average number of attempts they gave Keenum compared to a typical NFL team.

And yet it was the worst possible team you could've used considering what they went through (didn't have Le'Veon Bell). It was also the worst possible stat b/c 8/12 teams less than that and still made the playoffs. Yet you insist that's b/c the Rams were trying to taking the ball out of Case's hands. Were those 8/12 playoff teams taking the ball out of their QBs hands? Of course not, and neither were the Rams.

Game logs say the complete opposite. It's freakin balanced gameplay.

And that's the problem. I know what he is.

So do the coaches on 2 different teams. And yet he's been given the opportunity to start.

Because they're better players at the most important positions. This means they are upgrades. And I don't much feel like waiting years for this team to find a real franchise QB.

Better players? Not really. I say they are about the same until they prove otherwise. Who said anything about waiting years? Maybe Sean Mannion is that guy, IDK. Maybe they will take a rookie this year. They aren't gonna take one b/c that's what they have to do. They'll take one if they feel he can be a starter.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we go with Keenum at QB for the season, then this SHOULD be Fishers last season, as it will almost certainly be a losing season. Which is why it may not surprise me if there is a final throw of the dice at QB for Fisher/Snead, because surely Kroenke will not put up with ANOTHER losing season with shitty play at QB.

Unless Kroenke still has faith and has given Fisher another few years grace to build/prepare for the grand reveal in the new stadium...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have to climb up from the 15th. Neither TEN or CLE would like to drop 14 or 15 spots in the draft unless they're able to fleece us first.
Such unfortunate truth
Still holding out hope, but it really doesn't seem likely

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I can't even call Case Keenum "QB Purgatory" because I don't think he's good enough for that title. He's someone you actually want to replace (if you're a sane team).

I have mixed emotions about Keenum, but I must point out and give you props that your words above made me laugh! :)

Ramatik

Starter

That was kind of funny. You do know that tv follows the ball right? Coaches film is a lot different. You see the whole field. You see the complete defensive sets, the actual route that every receiver makes. What the qb does from the moment of the snap to the whistle, where the pressure comes from... Not, just what the analysts show you, which is designed to keep the fan happy and interested, not dissecting the nuts and bolts. Truly, they see a lot more than you do.

Oh, and Chase Daniels is a wimp. Because I know it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was kind of funny. You do know that tv follows the ball right? Coaches film is a lot different. You see the whole field. You see the complete defensive sets, the actual route that every receiver makes. What the qb does from the moment of the snap to the whistle, where the pressure comes from... Not, just what the analysts show you, which is designed to keep the fan happy and interested, not dissecting the nuts and bolts. Truly, they see a lot more than you do.

Oh, and Chase Daniels is a wimp. Because I know it.

Kind of like the Coach's film feature on NFL Rewind?(It gives you All-22 footage)

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Bleacher Report. Nuff said. First, I'm so tired of all the Keenum bashing. The kid can win games. Did it with us, did it with Houston. He get's crap all over and hasn't deserved it. Second, freak Fitzpatrick. The guy is crap. Third, the draft hasn't even happened yet. How about these idiot columnists stop judging before it's even happened. We may go get a franchise QB. Fourth, when did the Seahawks transform into an explosive passing attack?? Must have been in the games I didn't see. I hold my judgement on this topic until after the draft. The o line was fixed. The defense is elite. We have some early picks to go out and get us some offensive weapons. If we do so, Gurley will be just fine. Don't you worry about him.
The Bleacher Report is total trash.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow! and you "study" all of that just like a real scout or a coach?

When I decide to take the time to evaluate a player? Yes, I do. That a problem?

Unfortunately, I couldn't do that with every snap for Daniel because the preseason film didn't have the Coach's film function available.

But I highly recommend you not make assumptions about the time and work other people are willing to put in. Believe it or not, I have no motivation to lie. I'm always upfront about whether or not I've put in the time to watch a guy.

Ramatik

Starter
When I decide to take the time to evaluate a player? Yes, I do. That a problem?

Unfortunately, I couldn't do that with every snap for Daniel because the preseason film didn't have the Coach's film function available.

But I highly recommend you not make assumptions about the time and work other people are willing to put in. Believe it or not, I have no motivation to lie. I'm always upfront about whether or not I've put in the time to watch a guy.

I wasn't calling you a liar. I wouldn't veil that. I'd just come right out and say it.

Chase Daniel is a wimp.