Case Keenum Case Closed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think we need to congratulate his wife as well for going through the playbook with him as they cooked the dinner.

Yeah you know... He is one blessed dude. Not only is backup QB one of the best jobs in the universe, but his wife is a good egg too. Guy is really in a good spot, no matter how things go in his career irt the starting side of things.

He's at that stage that the most fortunate backups reach where they realize what their ceiling is due to getting a legit shot at starting, and if he can settle that in his mind he's going to have a long and enjoyable career in the game making good money.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
You don't know that for a fact.

I am not even sure what a "rare ceiling" is.

It sounds like a new way to split hairs because you were so critical of Case Keenum when he played for the Rams. :D

Well, he's been in the league for 5 years, and this is his 3rd 300+ yard game (I think same number of games with 100+ QBR). So I'd say that's pretty rare.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who cares? It was his first game in a new offense.

My point now, before and forever is that Case Keenum can play in this league which he proved without a shadow of a doubt Sunday.

Case is a backup. He's nothing more and nothing less.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Case is a backup. He's nothing more and nothing less.
Show me where I said he's a starter in this league.
Jeez, you guys could argue with a wall.

And 15 minutes later walk away thinking that you won the argument.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah you know... He is one blessed dude. Not only is backup QB one of the best jobs in the universe, but his wife is a good egg too. Guy is really in a good spot, no matter how things go in his career irt the starting side of things.

He's at that stage that the most fortunate backups reach where they realize what their ceiling is due to getting a legit shot at starting, and if he can settle that in his mind he's going to have a long and enjoyable career in the game making good money.
Too positive of a post man.

You forgot the part where you say that he's only a backup in this league even though half of the quarterbacks starting are also backup quality.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bad Weekend for Jeff Fisher.
Yeah i doubt it
e2zqt8zqcn6p45nsm2bd.jpeg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Show me where I said he's a starter in this league.
Jeez, you guys could argue with a wall.

And 15 minutes later walk away thinking that you won the argument.

If you don't disagree, we're not arguing, eh? :whistle:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And my point, which I've made to you before, is that there is only about 16 to 17 first-string quarterbacks out there and the rest are a bunch of backups.
Keenum is one of them.
You can't really say for sure if "his career says inconsistent" when he has been playing for lousy teams.

It's not all on the quarterback.
Keenum in the proper system CAN PLAY in this league, as proved by that incredible performance Sunday.

How about this;
I will bump this post if he does okay next week and you can bump it if he sucks.
How's that? :D
How about I move on from debating the relative talent of a player that is no longer on the Rams?
(save us both some time) ;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I loved Fisher but he was poison to our team.
imagine how many players/careers....offensive players....Fisher may have negatively affected...ruined?

He did build a nice Defense tho....the pieces.

I'm so glad Mojo put that pic up with Fisher catching that trout...looks good...At first, the tweet of him shopping, he looked and made me feel sad....Now he looks like the millionaire I know.....fishing.
This just shows how bad Boras was as OC.
Never was qualified for the position....almost like he was planted there....to lose....why??? Something about....IMO....not winning so leaving St. Lou is easier????

Something about this whole team was fishy with Fisher....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never was qualified for the position....almost like he was planted there....to lose....why??? Something about....IMO....not winning so leaving St. Lou is easier????
Boras was named OC prior to the 2016 season, which incidentally was played in Los Angeles

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Boras was likely the worst offensive coordinator, least big-opportunity ready, than any coach I've ever seen. His plays were soooooo bad

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
(I think same number of games with 100+ QBR)

i don't want to be nitpicky but it's the passer rating. the qbr is a shit espn stat that favours running qbs that only goes up to 100.

has anyone noticed how it got some legs in other media outlets a couple of years ago but i hardly hear it outside of espn now?