Case Keenum Case Closed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This just shows how bad Boras was as OC.

Considering how Gurley and Goff were muzzled in last year's "offensive" (pun intended) scheme, I seriously think that Keenan would be at least a sevicable, middle of the pack QB under McVay.

Good for Keenum. He's a nice guy who was a victim of bad circumstance last year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Good for Case. He's physically limited, but nobody can really question his smarts, toughness or leadership. And he should definitely look better given the offense he's in this year compared to the one he was in last year.

As an aside, I have to give credit to Pat Shurmer, someone whom I have had a significant amount of criticism for in the past. He must have learned something since his days with the Rams, because the Vikings offense looks nothing like what he coached with us, and the difference isn't just the players. Nice to see someone in the coaching ranks learn and grow and become better instead of stubbornly sticking with their system as is.

fearsomefour

Legend
I like Keenum.
Class guy. Works hard.
He can play in the league. He has shown this more than once.
He just can't be a top level starter for 16 games or carry an O.
Good job Keenum, making his Case.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The guy was never as bad as he appeared at times with us and is not as good as this stat would appear.
You can say this about a lot of quarterbacks with a lot of different teams.

Just the elite ones, (which are few and far between) have consistently good to great games more often.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Watching what Case was doing to the bucs yesterday gave me a wonderful flashback...

When I was at the last Ram game in Tampon, there was a loudmouth buc fan directly behind me. At the beginning of the game he was screaming about Case sucking and how he could never win a game at the NFL level.

At the end of that game... that dufus disappeared. He didn't get to hear my chants for Case. Poor bastard.

That game yesterday must have sent that buc fan to the insane asylum. @Ramrasta and I were laughing our asses off thinking about that guy. I'm still laughing about it.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Always liked Case, nice guy. I was fine with keeping him with the new staff if they needed to. A very good backup QB to have at least. Another indictment of how truly awful the last coaching staff was on offense.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great game by Keenum... the week prior?
20/37
167 yards
54% completion
4.51 YPA
2 sacks
65.7 rating

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's my dude.

Droppin' bombs and drinkin' Dom.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's my dude.

Droppin' bombs and drinkin' Dom.

It's time now... You know, to take down the Case Keenum fathead you have on the wall of your living room and replace it with a svelte #16. Do eeeet!!!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we need to congratulate his wife as well for going through the playbook with him as they cooked the dinner.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Great game by Keenum... the week prior?
20/37
167 yards
54% completion
4.51 YPA
2 sacks
65.7 rating
Who cares? It was his first game in a new offense.

My point now, before and forever is that Case Keenum can play in this league which he proved without a shadow of a doubt Sunday.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who cares? It was his first game in a new offense.

My point now, before and forever is that Case Keenum can play in this league which he proved without a shadow of a doubt Sunday.
My point was that his career says inconsistent.
Yeah, serviceable back up
Really, nothing special (IMO)

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
My point was that his career says inconsistent.
Yeah, serviceable back up
Really, nothing special (IMO)
And my point, which I've made to you before, is that there is only about 16 to 17 first-string quarterbacks out there and the rest are a bunch of backups.
Keenum is one of them.
You can't really say for sure if "his career says inconsistent" when he has been playing for lousy teams.

It's not all on the quarterback.
Keenum in the proper system CAN PLAY in this league, as proved by that incredible performance Sunday.

How about this;
I will bump this post if he does okay next week and you can bump it if he sucks.
How's that? :D

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
It's amazing the stats a QB can put up with talented skilled players, a competent offensive line, and a OC that isn't a complete moron. Case is a great backup option, but not a player to build a team around. This performance is his rare ceiling.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
This performance is his rare ceiling.
You don't know that for a fact.

I am not even sure what a "rare ceiling" is.

It sounds like a new way to split hairs because you were so critical of Case Keenum when he played for the Rams. :D

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's time now... You know, to take down the Case Keenum fathead you have on the wall of your living room and replace it with a svelte #16. Do eeeet!!!
Untitled.gif