Can the Vikings O-line Handle the Rams Pass Rush?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

F. Mulder

Starter
I think the key is that Cassle is looking at getting the ball out quickly. I want to see the DBs playing more press coverage and not conceding the short stuff. Make him beat u deep.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
Even the best tackles in the league require help to keep Quinn from the QB on long developing pass plays. The only way to keep him off the QB is to do screens and slants when you aren't doubling him. We need the rest of the d-line to pick up the slack.

That was GB's playbook against the Rams and it worked. Hopefully we are more ready.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
Fisher has a good chance to go into this game without his top DE reserve out...William Hayes plus Fisher could be without the other experience DE Eugene Sims too. That's a major chuck missing from the normal DL rotation. So looks like 5th DE Ethan Westbrooks is the next up. We may even see some Aaron Donald some @ DE.

Gregg Williams DC did throw out some 34 defenses in that last pre season game not sure if that will continue but loosing a chunk of your DL rotation will cause some issues.

I would like to see some 5-2-4 schemes mixed in to plug the running lanes.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Fisher has a good chance to go into this game without his top DE reserve out...William Hayes plus Fisher could be without the other experience DE Eugene Sims too. That's a major chuck missing from the normal DL rotation. So looks like 5th DE Ethan Westbrooks is the next up. We may even see some Aaron Donald some @ DE.

Gregg Williams DC did throw out some 34 defenses in that last pre season game not sure if that will continue but loosing a chunk of your DL rotation will cause some issues.
On the other hand, how cool would it be if those two specifically were huge playmakers. I just peed a little.