Can the Rams really finish 10-6 and make the playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams can beat anyone. While i will be nervous about the result before every game i will still expect them to win every game. Not gonna fret too much if they lose one or two along the way.

TexasRam

Legend
So just some basic math for you that doubt we get to 10 wins.

Again we must stay healthy but.

We have beaten the Jags and Cowboys on the road and destroyed Seattle if it wasn’t for some fluke plays and 5 stupid turnovers.

We have 5 wins and our two losses we could have won if not for dropped TD’s.

Do you agree we should win the following?
Giants - worst record in football
Arizona - just beat 33-0
49ers - will be playing to lose for draft

That puts us at 8 wins. We are winning 8 games minimum.

We need 2 more wins vs the following:

Houston - defense looks bad
Vikings - haven’t played anyone.
Saints - mediocre Defense.
Eagles - Solid Overall team
Seahawks
Titans - may be out of playoff picture by then

We can’t win 2 of those games?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This D is for real and it’s sustainable because, unlike last year, this O can sustain drives which gives the D the rest it needs so it doesn’t burn out in the second half of the season.

This is a complete team in all 3 phases and it’s still young so should only get better.

10 wins? I’d be disappointed with only 10.

Micah

UDFA
Name
Micah
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah right, aren’t you the same guy who spouted the Seahawks were going to shut down Houston’s offense? What the hell happened there son?

No cred here bud, sorry but you got some crow to eat, seems like a rook QB had his way with your boys...in Seattle, what was that you were spewing beforehand?

I totally disagree with your assumption the Rams lose to Houston, Philly and your way past their best day soon to be second fiddle Seahawks
Nope I never said we would shut down that high powered offense of Houston I said it had trap game written all over it in fact. Lucky and fortunate to chalk up a W and take over first place.

Micah

UDFA
Name
Micah
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have beaten the Jags and Cowboys on the road and destroyed Seattle if it wasn’t for some fluke plays and 5 stupid turnovers.
LOL salt much? maybe don't turn it over next time aye?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These...
I am keeping focused on one game at a time.
Win one game at a time is how the Rams earn their way to the playoff.
one down at a time.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the one game at a time cliche. I don't thinks completely true. IMO, you need to have a goal, have a plan and understand what it takes to achieve that goal, then focus on each task while keeping the goal in mind.
The goal is to build a house... but you do that by nailing boards together one at a time... laying bricks... one at a time...

Next up? The New York Football Giants.

Gotta come prepared to play a great team... period.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
hmmmm being a perennial sub 8-8 team, has made me very wary on the post-bye week to come.

@Giants - Our road record is good, and the Giants are without their stars on O. We should be able to take this game, however Manning has not lost a game to the Rams in his career. (W)

Texans - Their O and D aren't as bad as some Rams fans are saying IMO. we must contain Hopkins, Miller and Watson. I really do think is game will be the marker for the Rams. where we do out-power the Texans though is on Special Teams, they could win this game for us. We're going to have to start winning at home if we want to progress. (W)

@vikings - Keenum has that O rolling guys, but I think our D-line is going to be too much for their O-line. (W)

Saints - Their D is starting to click and Brees is an elite QB with plenty of weapons, I'm worried about this game. (L)

@Cardinals - It's away, which seems to suit us at the moment! we've just butterflied and BBQd the Cardinals in London, I can't see us losing this game at this moment in time, it will be a tougher game, but we still win by at least 3 scores. (W)

Eagles - I'm hoping that the loss of their LT is going to hurt CW, but with the addition of Ajay, who's a good blocking RB, they are probably the team to beat in the NFL. CW's confidence is sky high at the moment, it's going to have to take some elite D play to rock that, and that's where we'll have to win this game, early turn-over to put them on the back foot. (L)

@Seahawks - The damn Seahawks, no matter how good or bad we are, its always a low scoring slug-fest. I think the Hawks get away with murder and do the double on us (L)

@Titans - Our secondary are going to be all over their WR options and will stifle the air-attack, if we can contain Henry and their running game and our D gets to Mariota, then this is another tick in the W column. (W)

49'ers - This is a must-win game for us, Jimmy G will be running the O nicely by December, unfortunately our D will be one of the best in the league by then, we win at home (W)

So I see us as finishing 11 - 5, I'd love to say that it'll be 12 - 4 with McVay pulling the rug from under Carroll's feet - it might even be worth giving Fisher a call ;-)

What I'm seeing tough is a team that has the potential to win any team we come up against, we need to stay healthy, eliminate some of the little errors that have been creeping in and in a lot of cases we're going to have to out-coach the opposition, yes a lot is going to be down to McVay and how he handles the opposition.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I see the remainder of your schedule and at least 3 losses with losing to Houston, Philly and Seattle and maybe even one more. In all likelihood is 10-6 still good enough for a wild card this year in the NFC?
I don't accept this scenario at all! I predicted a 13-3 Record at the beginning of the Season, and I'm sticking to it! Houston and Philly will be hard fought games, but they are winnable! And Seattle ... We will get REVENGE!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's easier for me to look at the last 9 games in thirds..

@Giants
Texans
@vikings

Saints
@Cardinals
Eagles

@Seahawks
@Titans
49ers

Can we go 2-1 in each third? I think so..

The toss up games are: Texans, @vikings, Saints, Eagles, @Seahawks, @Titans

Can we go 3-3 in those games? I sure hope so. 3 home games, 3 road games

11-5 and if we can beat Seattle, we have a shot to win the division.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I see the remainder of your schedule and at least 3 losses with losing to Houston, Philly and Seattle and maybe even one more. In all likelihood is 10-6 still good enough for a wild card this year in the NFC?

How do you see 3 losses to Houston, Philly, and Seattle.

We could have beaten Seattle at home we turned the ball over 5 times that cost of the game and we pretty much held there offense in check.

Philly is good but they also lost there starting LT and LB and they will be playing us on the road in LA.

Houston, as you saw in the shootout with Seattle can be scored on.

So i just don't see the automatic losses to those teams.

Please share why you feel that way?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If we have a losing record of 5-6 the rest of the season, McVay will be extremely ticked off but we will still be 10-6. Don't see us falling apart under the new management we are under. The problem for many Rams fans is that a decade or more of watching this team mail it in has resulted in a form of PTSD and cynicism. But I predict 11-5 or better and a playoff berth, barring injuries at the most important positions.

nighttrain

Legend
If we have a losing record of 5-6 the rest of the season, McVay will be extremely ticked off but we will still be 10-6. Don't see us falling apart under the new management we are under. The problem for many Rams fans is that a decade or more of watching this team mail it in has resulted in a form of PTSD and cynicism. But I predict 11-5 or better and a playoff berth, barring injuries at the most important positions.
We are 5-2 now, correct? 5-6 is 11 games + 7 is 18 games
train

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
I think I suffer from PTFD (Post Traumatic Fisher Disorder)
:LOL:

I do also! It's hard for me to optimistic after the last 10 years, but I really think the Rams are a good team this year. Not only that, I think the Rams are much better than when they lost those games to Washington and Seattle. The light seems to have come on with the defense the last 2 and a half games. I think the Rams win at least 10 games this year, and there's a good chance they win 11 IMHO.

Time will tell.

I can't wait for this bye week to be over!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do also! It's hard for me to optimistic after the last 10 years, but I really think the Rams are a good team this year. Not only that, I think the Rams are much better than when they lost those games to Washington and Seattle. The light seems to have come on with the defense the last 2 and a half games. I think the Rams win at least 10 games this year, and there's a good chance they win 11 IMHO.

Time will tell.

I can't wait for this bye week to be over!
I don't expect a full-on tank game (although that is possible)... but they still make me very nervous on game day.

Hi, I'm RMFN and I'm a recovering PTFD victim. I feel like I'm getting better every day... but still need to make sure I am not subjected to any film of a Fisher-led offense so I don't go into relapse.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
We are 5-2 now, correct? 5-6 is 11 games + 7 is 18 games
train

giphy.gif

tempests

Hall of Fame
Don't like the idea of trying to compete for a wild card in a crowded NFC field. Too many variables.

Rather the Rams control their own destiny and outpace Seattle for the division. Losing at home to the Seahawks really hurt. Makes week 15 in Seattle a virtual must-win.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I suffer from PTFD (Post Traumatic Fisher Disorder)
I think it made me Bipolar/Manic depressive.
With Fisher I was so relieved that Spags was gone until I realized Fisher sucked as bad
Now I'm stoked
But I'm scared of the Giants
Goff is awesome
When is the other shoe going to drop?

See what I mean....

Ellard80

Legend
Its pretty hard to look at an NFL schedule and predict wins and losses.

In college football maybe.... not in the NFL

Can only take it one game at a time. It's fun to look ahead I guess.