Can the Rams really finish 10-6 and make the playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Micah

UDFA
Name
Micah
I see the remainder of your schedule and at least 3 losses with losing to Houston, Philly and Seattle and maybe even one more. In all likelihood is 10-6 still good enough for a wild card this year in the NFC?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am keeping focused on one game at a time. That’s all that really matters. Not to mention, it feels too early to anticipate scenarios just yet.

No doubt what appears the top contenders changes slightly in the games ahead as teams settle in and (unfortunately) there will be more injuries that impact things for all teams.

But...

To answer your question; 10 wins should be good enough. There just doesn’t appear many complete teams this year. Some of the teams with 5 wins right now are very beatable.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
13-3 division champs with our one loss to either Houston or Minnesota.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Win one game at a time is how the Rams earn their way to the playoff. Years ago when the Seahawks won the division at 7-9 and entered the playoffs is not how it's done.

Rams determine and dictate how to win the NFC West division and enter the playoffs and win it all is by one win, one game at a time. Can't look to far ahead.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I see the remainder of your schedule and at least 3 losses with losing to Houston, Philly and Seattle and maybe even one more. In all likelihood is 10-6 still good enough for a wild card this year in the NFC?
Of course they can.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I think 3 teams left on our schedule are all gonna be division winners:
vikings, eagles, and saints.
(You can even throw in the texans in the AFC)

Of course, the west will be between the seahawks and the Rams.

Making it into the playoffs will be hard part. Once were in, doubt we'll face anybody we haven't already beaten.
...but we have to get there first. It starts against the gmen on Sunday.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
depends on if Wade Phillips defense is for real

JackStraw

Rookie
depends on if Wade Phillips defense is for real
I think the defense will have easier time keeping pace than the offense. A defense with AD, AO, MBrock, MBarron, Joyner and TruJo/handful of reliables should be investigated for manslaughter.

Realistically Vegas should have the Rams a +120 line to make play offs. If I was making the books the line would be -175.

JackStraw

Rookie
I think 3 teams left on our schedule are all gonna be division winners:
vikings, eagles, and saints.
(You can even throw in the texans in the AFC)
You realize we have a 100% chance to face the NFC East and AFC South champions right?
Of those 8 teams the only free pass was Indy. Looks like another year, another top 10 strength of schedule.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the one game at a time cliche. I don't thinks completely true. IMO, you need to have a goal, have a plan and understand what it takes to achieve that goal, then focus on each task while keeping the goal in mind.

TexasRam

Legend
That’s why they play the games. No one knows. Literally NO one.

Freak turnovers and injuries will have their say among other things.

Statistically it does look like the Rams have a good enough team to make the playoffs, with their current record and upcoming schedule.

But flipping a coin is just as guaranteed as anyone else’s prediction.

But It’s gonna be a hell of a season and I’ll be there screaming and yelling one way or the other!!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the one game at a time cliche. I don't thinks completely true. IMO, you need to have a goal, have a plan and understand what it takes to achieve that goal, then focus on each task while keeping the goal in mind.

So then eat the elephant one bite at a time, right? Or...I don't know....One game at a time? :fuelfire:

JackStraw

Rookie
Allowing hypotheticals to dominate discussions is uniquely awesome to men and without them there wouldn't be too much to talk about

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the one game at a time cliche.
The one game at a time cliche is much more palatable when your team doesn't suck. Goal: championship. How do you get there? One game at a time.

When your team sucks balls, different story. Goal: championship. How do you get there? Trade for Garoppolo? Lose out to get high draft pick? Win final ten games to overcome a 1-5 start?

Put me in the "enjoy one game at a time" club. It's been way too long since I could say that.

Marc Spector

Rookie
I think we can. I think the NFC north will spawn the other Wild Card (barring either the Panthers/Falcons catching fire, which I doubt). I think the bottom 3 East teams will all cancel each other our barring Philly losing their hold.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Yeah right, aren’t you the same guy who spouted the Seahawks were going to shut down Houston’s offense? What the hell happened there son?

No cred here bud, sorry but you got some crow to eat, seems like a rook QB had his way with your boys...in Seattle, what was that you were spewing beforehand?

I totally disagree with your assumption the Rams lose to Houston, Philly and your way past their best day soon to be second fiddle Seahawks

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
You realize we have a 100% chance to face the NFC East and AFC South champions right?
Of those 8 teams the only free pass was Indy. Looks like another year, another top 10 strength of schedule.

Yes, I understand the mathematics of the schedule, but of our REMAINING schedule, I see the 3 division winners (NFC) still ahead. As for strength of schedule, we are matching up w/ corresponding 3rd place teams (last year) for our 2 remaining "odd" games and wouldn't you know it, it's the vikes and saints.

Tough games ahead. Can't see the Rams making the playoffs w/o beating all or almost all of those 4 teams (hawks, saints, eagles, and vikes)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we lose twice to seattle I dont know if we make it in.
We shouldn't get in if we lose to an inferior team like the Hawks twice. We are straight up younger and more talented. I disagree with the OP, and would be severely disappointed losing to an incomplete team like the Texans,.