Can McVay fix the Rams’ offense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Where will the "new" LA Rams offense rank?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brand new system True
All your WR's are rookies Yeah not quite we do have 2 4 year vets at least other than rookies
Oline not Quite solidified. Unknown at this point. Whitworth alone is a huge step to that solidifying.
QB essentially in rookie season. Kinda sorta it's his second camp but his first under this system.

That said the upgrade in offensive coaching I think is being understated by some. But this early it's all speculation :)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even simple throws to the flat became a problem, like this Week 14 attempt to hit Todd Gurleythat turned into a 33-yard pick-six:

lapick.0.gif

how can you pay attention to someone who can't even be bothered to ensure he provides the right details in his article?

the throw was neither to the flat or to todd gurley. gurley wasn't even in the flat. amateur.

having said that, goff needs to see those lbers waiting for those exact throws.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Can McVay to get Goff to play like a quality NFL QB?

If yes, then he can fix the offense.
In no, then he cannot.

It's a simple as that, IMO.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Going out and getting the best LOT available indicates this coaching staff knows what it will take to play winning football. A most encouraging sign.

Whether the rest of the oline, which frequently, and embarrassingly, got manhandled last year is able to step it up will determine our fate.

Just how far can imaginative and fearless play calling mask our obvious talent deficiencies along the Oline?

I reckon we will soon see.

I think the old adage, your only as strong as your weakest link, really holds true for the oline. Last year our center could never hold up and almost always was pushed back on short yardage. Our left tackle made to many mistakes. To top it off the scheme and the lack of imagination took the advantage of knowing what the play was away from our line. All three issues have been addressed. Whether or not they have been addressed properly is yet to be seen, but it is hard to believe that the oline won’t be better. There is one more aspect to improvement from last year. The linemen had to know things were futile as the season progressed. I am not saying anybody stopped trying, I am just saying it is hard to give the extra effort needed to succeed knowing there is no point. It is human nature. I think the fresh start will have everyone motivated and when they see success they will stay motivated. Our oline has a chance to be much better this year and that will translate into at least twice as many wins.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not expecting too much in 2017, but I think we'll be a better offense than we've been the past few years. 2018 and beyond, I hope to see us grow into a really good offense.. but we'll see.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
McVay knows Offenses and can improve them, that's what they hired him to do, I think the Rams will have a Top 15 Offense this year, and a Top 5 Defense!! We WILL be in the Playoff's this year or my name isn't ???? :dizzy:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I was just watching some greatest show on turf film. The highlights popped up as suggested.

The way the players were deployed in multiple sets.

The way that there was multiple tight end packages.

The way the full back was used.

Flexed back.

Etc. Etc.

I got chills.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just watching some greatest show on turf film. The highlights popped up as suggested.

The way the players were deployed in multiple sets.

The way that there was multiple tight end packages.

The way the full back was used.

Flexed back.

Etc. Etc.

I got chills.
Only one Mike Martz....last good coach we had. If McVay is like Martz...we're in good hands.