Can Cory Littleton take the next step at LB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I liked Littleton this year.
I am cutting Quinn and signing Davis off the Broncos.
Longacre/Davis/Ogletree/Littleton....or Barron
What are Davis’ strengths? I can’t say I know much about him. Is he better against the rush or in coverage?

I’m all for the Rams giving him a contract if the price is right. The LB core is definitely an area that could afford some improvement.

fearsomefour

Legend
What are Davis’ strengths? I can’t say I know much about him. Is he better against the rush or in coverage?

I’m all for the Rams giving him a contract if the price is right. The LB core is definitely an area that could afford some improvement.
He is listed as an ILB.
I think he could rotate to OLB as well somewhat.
He is a run stopper first in my opinion.
Last grade I remember on him from this season was a 88.5 grade against the run and 83.5 overall. That grade was in October I believe, don't know how he faired the rest of the season.
There are guys like Whitehead who is a run stuffer, purely a one or two down LB. Davis can plan the run as well but has less physical limitations than a guy like Whitehead.
Im not sure what price Davis will command on the FA market.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Right now they have 38M invested in LBs for 2018. Without Barwin (who is a FA). Quinn, Ogletree and Barron are scheduled to count 34M. Massive financial investment in one position group.
For that type of investment, you must get difference making performance for teams to stay at the top. Rams are just not getting that from those guys.

Yeah no matter how you slice it this is a business. Snead isn't going to come out and tell anyone what he's thinking before they sit down as a team and prioritize each position. And that conversation where they prioritize each position will be considering what players are making vs their production vs the cap hit if cut.

Something's gonna give at LB. Quinn is likely gone or restructured. Barron is likely gone. Those two are the low hanging fruit in this equation. Barwin probably leaves too, unless he's willing to come back at an affordable rate which is possible.

I think they draft the LB position overall. There are a lot of options for ILB to replace Barron in FA, but the price vs whether they'll be an upgrade isn't a good ratio. Really looks like a LB heavy draft for us, they're just not going to get all crazy bringing everyone back to a unit that failed in stopping the run.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
If one of the NTs, Vea or Payne are available at the 23rd pick one of them will be the pick. This will go along way to solving the problems with the run defense. Keep Barron and say goodbye to Quinn.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He is listed as an ILB.
I think he could rotate to OLB as well somewhat.
He is a run stopper first in my opinion.
Last grade I remember on him from this season was a 88.5 grade against the run and 83.5 overall. That grade was in October I believe, don't know how he faired the rest of the season.
There are guys like Whitehead who is a run stuffer, purely a one or two down LB. Davis can plan the run as well but has less physical limitations than a guy like Whitehead.
Im not sure what price Davis will command on the FA market.

I wouldn’t want him to play outside. Put him next to Tree and save that outside spot for Samson Ebuhdmslsnd. I think he’s going to be a stud.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I like him as a potential growth talent. But when he got a full games reps against the 49ers 1st string, he got worked. Maybe not a fair gauge to assess on.

fearsomefour

Legend
I wouldn’t want him to play outside. Put him next to Tree and save that outside spot for Samson Ebuhdmslsnd. I think he’s going to be a stud.
Could be.
Don't know yet.
Longacre, Sampson, Littleton and draft pick.
Opportinites for improved depth for sure.
I would certainly start Davis inside but I think he is a versatile piece as well.