CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 6: Tues, Aug 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
What happens when you combine one of the strongest arms in the league with one of the best deep threats of all time?

I have a feeling this year is going to be one for the record books :thumbsup1:
Such a great low risk signing for us. If DJax can stay healthy for majority of this year (lets say 14 games) he will have at least 5 long TDs of 40+ yards. You can lock that in and take it to the bank. Its not just his speed, or Stafford's arm, or Stafford's love for throwing the ball down the field... but McVay's scheme will have him open so much running free. We were #1 in bunch formations ran the last two years, and it will be impossible to keep track of DJax. His speed is elite but he's also a great route runner. Very underrated part of his game. He's already had what 4 deep TDs in 11-on-11 drills in 5 days of camp? Shit is insane.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Nope, just pointing it out
Yea I think ultimately we will see Fuller and Burgess starting with Rapp playing a lot as the 3rd safety/LB hybrid in sub packages. He's never been great against the pass so I bet he will get picked on at times. But shit Kupp had a good 5 yards on him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Glad T Lewis is getting his normal veterans day off with Big Whit. When you have the knees of a 60yr old I'm sure it helps a little. What a waste of a fucking 3rd rounder man.

We'll see. I still have faith in Lewis.

Shuie3225

Starter
We'll see. I still have faith in Lewis.
No one can deny his natural talent. But if you never see the field you cant develop and won't be around long. Degenerative knee conditions don't improve as you age either. Hoping for the best but not expecting any production from him until we see evidence that he can stay on the field.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ramsey got faked out of his jock strap by Jefferson. Knocked Jefferson down. Drew the flag. Jefferson looks like a keeper for sure.
He was better than Josh Reynolds last season. Mcvay sort of F’d up ? Then again Van Jefferson is better for it.

His route running is excellent.The Rams depth a WR is as good as it has ever BEN(Skow). DJ1 is only going to open things up even more.
Harris’s at TE is just going to add to the WR group.If you were wondering about a FB I really haven’t seen it ?

Tutu who ? He made his decision & is missing quality training camp.He seems lost after listening to his interview. Lucky he didn’t effect other players. I really don’t know the whole situation,but seeing Matthew Stafford on the field with The 1’s only shows how important it is to be getting these practice Reps!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No one can deny his natural talent. But if you never see the field you cant develop and won't be around long. Degenerative knee conditions don't improve as you age either. Hoping for the best but not expecting any production from him until we see evidence that he can stay on the field.
There is a lot of depth on The Rams squad.I think he will be okay & not asked to do that much. IMO he will be put in spots to succeed.
2022 has to be different though.If he does the right thing, he will only get better.
Talk to Copper Kupp. Reggie has got this!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nope, just pointing it out
Finally today the pads go on. Real hitting and no holding back. Looks like Stafford at least doesn't have a broken thumb or needs any surgery. Wolford will be with the ones and we get to see Perkins and Hodges for the first time in scrimmages.

Stafford's injury should have never happened. McVay broke one of his TC rules, that being ones go against the twos and vice versa just to avoid this kind of thing happening. Ones vs ones get after it a lot harder. I bet ones don't go against ones today.

Now that pads are on, can Corbett hold up and protect? Can Hopkins insert himself in the TE mix? Who will emerge as KR-PR?

Will be posting this evening.

Well - I’m a half-full glass type guy sometimes,but it must feel good to see Stafford going against The 1’s on Defense in Pads today ?

where was Hopkins today ?

Heard Corbett ran down field to celebrate with Copper Kupp. Just solid team chemistry.

BTW- who got more Reps ? Hodges or Perkins ?? The most I saw of them was passing to each other on the sideline keeping warm. Not trying to be funny,but I actually think Hodges has taken more snaps than Perkins so far ?? Just asking.

Plus I have not been there early enough to see the PR guys. Bones used to get more work in years past
imo ? He use to run downfield with them.

Also is the FG short on kicks than regulation?? Had a bad angle,but seemed to be more narrow ?

Thanks for all your posting & insight.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taylor Rapp continues getting beat deep
To be fair, people get beat all the time in the camp. They're just random reps. Ramsey got shaken out of his shoes by Jefferson on a nasty route apparently. But I wouldn't say that Jefferson would just abuse Ramsey play after play in a real game. And kupp's going to beat a lot of people