CAMP REPORT Camp Report: Day 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not necessarily a surprise, but really great news anyway.

Imo Kupp is the key piece in the passing game. Though the other receivers are also great Kupp is the man on third down and when no one else is open downfield. I expect him to have a pro bowl type year.
Yep. Kupp makes the whole passing game click IMO.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Fantastic report as always Gents! Hopefully I'll get out to a practice or two. Was great seeing Elvis from Rams Fans United with you all.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny...ever since the Rams moved back to LA and had their first camp again So Cal as the Los Angeles Rams, it seemed like they played little brother to the Cowboys in Oxnard. Winning that playoff game last year the way in which we did, ended that feeling for me. Now, the Cowboy coverage in Oxnard seems a little like THEY are the little brother now in So Cal, and I kinda love it!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

nighttrain

Legend
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL network saying 13,000 fans at first day of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RamsCamp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#RamsCamp</a> in Irvin’s. Holy crap lol</p>&mdash; JBro | SoCal Designs (@JBroFronk) <a href="
View: https://twitter.com/JBroFronk/status/1155240946511953927?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
">July 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great turnout, and much thanks for the camp reports, they're godsends back here in Iowa
train

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
These reports and pics are AWESOMENESS.

MAHALOS BRUDDAHS

So wish I could be there with you guys! Fucking jealous as hell.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These reports and pictures are AWESOME. Thanks to all, from your ROD brothers over here on the east coast.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Thanks for the reports boys, keep all us Ram fans on the other side of the country informed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sebastian Joseph-Day. Almost a mirror image of Brockers. this guy is cut and quick. Only day one of practice, but he stood out today.

Great report and good to read about Joseph-Day....I really liked this guy at Rutgers and it's obvious he used his time last year wisely and is now bigger and stronger and ready to answer the call in his 2nd year...I still believe that Joseph-Day will be the starter at Carolina, with Gaines contributing as well.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just saw Vinny B's tweet of Jo-Day lining up with the ones on the DL. It wasn't too hard to see he was clearly bigger, faster and more pumped than the other guys he's competing with.

My focus today will be OL, WR, DB's and 11 on 11. With the size of the crowd, and expected more of the same today, its hard to get close. Will get VRF to clear a path, he's much bigger than I.:burp:

13,000? That's huge! What a difference from the first TC when Fisher was running TC like a country club.
sometime
Look for a new thread for day 2 report. (Sometime tonight)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So Gaines...I don't know. He looks short, stocky, and slow today. @bubbaramfan thought the same.

. I tried to show him my Note phone. He refused to even look at it!

That's because @bubbaramfan is an original, he's an Apple user not a droid;)....As to Gaines not worried as Gaines has never looked the part and in college, that was his modus operandi. Teams did not think much of him and he always showed up on game day and I expect the same at this level, as he gets up to speed.

Keep in mind the Rams have a new defensive line coach in Eric Henderson, so I expect Gaines to improve on a daily basis.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great report and good to read about Joseph-Day....I really liked this guy at Rutgers and it's obvious he used his time last year wisely and is now bigger and stronger and ready to answer the call in his 2nd year...I still believe that Joseph-Day will be the starter at Carolina, with Gaines contributing as well.

I think the Rams really want Gaines to be the starter (hence the trade up) but if Joseph-Day has improved enough to beat out Gaines - especially if Gaines plays well - that's good. It would send a message to every backup for years to come that if they work really hard, they can become the starter, and that sort of competition in a talented lineup leads to titles. I do expect Gaines to eventually win out, both both should get plenty of playing time.

Ram65

Legend
Looks like the SJD hype is real!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear reports when the pads are on. Having him and Gaines competing will make them both better. It may not matter who starts as they both will get playing time. I expect them to play well against the run but, looking to see who can also push the pocket against the pass. I've been on the SJD bandwagon since the spring. His quick get off and increased strength could make him a force in the middle.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
CoachO used to drive me fucking nuts with his know-it-all attitude...but damn I miss his camp reports.

Not that y’all aren’t great, but we all know who the kind was when it came to this.

Someone needs to stalk his posts on other forums and copy/paste! Lol

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
thanks for the great camp reports. means a lot to us fans up here in the great state of idaram or is it ramaho. must be idaram because idaram(fan)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looks like the SJD hype is real!!!!!!

Maybe and I hope so. But not going to assume anything with the big guys until a few pads days are behind us.