Camp Photos and report Aug 1, 2023

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Veteran Ram is saying how he watched the Offensive Line.He was saying how poor some players did.
I agree day 2 The defense played better.The offense day 1 from the offensive line looked better.

My point being is if The Offensive Line did bad,why isn’t The Rams Defense getting any credit ?
— Day 1 from My training camp report Joesph Noteboom ate B. Young for dinner & Ajaric Jackson had him for dessert.

-Day 2 Noteboom didn’t look so good & went back to his LAZY WAYS.He seems like he plays on Emotion? I don’t know.I do know I felt the same way about Steve Avila & Noteboom day 2. They didn’t look as GOOD as Day 1.

I think playing Steve Avila at RG is not a good idea either.He looks more comfortable at LG.
Alaric Jackson IMO is The Rams Best RG.

Anchrum looked good at RG Day 1 though & was starting. The different rotations makes it more difficult for the O’Lineman & puts them out if there comfort zone.
Some very good observations, @So Ram .

Why isn't the D getting more credit against the O line? IMHO it's the O line that is playing poor and not the D playing better. Look at my pics and if you can figure out the proper sequence (for some reason, Google Photos puts them in what ever order they want) you'll see players like Noteboom, Avila and Bruss getting tangled up with their feet or just plain being beat by the defensive player. Now at times they can recover or they get help from another lineman but they all need some time together.

I agree that Avila is looking better at left guard than right (he was at both positions). Bruss was out at right tackle which I feel is a good position for him and helps out our O line for depth.

oldnotdead

Legend
I read that Morris and the other coaches were just as frustrated as we were with the easy pitch and catch cushions they allowed last year.
LOL I think it had more to do with all the uber soft coverages he called. When you line your CBs 10 yds off the LOS what do you expect?

With all the cross training and rotation they are doing like has been mentioned, it's going to take the OL time to gell as a unit. They should have cleared everything up in OTAs and been starting their projected starting OL now to give them time to learn to play as a unit. This is especially true with a bunch of rookies and 2nd year guys. But they have time yet and I think next week they will have decided who is the starter and who isn't.

It's clear from many of the reports and the photos that Noteboom is clearly rusty. So if Jackson isn't the clear winner you have to wonder. Regardless, this OL will be good if they can stay healthy. The only concerning thing I've heard is how poor the overall conditioning has been. They have a month to get that rectified. Time to run these guys at the close of each practice. That will show the coaches who really needs work.

Thanks for the pics and observations! Much appreciated!