Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
YEAH - WOW - can you believe that.How bad was that.

Like OH my GOSh what a shame. Kyren Williams is such a bad player.

2 TD’s in each of the first games was a surprise to almost all.

Like Mcvay said they sort of scored too fast before the half.Todd Gurley might have sat down at the half yard line.He was super aware of fame situations.Then again no timeouts. You’d think a FG not a TD. Plus doing math 7-3 = 4,which seemed like that would be all they got.

If Kendrick just try’s to turn its not a PI. Tough playing that timing in the Endzone.

Just nice to see The Rams play well. Were you wearing Red at SOFI ?Wondering about expectations of some Fans ? Hard to see that much Red & an eight game losing streak . Keeping things in perspective is all I need as a Long Time Rams Fan.

I was TOTALLY WRONG about CAM AKERS!! He has the skills to be a Top RB ? Then again like you said,ball bouncing off Kyren’s hands was not good.Still he does an excellent job picking up Blitzes & makes plays,has positive energy.

That 2020 draft is turning out VERY SAD!!! Van Jefferson really needs to step up to have anything worth talking positively .

I agree with your 3rd, 4th, 7th, 11th and 14th comments.

Strongly disagree with comments #1, #2, #6, #8 #13 and #'s 15-19.

A little confused by your 5th an 10th comments.

Totally confused by your 9th and 21st comments.

Regarding Comment #12 ... W-T-F!!!

As for your questions to me, the answers are Yes, No, No, Maybe, Yes and only on Saturday nights.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I would just prefer to have another plus caliber back on the roster. Maybe Rivers and/or Evans can be that guy... but since Gurley left, we've seen plenty of what mediocrity in the backfield looks like. I would hate to be one good back away from closing out big games down the stretch because we didn't have enough at a position that almost everyone claims is easily to replace.
We're gonna find out.

On "easily replacing" a RB; who are the irreplaceable RBs?

Jacobs?
McCaffrey?
Chubb?
Henry?
Bijan Robinson right now?

So far this year Dalvin Cook and Zeke have been released; Ekeler, Barkley, Dobbins and Chubb have been injured. It's a passing league anyway.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree with your 3rd, 4th, 7th, 11th and 14th comments.

Strongly disagree with comments #1, #2, #6, #8 #13 and #'s 15-19.

A little confused by your 5th an 10th comments.

Totally confused by your 9th and 21st comments.

Regarding Comment #12 ... W-T-F!!!

As for your questions to me, the answers are Yes, No, No, Maybe, Yes and only on Saturday nights.
Hopefully the results on Sunday will be better,except this week looking for a Happy Ending to come Monday Night in Cinncy!!
As early as it is could determine both teams fate in 2023.

Go Rams!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
. It's a passing league anyway.

Okay, that's exactly what I hope the Rams aren't thinking. "It's a passing game anyway" isn't going to keep our old QB in prime condition for very long, imo. I would like to see Stafford not have to be the reason we win or lose. As it stands currently, If Stafford isn't playing at an elite level on any given day, we aren't likely to win. If the pass game gets shut down, mediocrity at RB isn't going to make the defense pay for

I value the position more than most and I believe the history of the NFL shows us clearly that trends are cyclical. Any day now a team could build a run game juggernaut and punish all these "passing league" defenses. A strong run game can be a huge asset to young defenses. When you can control the clock and pick up 1st downs on the ground without relying on the QB to do it through the air, that's when a productive Offense becomes dominant.

Aside from adding a legit pass rusher or an elite DB, a difference maker at RB is at the top of my wishlist.
If KW stays healthy AND effective all season as our RB1, then maybe next season I'll agree that we don't need RB help but I'm not there right now.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You want to take another swing at the pitch?
Well that pitch felt like a Home Run. Definitely not a homer,so a road victory seems pretty nice on National TV!!

You might like tonight’s game if you like Red.The Blue team might be in trouble.Still thinking The Rams might beat both these teams in 2023.
A Happy New Years would be nice as well.Maybe you’re not the celebration type either.The Halloween dress up game should put The Rams at 2-1 in the NFC West? You’re down on that game as well? Can always put extra make up & be a Red Birded Clown.

How’s that ? Might have swing & missed,but a couple of those might have went out of the Park!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How’s that ? Might have swing & missed, but a couple of those might have went out of the Park!

Strike Two! Come-on now, you can do this.

I will even give you a little hint below. Think hard ... hey, that's another hint!

1695332423825.png

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Okay, that's exactly what I hope the Rams aren't thinking. "It's a passing game anyway" isn't going to keep our old QB in prime condition for very long, imo. I would like to see Stafford not have to be the reason we win or lose. As it stands currently, If Stafford isn't playing at an elite level on any given day, we aren't likely to win. If the pass game gets shut down, mediocrity at RB isn't going to make the defense pay for

I value the position more than most and I believe the history of the NFL shows us clearly that trends are cyclical. Any day now a team could build a run game juggernaut and punish all these "passing league" defenses. A strong run game can be a huge asset to young defenses. When you can control the clock and pick up 1st downs on the ground without relying on the QB to do it through the air, that's when a productive Offense becomes dominant.

Aside from adding a legit pass rusher or an elite DB, a difference maker at RB is at the top of my wishlist.
If KW stays healthy AND effective all season as our RB1, then maybe next season I'll agree that we don't need RB help but I'm not there right now.
Fair enough.

My position is best described by Jaws...."points come out of the passing game". Sure, you want to be able to run but you don't necessarily need a stud. RB by committee (re: a good run game) can work just fine.

You want a good run game to protect Stafford. Why? Because you have to be able to pass if you want to win.

You want a good RB to spell KW.
I want a good OL so Rivers and Evans can succeed spelling KW.

I think our head coach has a good handle on what our offense needs. If he thinks he doesn't have a good stable of RBs without Akers, he'll acquire somebody. But it may be he likes what he sees on the practice field and that's why he wasted no time coddling Akers.

Worry? Why?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
View attachment 61528

You really can't see it?

You like the bengals uniform & cheering for the team that looks like referees in black & white.Just because it makes you feel good when the rams lose.That what makes you right that the rams are worse than you thought.Making a rams lose your happy ending thinking about Robert Kraft & how NE cheated the rams out of there 2nd superbowl victory.-I don’t see the happy ending there.