Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I am a little pissed at Akers.

This same whole deal last year soured me. All offseason I wanted an upgrade.

But as we got closer to the season he looked bulked up. He worked hard. I started believing in him again. Openly selling that belief here.

Then...

Key And Peele Reaction GIF

The Rams only have 50 roster players under contract right now, Snead may not be done just yet ...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
The Rams only have 50 roster players under contract right now, Snead may not be done just yet ...
Was just about to ask. So we elevate Freeman. I’d also like to see Tyler Johnson elevated as well. Seemed he was getting schemed open on the regular in preseason.

I’d also like to see an edge rusher who can seal against the run added to the roster. Might as well trade Boom for Chandler straight up. Dotson has had almost three weeks to pick up the playbook.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Was just about to ask. So we elevate Freeman. I’d also like to see Tyler Johnson elevated as well. Seemed he was getting schemed open on the regular in preseason.

I’d also like to see an edge rusher who can seal against the run added to the roster. Might as well trade Boom for Chandler straight up. Dotson has had almost three weeks to pick up the playbook.

Could go in several directions, including a cheap outside RB to pair with Williams. :thinking:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Never mind. Chandler went on NFI today. Don’t know if he’s right in the head, huge risk.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
KW can't be expected to carry this workload and survive the season, let alone perform like he has while feeling fresh after a whole year of not playing.
Why not? KW's last 2 seasons in college. 415 rushing attempts, 77 receptions in 24 games. 20.5 touches per game. 0 missed games. Why can't he be the #1? Rivers will spell him. Evans hopefully too. Obviously the staff doesn't have a problem with it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Why not? KW's last 2 seasons in college. 415 rushing attempts, 77 receptions in 24 games. 20.5 touches per game. 0 missed games. Why can't he be the #1? Rivers will spell him. Evans hopefully too. Obviously the staff doesn't have a problem with it.

He isn't big, plays very physical, missed last year to injury.

I like KW a lot. I want him to stay effective and be a big part of our offense... but I think that's as part of a rotation, not as a bell cow in his first real season as an NFL running back. I'll be happy if I'm wrong and we get lucky. I just don't like relying on luck..

PARAM

Hall of Fame

I like KW a lot. I want him to stay effective and be a big part of our offense... but I think that's as part of a rotation, not as a bell cow in his first real season as an NFL running back. I'll be happy if I'm wrong and we get lucky. I just don't like relying on luck..
He missed the beginning of last year (weeks 2 through 9) He played 8 of the last 9 games. Not much but that was undoubtedly because he was a rookie.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
All the best Cam.

:thumbsup1:

Glad it has been done and hasn't dragged on. Both parties can move on and we can focus on the Bengals.

GO RAMS !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well - don’t think you have a good vision or your facts straight.I’ll agree Kyren Williams
isn’t a cowbell type of RB.He does all the right things in a game.It’s just he needs a spell.

Look for Royce Freeman at some point picking up Carrie’s late in games. Zach Evans as well might earn some Carrie’s in a long season.

Ronnie Rivers is a tough smaller,but physically RB who played in a couple games in 2022.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Kyren Williams isn’t a cowbell type of RB. He does all the right things in a game.
Well, having a pass bounce off his hands for a easy Niner interception, with the Rams in 49er territory, in the 3rd quarter of a tied game wasn't exactly 'the right thing' or very helpful.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He missed the beginning of last year (weeks 2 through 9) He played 8 of the last 9 games. Not much but that was undoubtedly because he was a rookie.

I get it and I repeat, I like Kyren and believe he can get it done.... I would just prefer to have another plus caliber back on the roster. Maybe Rivers and/or Evans can be that guy... but since Gurley left, we've seen plenty of what mediocrity in the backfield looks like. I would hate to be one good back away from closing out big games down the stretch because we didn't have enough at a position that almost everyone claims is easily to replace.
Imo, if your starting RB is easy to replace, you don't have a very good one. The impact that a true difference maker at the position can have on the right team is huge.... and worth giving up a lot to get it. That's my outlook anyways..

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, having a pass bounce off his hands for a easy Niner interception, with the Rams in 49er territory, in the 3rd quarter of a tied game wasn't exactly 'the right thing' or very helpful.

YEAH - WOW - can you believe that.How bad was that.

Like OH my GOSh what a shame. Kyren Williams is such a bad player.

2 TD’s in each of the first games was a surprise to almost all.

Like Mcvay said they sort of scored too fast before the half.Todd Gurley might have sat down at the half yard line.He was super aware of fame situations.Then again no timeouts. You’d think a FG not a TD. Plus doing math 7-3 = 4,which seemed like that would be all they got.

If Kendrick just try’s to turn its not a PI. Tough playing that timing in the Endzone.

Just nice to see The Rams play well. Were you wearing Red at SOFI ?Wondering about expectations of some Fans ? Hard to see that much Red & an eight game losing streak . Keeping things in perspective is all I need as a Long Time Rams Fan.

I was TOTALLY WRONG about CAM AKERS!! He has the skills to be a Top RB ? Then again like you said,ball bouncing off Kyren’s hands was not good.Still he does an excellent job picking up Blitzes & makes plays,has positive energy.

That 2020 draft is turning out VERY SAD!!! Van Jefferson really needs to step up to have anything worth talking positively .