Bye Tavon ??? STAYS ON RESTRUCTURE!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I've never seen so many exciting Title changes!! :yay:

Should we try to get this threat to 100 pages before training camp? Might I suggest future changes?:

• And He shall be Tavon...
  • Will the last one out of the building Tavon the lights...
  • I'm leaving on a jetsweep, don't know if I'll be retained again...
  • Tavon paycut down to size...
  • Edit: Go Tavon on the mountain!
Come on guys, let your creative juices flow!!!

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend

So does that mean he now has a 1 year deal? If it is only for 2018... or does he mean they only restructured the 2018 part? Either way, that's perfect. He still has value on the team and we come out even in this deal compared to out right cutting him. And TA probably wouldn't have made 5-8 mil in a new deal so win/win situation i think.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many of the fumbles were on muffed punts? That's not the same thing as fumbling on offense. He had the yips on punts last year. I don't know what happened.

I don't have the data, unfortunately. I do know while last year was worse than usual - he has averaged over 4 fumbles per year in his career. Steadily dropping the ball, for relatively few touches.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He' our new deal threat, he will finally learn how to separate and run routes .

Im guessing 50 catches, 800 yards , 8td next season

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He' our new deal threat, he will finally learn how to separate and run routes .

Im guessing 50 catches, 800 yards , 8td next season

doubtful. Some jet sweeps, his best play. Hopefully the Rams will figure a way to sneak him out of the backfield to catch a handful of passes, with a couple going for big yardage so teams will have to pay much more attention to him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So does that mean he now has a 1 year deal? If it is only for 2018... or does he mean they only restructured the 2018 part? Either way, that's perfect. He still has value on the team and we come out even in this deal compared to out right cutting him. And TA probably wouldn't have made 5-8 mil in a new deal so win/win situation i think.

pretty sure the rest of the contract stays as is. works for both sides. tavon can't find a place in the offense the rams can cut him next season with no ramifications. tavon lights it up, or even just contributes more, he earns the right to get the rest of his money @ $9m per year. win win for both sides.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Wow. What a shocker.

I guess the jet sweep will remain a staple of the O.

Can't wait to see what the incentives are.

Frankly, I will never trust TA to return punts again. Ever. I'd hold my breath every damn time.

Punt returner: No.

TA as WR: no. (Every snap he plays is probably better spent on someone else).

But as a change of pace RB? Yes.

Looking forward to seeing the details of the new contract.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. Pretty tradable contract now if they choose that route.
I never hated the player, only the contract.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
doubtful. Some jet sweeps, his best play. Hopefully the Rams will figure a way to sneak him out of the backfield to catch a handful of passes, with a couple going for big yardage so teams will have to pay much more attention to him.

that's what i want. they never passed to him once on the jet sweep. please use him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't have the data, unfortunately. I do know while last year was worse than usual - he has averaged over 4 fumbles per year in his career. Steadily dropping the ball, for relatively few touches.

As I recall, he muffed at least 3 punts last year.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Eh, whatever. I trust McVay. Seems like a win-win to me.

Oh dang it, darn it and damn it!

This means @jrry32 is guaranteed to be keep his avatar the same for another year! ;)

572.jpg
giphy.gif

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
If nothing else Tavon has continued to prove that he's a "team first" player and a real professional. He's taken demotions/benchings without any gripes and now he's restructuring his contract so he can stay a Ram.

James Otto

Starter
Great move by the Rams here. Really no risk at all.

Tavon played all of 2017 with serious pain in his wrist. It clearly affected his ability to field punts.

If that wrist is better, I expect Tavon could be a little more than a gadget player in McVay's offense.

Hell, I hope he earns all the incentives - I'm sure that can only mean he is producing at a high level.