Burns Tagged

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When they made that offer of 2 1st's, Burns was coming off a much better season.
The draft picks in question (2024 & 2025 1st rounders) were also worth less being they are the same 2 first rounders that the Rams have to trade now

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If the Rams want Burns, they just need a big enough number. It’ll cost them 19, but that beats hell outta 2x 1sts and then the contract.
I've heard it discussed that it may only take a 2nd now. To me that is much more inline with what should be the compensation. Due wants a massive contract and was essentially pretty average last year. I could potentially be convinced to trade a 2nd for him, but, we are then investing a massive amount of cap to him when he wasn't very productive most recently.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I've heard it discussed that it may only take a 2nd now. To me that is much more inline with what should be the compensation. Due wants a massive contract and was essentially pretty average last year. I could potentially be convinced to trade a 2nd for him, but, we are then investing a massive amount of cap to him when he wasn't very productive most recently.

Dude, for a 2nd, I jump all over that… if Snead gets that done… whoa Nelly

dang

Legend
Dont agree with that. What other option is there? Let him just walk?
Burns gets 21 mill guaranteed, and with Evero as DC I could see him having a monster season and then enter 2025 as a 26 y/o UFA, or gets traded at the trade deadline.
Who knows, Carolina could have a Houston like turnaround and Burns could be the anchor of the D
Here’s my reasoning. Spotrac indicates Burns gets $24m with the tag. The Panthers have pretty low cap space of $13m. They don’t have ANY offensive weapons and were lowest scoring offense last year. Also they have a R1 QB who struggled mightily. So they keep Burns this year. He ain’t happy so he doesn’t want a new contract with them unless they pay him huge $$$. They still suck and next year it happens all over again. May not be sound but that is my reasoning.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I really think people on here overrate Burns. Is he good, sure I guess. Elite? I'd say decidedly no. Could he become Elite? Sure. I'm sorry, he is not elite and is nowhere near the value for 2 1st round picks AND a massive 25m+ contract. Burns had slightly more production then Young, at least in sacks (1 more). Young had more tackles and forced fumbles, so I'd say even.

Is Young Elite? Burns is overrated IMO and I'd rather just outright sign FA Hunter who is far closer to the Elite status (double the sacks of Burns) and won't cost us draft capital.

You keep saying that Burns had similar or now slightly more production than Young but completely ignore the circumstances. Sure, sacks and QB hits were similar (Although Burns doubled Young TFLs)

But Young was playing with Aaron Donald. He wasn't the focus of opposing offenses. Donald was with the Rams and Burns was in Carolina.

Young also had far more opportunities due to the Rams offense vs. the Panthers offense. The Rams defense faced 123 more passing attempts than the Panthers defense.

Hunter is a great pass rusher. But to be fair the Vikings defense faced closer to what the Rams faced in passing attempts and the Vikings may have blitzed more than any team in the league.

I think what people overrated are 1st round selections. We hear 1st round selection and say Oh No and disregard how high or low that selection may be in that round. The value is high near the top of the round. But typically, the players selected toward the bottom of the round are rated similarly than the players selected in the second round. Not only that, but a 2025 1st rounder traded today is typically viewed as valuable as a 2024 mid 2nd rounder.

Top 10 selections? I'd pass. But #19 or lower?

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here’s my reasoning. Spotrac indicates Burns gets $24m with the tag. The Panthers have pretty low cap space of $13m. They don’t have ANY offensive weapons and were lowest scoring offense last year. Also they have a R1 QB who struggled mightily. So they keep Burns this year. He ain’t happy so he doesn’t want a new contract with them unless they pay him huge $$$. They still suck and next year it happens all over again. May not be sound but that is my reasoning.
They can manage the cap easily, and the 13 mill of space INCLUDES a 24 mill cap hit for Burns.
They arent going to fix their offensive issues with cap space. They'll trade him, whether it be now or at the deadline. They'll get more value then by just letting him walk.