Bubba's LA sports Radio Rant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Fortunately there isn't much local sports here being a small market. But the basketball talk bores the hell out of me. I usually flip around the three sports channels to find whoever isn't talking basketball.
Same here if I have to listen about mutants I'd rather get the latest update on Godzilla vs. Mothra.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna suck worse if the chargers have a better year LA is a two NFL team city now

bnw

Pro Bowler
I miss listening to STL sports talk. They actually talked a lot of Rams. This LA crap, is just that, CRAP!

If i hear one more thing about Ball dominating SUMMER LEAGUE, I'll pull my hair out! It's ridiculous! :banghead:
I made a thread about this about a month ago. Nothings changed.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/something-better-than-710am.49898/#post-909631
I thought LA was so big and so inclusive and the Rams are all that.......that this couldn't happen. :baghead:

bnw

Pro Bowler
STL also doesnt have an NBA team compared to LA's 2 and only 1 mlb team to LA's 2. Obviously when theres less teams to talk about in the area you are going to get more coverage. And yes there may be something to talk about but itll be repetitive, unless they do daily segments of the players' daily lives or some crap. I think every fan would love to have new daily updates being discussed on the local radio but thats really just unrealistic to expect.
The difference is the LA stations don't give a shit about the Rams. We were told that wouldn't be the case upon moving to LA.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
STL also doesnt have an NBA team compared to LA's 2 and only 1 mlb team to LA's 2. Obviously when theres less teams to talk about in the area you are going to get more coverage. And yes there may be something to talk about but itll be repetitive, unless they do daily segments of the players' daily lives or some crap. I think every fan would love to have new daily updates being discussed on the local radio but thats really just unrealistic to expect.

I can say that I listen to 710 every morning and on the way home. You know, the station that's supposed to be the Rams Official sports talk. You know what they spend 90% of their time talking about. The Lakers, or NBA crap.
I dunno about you but I already wrote into 710 complaining they only talk NBA.

bnw

Pro Bowler
One of the reasons I was happy the rams moved back, was more coverage on my team. It's more than nothing, but not what I hoped for
It is much less coverage than it was in St. Louis. It is also more dismissive of the team than it ever was in St. Louis. Its as if the LA media is pissed that they now have more work to do.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can say that I listen to 710 every morning and on the way home. You know, the station that's supposed to be the Rams Official sports talk. You know what they spend 90% of their time talking about. The Lakers, or NBA crap.
I dunno about you but I already wrote into 710 complaining they only talk NBA.
I was blowing up twitter early on. I blasted their ignorant indifference about the team and was told by representatives : "Give us time to get to know the players."

They have had time, but just don't care.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I was blowing up twitter early on. I blasted their ignorant indifference about the team and was told by representatives : "Give us time to get to know the players."

They have had time, but just don't care.

That's a good idea. I'm gonna start blowing up their twitter.

My biggest gripe, is they have people on the station that hate the rams....They've come out and said it multiple times! Why would you have these guys on your flagship station talking trash on the team you're supposedly supporting lol. I just don't get it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna suck worse if the chargers have a better year LA is a two NFL team city now
If that happened, it would only be temporary. Those from LA could give a shyte about the Chargers, and it seems that only those from outside of LA keep predicting this, but why? The AFC fans are mostly Raiders fans still, and they will soon in be Vegas..Raiders fans WILL NEVER become Chargers fans, imo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a good idea. I'm gonna start blowing up their twitter.

My biggest gripe, is they have people on the station that hate the rams....They've come out and said it multiple times! Why would you have these guys on your flagship station talking trash on the team you're supposedly supporting lol. I just don't get it.
My hate would be tempered by a lot, if they had one show (3 hour block) that really loved/followed the Rams..I'd be a fat happy clam if they did that.....I won't hold my breath...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey Bubba...

At least you no longer have to listen to Bernie-The-Hut.

Rams football will fill those airwaves soon enough. Well, almost soon enough. End of August would be my guess.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
My hate would be tempered by a lot, if they had one show (3 hour block) that really loved/followed the Rams..I'd be a fat happy clam if they did that.....I won't hold my breath...

that's exactly what they need. Just a show dedicated to the Rams. Just like they do for the Lakers lol.
It's partially the reason why radio is dead. They talk about absolutely nothing of value.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Kyrie doesn't play with Durant.

And you have three stations. Two are ESPN affiliates, one is a FOX affiliate.

Yer gonna hafta learn to manage your expectations WAY down. That's just the truth.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey Bubba...

At least you no longer have to listen to Bernie-The-Hut.

Rams football will fill those airwaves soon enough. Well, almost soon enough. End of August would be my guess.
My God, I'm really going to say it...

A pre-relocation Bernie Miklasz is better than anything in LA right now. The old Fast Lane Show with DMarco and Randy Karraker seems like a dream now...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
haha CGI, you know it's true!

bnw

Pro Bowler
My God, I'm really going to say it...

A pre-relocation Bernie Miklasz is better than anything in LA right now. The old Fast Lane Show with DMarco and Randy Karraker seems like a dream now...
I agree. Plus you had Burwell, Slaten and others on other sports stations throughout the St. Louis area that talked and covered the Rams year round.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The fact is, they have shit for hosts on espn locally. I don't know what they are thinking with the morning show. Meshawn and Kermit the frog suck, and just when they start talking about something that interests me Kermit takes it off on some inane tangent. I fucking hate that guy. It already goes without saying I hate lazy ass meshone or meshawn or me'shyane. The afternoon hosts have talked nothing but lakers and basket ball for years, no mater who fills in.
I really like Farr when he comes on. It is the ONLY time they really talk Rams football, but even then the host morning or night take it to some inane bull shit. Thank god for Michael Connelly, John Sandford and Vince Flynn or my 2hrs of commute would really suck.

Ram65

Legend
Philadelphia blows your theory out of the water.
Eagles
Sixers
Flyers
Phillies

The Fanatic talks Eagles all year, and they are not even the Eagles official station.

Plus, this in the North East, the most compact population center in the nation...Pittsburgh, NY Sports, and Wash Dc Sports (including Baltimore) are fairly close by...

They love the Eagles here in Phila. It was interesting timing that the 76ers made the move up in the draft which gave the Eagles the temporary back seat for the past month or so. Even here they can only talk so much football. Training camp is here and it's front seat Eagles again. I think Connor Barwin is on in the AM tomorrow morning. If the 76ers and the Phillies are winning they get more attention. The young 76ers will get attention with the first round picks coming together later in the year. Football will always be #1 here in Phila.