Bubba's LA sports Radio Rant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
There are 3 sports talk stations here in LA. am570 Fox, am710 ESPN and am830 ESPN2. For the last several days I turn on the radio and go to each of these to try and catch football news with TC just days away. And all I can hear is endless drivel about the Cleveland Cav's soap opera and Basketball. :blah::blah::blah:

Kyree Irving doesn't want to play with Durant, :argue: So Phucking what. Its Cleveland.:giveup:

Every time I turn on the radio and all of these stations just go on and on and on about BB and Kyree this and Durant that :blah::blah::blah:.. No football.:dizzy: Its really getting old and pizzing me off

Is the NFL done? Is ther a concerted effort to end football and repcace it with endless BB (new summer league)?

Is this going on in other cities?

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's LA dude, ESPN understands there's a lot of transplants and the NBA is the biggest sport around here. It's annoying but that's why they do it. When the Dodgers string together some championships they'll be the talk of the town, same with the Rams. Be happy it isn't hockey, the LA Kings won two championships in 3 years and still didn't get talked about.

Gotta get satellite radio if you want good sports talk now days.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fortunately there isn't much local sports here being a small market. But the basketball talk bores the hell out of me. I usually flip around the three sports channels to find whoever isn't talking basketball.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same her OS, good luck with that. They're stuck on BB here in LA.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm disappointed @bubbaramfan... I opened this expecting to see a link where I could hear you ranting at them on the airwaves! :p

It's BS though I agree and particularly wrt the official Rams' radio station that rarely discusses the team in any fashion. Basically Stan needs to switch the Rams to another radio station or otherwise apply pressure for them to effing HIRE an ex-Rams player who loves the team and actually wants to discuss them. Their programming should include Rams-specific blocks at the least to ensure fans are going to tune in and from there feel compelled to call in and participate.

I don't care if it's LA. The problem isn't LA. The problem is the LA Rams' team leadership and business savvy or lack thereof.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've been flipping between the 3 since I post this 2 hrs ago and they all are still suck on BB, Kyree Irving vs Durant.

The only talking head who will give the Rams any time is Fred Rogin who coms on am570 at noon. And even he only gives the Rams 5 minutes and then it on to BB:sleepz::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Switch to Cowherd he just said Snead is coming up.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just googled "Colin Cowherd" and found his show. I counted 15 recent videos and ALL OF THEM ARE OF KYREE IRVING AND KEVIN DURANT! Not one on football. He's one of 'em!:deadhorse:

TY OS, for pointing me in the right direction to prove my point.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just googled "Colin Cowherd" and found his show. I counted 15 recent videos and ALL OF THEM ARE OF KYREE IRVING AND KEVIN DURANT! Not one on football. He's one of 'em!:deadhorse:

So you didn't listen to him interview in studio our GM?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
not really sure what you expect to happen. its the last month of the offseason vs the first month of the offseason. anything that can be said about the nfl thus far has already been said. until theres actual work being done on the field theres really nothing more for people to talk about in the NFL unless an injury, trade, or contract extension happens

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

You mean Lebron, but I understand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
not really sure what you expect to happen. its the last month of the offseason vs the first month of the offseason. anything that can be said about the nfl thus far has already been said. until theres actual work being done on the field theres really nothing more for people to talk about in the NFL unless an injury, trade, or contract extension happens

Eh I'll argue against that. There's always something to talk about. The guys in STL always talked Rams, even in the offseason.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The main response that I have heard trying to explain why we hear nothing Rams on LA radio..especially in the offseason, is that we don't have a winner in the Ram's.."Win, and they will cover you." I

don't buy it

On ESPNLA 710, they have few if any on-air people that even care about the Ram's. Some of those actively dislike the team and were pizzed when the Rams won the relocation battle. D'Marco seemed headed for the station, but for some reason that never worked out as far as I know. I can turn to iTunes and find big cities talking about their teams, even those that haven't won that much since 1960's (Eagles). At least one 3 hr show spends significant time talking Eagles & the NFL. They pick some topic and run with it, because they love the team. They are excited about the Sixers and the Flyers, but they always find time for the Eagles. The LA stations could give a cr@p about pro-football, and the only way this could possibly change is to have the Ram's purchase and run their own radio station where the they cover all sports, but primarily rely Rams coverage, year around. I don't think Kroenke cares enough to do that.

We are screwed.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Eh I'll argue against that. There's always something to talk about. The guys in STL always talked Rams, even in the offseason.

STL also doesnt have an NBA team compared to LA's 2 and only 1 mlb team to LA's 2. Obviously when theres less teams to talk about in the area you are going to get more coverage. And yes there may be something to talk about but itll be repetitive, unless they do daily segments of the players' daily lives or some shit. I think every fan would love to have new daily updates being discussed on the local radio but thats really just unrealistic to expect.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
STL also doesnt have an NBA team compared to LA's 2 and only 1 mlb team to LA's 2. Obviously when theres less teams to talk about in the area you are going to get more coverage. And yes there may be something to talk about but itll be repetitive, unless they do daily segments of the players' daily lives or some crap. I think every fan would love to have new daily updates being discussed on the local radio but thats really just unrealistic to expect.
Philadelphia blows your theory out of the water.
Eagles
Sixers
Flyers
Phillies

The Fanatic talks Eagles all year, and they are not even the Eagles official station.

Plus, this in the North East, the most compact population center in the nation...Pittsburgh, NY Sports, and Wash Dc Sports (including Baltimore) are fairly close by...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
STL also doesnt have an NBA team compared to LA's 2 and only 1 mlb team to LA's 2. Obviously when theres less teams to talk about in the area you are going to get more coverage. And yes there may be something to talk about but itll be repetitive, unless they do daily segments of the players' daily lives or some crap. I think every fan would love to have new daily updates being discussed on the local radio but thats really just unrealistic to expect.
Repetitive? Like talking Lakers basketball day after day after day. I've started listening to books on my ride to and from work. One of the reasons I was happy the rams moved back, was more coverage on my team. It's more than nothing, but not what I hoped for

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, basketball is such a shit sport. I'm always unfulfilled after watching a game.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
It may have a little to do with winning, but not a lot. The Dodgers have won their division multiple times in a row and currently have the best record in baseball, but all you hear is basketball. Cleveland and the Balls. It's sickening. Ball hasn't played in a seasonal game and I'm sick of him already. You would think that 710 would have something dedicated to the Rams since that's supposed to be their station. And you wouldn't even know the Chargers were here. I do have satellite radio, so I do listen to the NFL station in one car and the fantasy station in the other. One is XM and the other has Sirius. Their Select packages are different. I hope the Rams choose another station.