Bubba's LA sports Radio Rant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They love the Eagles here in Phila. It was interesting timing that the 76ers made the move up in the draft which gave the Eagles the temporary back seat for the past month or so. Even here they can only talk so much football. Training camp is here and it's front seat Eagles again. I think Connor Barwin is on in the AM tomorrow morning. If the 76ers and the Phillies are winning they get more attention. The young 76ers will get attention with the first round picks coming together later in the year. Football will always be #1 here in Phila.
I know Anthony Gargano cracks me up...I know more about Ben Simmons than I know about anyone on the Lakers (my former NBA team)...Yes, they are wacko crazy about the Iggles, which is endearing to me. I live in Kansas and often listen to Gargano's show in the morning, and they should be over the top with training camp! Something we can only dream of for the Rams....

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Philadelphia blows your theory out of the water.
Eagles
Sixers
Flyers
Phillies

The Fanatic talks Eagles all year, and they are not even the Eagles official station.

Plus, this in the North East, the most compact population center in the nation...Pittsburgh, NY Sports, and Wash Dc Sports (including Baltimore) are fairly close by...

is your argument for me being wrong really comparing philly teams to LA teams? Sixers have been in one of the biggest tank jobs ever, and while the Lakers havent been great recently either they are still one of the winning-est franchises in sports and one of the most popular. The phillies seem to be unintentionally trying to 1-up the sixers tank job, while the Dodgers are one of the best teams in the league. and I dont follow much hockey but im pretty sure the kings have won a few stanley cups recently while the flyers got one of the top picks in the draft.

Not saying the Eagles wouldnt be the most talked about team even if every philly team but the eagles were really good, but I can bet there wouldnt be nearly as much eagles talk as there is right now. Main reason being Eagles are the most popular team in philly, while the lakers are the most popular team in LA, which is why you get a lot of NBA talk, especially with there being actual games being played recently where as the NFL is on basically a month long break.

Repetitive? Like talking Lakers basketball day after day after day. I've started listening to books on my ride to and from work. One of the reasons I was happy the rams moved back, was more coverage on my team. It's more than nothing, but not what I hoped for

Lakers more popular than rams
Summer league just happened, and free agency/draft was about a month ago
NFL on month long break, and free agency/draft was 3+ months ago

I dont live in LA, but im sure in late august-november there are people like you that love the nba/lakers and could careless about nfl/rams and will be complaining all the radio stations are talking about is the rams/nfl

I can say that I listen to 710 every morning and on the way home. You know, the station that's supposed to be the Rams Official sports talk. You know what they spend 90% of their time talking about. The Lakers, or NBA crap.
I dunno about you but I already wrote into 710 complaining they only talk NBA.

Im just not sure what you expect them to talk about rams wise. Nothing new has happened since basically OTAs. anything that has been said was likely already said and it would be dumb to keep talking about the same thing over and over

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
is your argument for me being wrong really comparing philly teams to LA teams? Sixers have been in one of the biggest tank jobs ever, and while the Lakers havent been great recently either they are still one of the winning-est franchises in sports and one of the most popular. The phillies seem to be unintentionally trying to 1-up the sixers tank job, while the Dodgers are one of the best teams in the league. and I dont follow much hockey but im pretty sure the kings have won a few stanley cups recently while the flyers got one of the top picks in the draft.

Not saying the Eagles wouldnt be the most talked about team even if every philly team but the eagles were really good, but I can bet there wouldnt be nearly as much eagles talk as there is right now. Main reason being Eagles are the most popular team in philly, while the lakers are the most popular team in LA, which is why you get a lot of NBA talk, especially with there being actual games being played recently where as the NFL is on basically a month long break.

Lakers more popular than rams
Summer league just happened, and free agency/draft was about a month ago
NFL on month long break, and free agency/draft was 3+ months ago

I dont live in LA, but im sure in late august-november there are people like you that love the nba/lakers and could careless about nfl/rams and will be complaining all the radio stations are talking about is the rams/nfl

Im just not sure what you expect them to talk about rams wise. Nothing new has happened since basically OTAs. anything that has been said was likely already said and it would be dumb to keep talking about the same thing over and over

I am merely blowing up your St Louis-is-small-with-nothing-else-to-do-but-talk-Ram's, argument that you were making with bnw. Philly is not small, and they are high on the Sixers....Even so, they love the Eagles most of all, which is true. The point was that it is a major metropolitan area, within a megalopolis in the North East corridor....with many interests aside from sports, yet they talk about the Eagles as much as St Louis ever talked about the Rams. The Cardinals are the first love in the city, every bit as much or even more than Los Angeles loves the Lakers, yet the Rams station talked Rams through most of the year, because they loved the team. ESPNLA is shyte because they freakin hate the Rams (screw them).

Size of the city doesn't matter, love of the team does.

btw...I am speaking of the on-air personalities being shyte in LA, not the fans.