BTW: Screw Natural Grass...Give Me Field Turf!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's why they invented it because it's better.....Sorry Gentlemen, the field last night was abysmimal reminded me of Fedex Field in Washington, it was a mess....Now I understand they will keep the natural grass at the coliseum, but they should seriously consider going to field turf, it's better and safer for the athletes and the Astro Turf of days gone by are long gone....Field Turf is finding it's way to most High Schools as well as it's easy to maintain and saves on injuries as well...Glad ESK will be installing Field Turf in Inglewood.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That field was balls last night.

giphy.webp

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Field turf in the heat is a big problem @den natural grass when maintained properly is best. Turf will give you blisters my kid deals with it all summer now football is much easier on the feet than soccer being the game is shorter and you are on and off the field but it still is a problem. Turf increases the temperature on your feet 10 - 20 degrees. They try all kinds of things Aluminum foil wrapped under the insole to absorb heat etc...
The field sucked last night but the Eqpt guys should have gotten a handle on it sooner. They finally did but boy was TG running on a slip and slide for awhile

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
That turf was like throw rugs laid down on cement. Not anchored. Both teams were slipping and sliding. I'm surprised there weren't more injuries.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The turf in our new place will be top of the line, Stan isn't going to spare any expense there.

We'll have a true home field advantage (especially in the playoffs, last night was typical Los Angeles. Somewhat care in the regular season with lots of splits in fanbases, and almost all home fans loud and ready in the playoffs), and none of this field bullshit like last night.

Fucking SC changed the field after their last game, maybe they wait a few weeks next time, eh? Way to be.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The turf in our new place will be top of the line, Stan isn't going to spare any expense there.

We'll have a true home field advantage (especially in the playoffs, last night was typical Los Angeles. Somewhat care in the regular season with lots of splits in fanbases, and almost all home fans loud and ready in the playoffs), and none of this field bullcrap like last night.

freaking SC changed the field after their last game, maybe they wait a few weeks next time, eh? Way to be.

Agreed the best turf is the best turf it isn't about sparing expense the technology in the substrate ( underlayer as well as the blends keep getting better. The biggest thing is that it won't be sitting in the sun. Stadium is dug below ground with climate control.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Grass fields suck.

The model T was a great Ford, but I would rather drive something a little newer...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Both teams played on the same surface tho? Right den??:thinking:

I didn't start the thread for an excuse, was just shocked how bad it was for both teams. Never want to see any player get injured.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I didn't start the thread for an excuse, was just shocked how bad it was for both teams. Never want to see any player get injured.
It's been proven that players get injured more on artificial turf than natural grass.

It was a bad surface...the Coliseum has been a dump for years....the Rams should have opted to play their home games in the Rose Bowl....same crappy type stadium, but much better turf.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That turf was like throw rugs laid down on cement. Not anchored. Both teams were slipping and sliding. I'm surprised there weren't more injuries.
I thought Ryan was seriously hurt on the play where his right leg slipped back. Prerty cool to see Quinn check to see if he was alright.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Give me natural grass anytime. It's softer, less injuries from cleets digging in and it smells like football. (y)

JackKirbyFan

Rookie

We'll have a true home field advantage (especially in the playoffs, last night was typical Los Angeles. Somewhat care in the regular season with lots of splits in fanbases, and almost all home fans loud and ready in the playoffs), and none of this field bullcrap like last night.

freaking SC changed the field after their last game, maybe they wait a few weeks next time, eh? Way to be.
Theere were far more Ram fans at the game last night; easily 90% cheering for our Rams and perhaps 10% for the visiting Falcons. That according to Plasiche in his front-page article on the game. ("Fans show up but Rams don't).
If the Rams keep winning and putting together a great and entertaining product, fans will show up in big numbers. Why the club had such a poor record at home and a great road record is beyond me but I will say that will improve next year. Rams will make the playoffs next year and this time they will win.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Theere were far more Ram fans at the game last night; easily 90% cheering for our Rams and perhaps 10% for the visiting Falcons. That according to Plasiche in his front-page article on the game. ("Fans show up but Rams don't).
If the Rams keep winning and putting together a great and entertaining product, fans will show up in big numbers. Why the club had such a poor record at home and a great road record is beyond me but I will say that will improve next year. Rams will make the playoffs next year and this time they will win.

I'll never be surprised in large visiting fan base at an LA stadium for any regular season game. LA fans are typically willing to sell their tickets when the price is right, and visiting fans are typically willing to pay. Some are excited because it's the only time they can see their team play in person for years, others are traveling to LA and making it part of their vacation, it happens.

But come playoffs? That's when LA fans keep their tickets, and that's where the home field advantage will show. We keep having home playoff games, the "LA fans don't show up" line will go away quickly.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It was a shit field, but there is no problem with grass normally.

They put in new sod, and that always turns out for shit.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I posted earlier about preferring grass to turf for the new stadium, but after last night.... one of the worst fields I’ve seen...

Yeah, I’ve changed my mind, I’m ok with a high quality artificial turf for the new stadium, especially if there’s increased difficulty to maintain a decent grass field in LA.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's why they invented it because it's better.....Sorry Gentlemen, the field last night was abysmimal reminded me of Fedex Field in Washington, it was a mess....Now I understand they will keep the natural grass at the coliseum, but they should seriously consider going to field turf, it's better and safer for the athletes and the Astro Turf of days gone by are long gone....Field Turf is finding it's way to most High Schools as well as it's easy to maintain and saves on injuries as well...Glad ESK will be installing Field Turf in Inglewood.

I've made the same comparison to FedEx.

Field is hot garbage and it is only by the grace of God that no one had a ghastly injury on it.

I seriously thought when Ryan was being sacked that he was about to have a Theismann level leg injury. I visibly cringed and my kids both let out a huge OOOOOH!.

The ONLY thing I'm just plain disgusted with about this season was the quality of the field at the Coliseum.