Browns sent Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman home from Houston for missing curfew

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
After he had pulled his one and only thousand-yard season out of his rear end, ( yeah, I know, "contract year") I was so worried about our lack of receivers, (pre Kupp and pre Watkins) I actually wanted to keep Britt.

Which proves that even I can be wrong.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
But Britt was our #1 receiver last year, what a gaping hole he has left us on offense.
Haha.

Hey, look at me in the picture below.
I was just minding my own business and the Los Angeles Rams cheerleaders shouted, "Brian will you please take a picture with us?" I did it for them. The bible says we're supposed to be kind to others.

20170806_160700.jpg

Last edited:

jap

Legend
4 yrs and 32mil?

For Britt?

What were the Browns thinking?

Probably the same thing the Horns were thinking a decade ago when they signed some average Tennessee WR to a huge contract and watched him waste all their money.

jap

Legend
But Britt was our #1 receiver last year, what a hole in our offense he has left us.
Haha.

I was just minding my own business and the Los Angeles Rams cheerleaders shouted, "Brian will you please take a picture with us?" I did it for them. The bible says we're supposed to be kind to others.

View attachment 22263

So you're arguing that it is better to give than to receive? What a nice guy? I wonder what you got out of all this official Ewe attention? :ROFLMAO::mrburnsevil::wow:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I honestly believe Britt had a lot to do with Quicks failure.

You maybe on to something. Brian Quick's production was steadily increasing until he came about.

Have a feeling Tavon might have a small percentage of Britt in him that rubbed off.

tenor.gif

A Fisher player at his finest. Good riddance to having to cheer for players like that in the hopes they mature eventually.

Jeff Fisher is probably the only guy that can deal with Kenny Britt. It's like he's the regular teacher, but whenever there's a sub (i.e., another coach) dumbassness takes affect.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
"Let's think about subtracting anybody who we deemed unreliable." Sneads quote earlier this week. Obvious Britt was subtraction #1.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Some rumour out there that Britt is claiming ignorance of team rules. There's no way a 9 year vet doesn't know what an NFL team expects from their players.

Saw an interview from Britt, early in the season where the Cleveland media asked about the crucial drops he had been making.

As he answered, he couldn't stop smirking through the whole thing.

The guy has a IDGAF attitude, and that will never change.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yeah, in fairness to Britt I think he actually has a low IQ. I'm not sure he can help looking challenged.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Even if the following is true, it's still a bad idea for a player with a big contract who's been laying an egg all season to do this. SMH

31841412.jpg

******************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...required-injured-players-to-adhere-to-curfew/

Browns reportedly hadn’t required injured players to adhere to curfew
Posted by Mike Florio on October 21, 2017

Now that it’s known that the Browns sent receivers Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman home early last weekend for missing curfew in Houston, the apparent excuse for the violation given by Britt and Coleman is known, too.

Adam Schefter of ESPN, citing an unnamed source, reports that injured Browns players who wouldn’t have been active for the game previously weren’t required to adhere to the curfew.

But that makes little sense. Maybe the Browns hadn’t realized the players were missing curfew, or maybe they hadn’t enforced the rule strictly. The notion, however, that injured players who weren’t going to play the next day could go out and stay out as long as they want while their teammates are resting for the next day’s game is ludicrous, especially for the franchise that employed Johnny Manziel and Josh Gordon.

It’s possible that Britt and Coleman believed that there was no rule because others had violated it, or that they threw at the wall whatever they could once they were caught getting back to the team hotel more than two hours late. Regardless, the idea that the Browns had no road-game curfew for injured players suggests a level of incompetence of which not even the Browns are capable.

Then again, it is the Browns. No, I still don’t buy it, even coming from the Browns.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So glad that effin turd is gone. Browns look like morons bringin that dude in like they did as some sort of answer.

I like Hue, but he's set to fail, as I've been saying, with zero QB talent and poor offseason additions. That team is effin garbage from the ownership down and their tears are delicious.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Even if the following is true, it's still a bad idea for a player with a big contract who's been laying an egg all season to do this. SMH

31841412.jpg

It turns my stomach when guys like this, that are so richly blessed, exhibit such essentially thankless and arrogant behavior. If it wasn't for football, who knows what he'd be doing for a living let alone what he'd be doing with his life.

5dc.jpg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know of is there was a chance I was going to be drafted at number one and the browns had that pick I’d pull an Eli all day long

That franchise is a clusterfuck from top To bottom

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What exactly is the “danger” of getting cut by the Browns? Oh right, you are stuck with your guaranteed millions and getting a call from the Patriots who need a vet wr
Oh, the horrah

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After he had pulled his one and only thousand-yard season out of his rear end, ( yeah, I know, "contract year") I was so worried about our lack of receivers, (pre Kupp and pre Watkins) I actually wanted to keep Britt.

Which proves that even I can be wrong.

He is & was a cancer. Kenny is a fun loving guy , but doesn't fit on a winning team. The Rams are a WE First team .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/26/browns-kenny-britt-hates-playing-in-london/

Browns’ Kenny Britt hates playing in London
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 26, 2017

ap_17294846716730-e1509033896843.jpg

AP

The Browns are playing in London on Sunday, and receiver Kenny Britt isn’t happy about it.

Britt, who played in London with the Rams last year, didn’t enjoy that experience and isn’t looking forward to this week’s trip either.

“I hated London, hated it,” Britt said, via ESPN. “I hated it with a passion.”

Britt said there was “nothing” positive about the experience of playing overseas.

“I hated everything about it,” Britt said. “I hated the flight. I hated us being there so long. I hated the flight back. I hated the food. You can ask my wife the same thing, and she’ll give you the same answer.”

Plenty of NFL players have expressed the opinion that they don’t like the long trips and unfamiliar surroundings that come with a London game. But with the NFL seeming to have reached peak popularity in the United States, the owners are committed to making London the next market where the sport can grow. Players are going to keep playing in London, whether they like it or not.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
But Britt was our #1 receiver last year, what a gaping hole he has left us on offense.
Haha.

View attachment 22263

It warms my heart to see Good Samaritans like yourself sacrificing for the greater good ...

:ROFLMAO: