Browns botched trade for McCarron??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wonder how AJ McCarron feels.
"You mutha effers were gonna trade me to Cleveland????"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's be real, the NFL are being cunts about this. Let the trade go through. Both teams want it.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Of course they botched it!

bwahaha.gif

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Thought clock management issues were on the field related only. Evidently not.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Let's be real, the NFL are being cunts about this. Let the trade go through. Both teams want it.
This will be one of the few times I disagree with you Jerry. Yes the nfl is being a baby door about it however they should be a deadline is a deadline and should be enforced. Remember Elvis dumerville and the Broncos contract situation

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This will be one of the few times I disagree with you Jerry. Yes the nfl is being a baby door about it however they should be a deadline is a deadline and should be enforced. Remember Elvis dumerville and the Broncos contract situation

They got the trade in ahead of time. It was supposedly a paperwork snafu. And frankly, I think they handled that situation wrong too. If both sides want something, it's not hurting anyone to let it happen when they made a good faith effort to comply with the deadline.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Only in the aspect of need with Jimmy off the market there wasn't really any better options so the Brown's were forced to pay more.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Truth is The Rams should have drafted him instead of Mo Alexander. Way more value , plus a QB potential for future?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
They got the trade in ahead of time. It was supposedly a paperwork snafu. And frankly, I think they handled that situation wrong too. If both sides want something, it's not hurting anyone to let it happen when they made a good faith effort to comply with the deadline.

Again though here's past evidence of the nfl upholding the deadline on timing for contract snafus

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...into-botched-elvis-dumervil-broncos-deal/amp/

Now if they allow this trade to go through does Denver or dumerville have a right to sue the nfl for upholding the deadline in the past but not now?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless of what you think about the guy, Kaepernick is better than quite a few QBs that have started this year. He would certainly be an upgrade for the Browns.
Barking up the wrong tree. I think he’s better than some starters. He is easily better than what they have. And if they were willing to try RGIII he should have easily gotten a shot.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Go to page 2 for the articles from Jan through April. Read what written then. Can’t trust the internet either lol. Of course the Patriots are going to leak the Browns never offered more than a 2nd. Media manipulation 101 lol.

Dude NOBODY was offering much for him then and now.

Mary Kay Cabot

OK I was waiting for that lady to weigh in, like I said she knows.

So it seems bungled on both sides.

I agree they should but there has to be lines in the sand. And if both teams went over then no they can't let it go.

Mysterious isn't it LOL

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again though here's past evidence of the nfl upholding the deadline on timing for contract snafus

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...into-botched-elvis-dumervil-broncos-deal/amp/

Now if they allow this trade to go through does Denver or dumerville have a right to sue the nfl for upholding the deadline in the past but not now?

No, they don't have a right to sue. The NFL has the discretion to make those calls. And they would need to have a remedy for a lawsuit.

What's being reported now is that there was a paperwork snafu that prevented the NFL from getting both signatures in time (but they did get the trade in time). It's stupid to refuse to accept the trade on a technicality like that when it came down to a matter of minutes (at most). The NFL was dumb to do what it did in the Dumervil situation, and it's dumb to do what it's doing now. It doesn't benefit anyone.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I'm probably alone on this one, but I think he is actually. He has played respectable ball in the playoffs in Hue's system, can make the required throws, and has good leadership.

I'd trade for him before I'd trade for Garoppolo. Oh and btw this was the trade I figured they might make right after Hue went to Cleveland, since it made so much sense outside of them being division rivals.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Barking up the wrong tree. I think he’s better than some starters. He is easily better than what they have. And if they were willing to try RGIII he should have easily gotten a shot.

OK you two. I'll bite ..first... im not trying to be politically incorrect .please explain. ...I have an open mind.... I'll listen and consider your explanation .

So how is it that Blaine Gabbert's back up.....Colin Kaepernick is Better than some starting qbs in this league???? From what I remember he lost his starting job way before he started protesting.... then under chip Kelly ( a system everyone thought was perfect for Colin)he was unable to keep his job ahead of Gabbert after being given a 4 game tryout.....they eventually went back to Gabbert. And as of 2 weeks ago Gabbert was 3rd string on Arizona. .... ifI'm wrong...please inform... thanks

Go Rams....... ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK you two. I'll bite ..first... im not trying to be politically incorrect .please explain. ...I have an open mind.... I'll listen and consider your explanation .

So how is it that Blaine Gabbert's back up.....Colin Kaepernick is Better than some starting qbs in this league???? From what I remember he lost his starting job way before he started protesting.... then under chip Kelly ( a system everyone thought was perfect for Colin)he was unable to keep his job ahead of Gabbert after being given a 4 game tryout.....they eventually went back to Gabbert. And as of 2 weeks ago Gabbert was 3rd string on Arizona. .... ifI'm wrong...please inform... thanks

Go Rams....... ;)
He was 100x better than Gabbert last year. 90+ qb rating 16-4 td-int rate.
Teams don’t want to sign him because they don’t want backlash from fans. But if he wins fans will forget. Don’t want this to turn political so that’s all I’ll say about that.
I personally don’t think the league figured him out I think they tried to change him to a drop back passer which he is not.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
He was 100x better than Gabbert last year. 90+ qb rating 16-4 td-int rate.
Teams don’t want to sign him because they don’t want backlash from fans. But if he wins fans will forget. Don’t want this to turn political so that’s all I’ll say about that.
I personally don’t think the league figured him out I think they tried to change him to a drop back passer which he is not.

OK thanks.... ;)

Go Rams...... ;)