Brown, Robbins, and Bannan Released(add in Bartell and Hall)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
[flv][/flv]Both Softli and JT are reporting it

JT:
Rams release center Jason Brown, and defensive tackles Fred Robbins and Justin Bannan.

No surprises. This means we really really need DTs tho. We will probably make a subsequent run at Jason Jones IMO. All the draft DTs look a little better too.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Brown, Robbins, and Bannan Released

Just FYI the 3 moves clear 9.3 million in cap space.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Brown and Robbins don't shock me. Bannan I thought could at least rotate in, but I'm not horribly shocked by it.

Curious to see who else is given the axe though, it looks like its that time.

Closing time
Open all the doors and let you out into the world
Closing time
Turn all of the lights on over every boy and every girl
Closing time
One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer
Closing time
You don't have to go home but you can't stay here..

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I'm shocked that Bannan was released. That means that we're going to have to keep one of Scott or Gibson (which I'm not looking forward to).

With Brown's release, that means that it's time for a Mizzou player to step up. C'mon, Tim Barnes! We need you to be our center of the future!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Memento said:
I'm shocked that Bannan was released. That means that [hil]we're going to have to keep one of Scott or Gibson[/hil] (which I'm not looking forward to).

With Brown's release, that means that it's time for a Mizzou player to step up. C'mon, Tim Barnes! We need you to be our center of the future!
Well, maybe not. Sign Jason Jones, and draft a couple DT's to go with Cudjo.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

JT is now reporting that Bartell and Hall will be cut tomorrow as well

jthom1: The chopping block is still out at Rams Park; team plans to release CB Ron Bartell and DE James Hall on Tuesday.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: Brown, Robbins, and Bannan Released(add in Bartell and H

:cry:

House cleaning.

Well, I'm still not gonna remove my Fred Robbins signature. :fk:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

It sure seems to give us a glimpse of the free agent targets, and they have cleared some room for some serious players.

bluecoconuts

Legend

If Bartell goes (and doesn't restructure) then they must be ready to push hard for Finnegan.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

bluecoconuts said:
If Bartell goes (and doesn't restructure) then they must be ready to push hard for Finnegan.

With Bartell being cut, Finnegan would be about a 3 million net payroll addition to the CB position. We saved 6.25 million by cutting Bartell. Definitely doable.

We need half a roster tho. With all the guys that have been released or are FAs.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Add 2 more casualties:

Roto:
Rams waived WR Nick Miller and LB David Nixon.

Miller was facing a four-game suspension for reportedly violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, while Nixon notched just six tackles in eight games last season. Nixon should be able to latch on somewhere as a camp body, but Miller's looming suspension will chill his market.

Wont lose a wink of sleep over these two.

Lesson

Oh, really?

Disappointed to see Bartell gone. I like him and his release wasn't unexpected, but he's pretty much been here as long as SJ has through all of the losing.

Robbins and Brown don't shock me. Bannan does a little. Sad to see Hall released, but he was getting up there in age.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I said something along these lines several months back. Just put the word "team" in place of "town".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYaki2ZvhSE[/youtube]

I fully realize that many may not share this same thought process, so, I will say this - Don't agree with me then, that's your problem :sly:

I do, however, wish Good Luck to those who have been cut. Just don't plan on having big games if you're playing against us in the future.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Bartell's release was saddening, but not unsurprising when you consider his neck injury. They don't want to take a chance with that. Hall's was surprising, but that'll leave Quinn to take the reins as the starter and Sims to take a larger role as a sub. I know that X likes Miller, but Amendola's more than good enough for us, and the suspension hurts him. I'm not surprised with Nixon at all. I just hope that Chamberlain will be retained.

I wish nothing but the best for all of them.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Man, go fucking figure there goes my day... :amped:

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

I like the moves made today by the rams I expect more in the near future we simply don't have as much talent as other clubs it's not a total rebuild but a major facelift wouldn't hurt

superfan24

Starter

:boohoo: on Bartell and Hall really liked Bartell. Is there a chance they could restructure or are they just moving on? That would create a hole on the D. I thought Bartell could definitely come back strong next year. Oh well I guess I better get used to all the change.....

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

I'll put money on Claiborne being in horns next year... :| :x

edit: or i'm wrong and we use the money we got from cutting him for Finnegan but I don't think he's coming to the Lou.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Memento said:
Bartell's release was saddening, but not unsurprising when you consider his neck injury. They don't want to take a chance with that. Hall's was surprising, but that'll leave Quinn to take the reins as the starter and Sims to take a larger role as a sub. I know that X likes Miller, but Amendola's more than good enough for us, and the suspension hurts him. I'm not surprised with Nixon at all. I just hope that Chamberlain will be retained.

I truly think it has less to do with the neck injury and EVERYTHING to do with the cap hit. This regime has a vision and I think they will go balls out once free agency starts. WHO they are targeting IS the real question, IMO.

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
Memento said:

I truly think it has less to do with the neck injury and EVERYTHING to do with the cap hit. This regime has a vision and I think they will go balls out once free agency starts. WHO they are targeting IS the real question, IMO.

They couldn't extend him?

And they will find a FA CB who costs less?

If it's a rookie they still need another corner.