Britt VS Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Barring injury Watkins will have a better year...Rams will run the ball more often than th Bills, but I expect Britt again if healthy to have a very solid campaign for the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sold that Britt is a lock to even make the team.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't the real question Britt and Robinson or Watkins?
In the larger picture yes, however even though initially I included that comparison I decided prior to posting that such a comparison would derail what it was I was really asking. I think that the 1 on 1 for the 2014 season is just less convoluted.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Injuries can't be a part of this, if both are healthy( OMG would TD be suggesting Super Sammy COULD GET HURT?,yes boys and girls is possibull) anyway if both are healthy I expect Britt to have a better year maybe not statistically because Britt has a lot of talent around him MORE IMO than Watkins does ,so I expect Watkins to get more targets. I think we are going to be RB by committee AND WR by committee , but how good your "year is" IMO depends on if your team makes the playoffs which I think it'll be a cold day in way more than Buffalo if the Bills make the playoffs ,IMO they are deserving of being ranked 4th best in their division whereas we are not.
I truly think we breakout this year and Britt is one happy camper he came here no matter what his stats are.And come Dec. I think Sammy will be dreaming of South Carolina or praying it's the Bills moving to LA

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Britt is primed for his best year yet in the NFL because it's his last shot and he knows it. I think he easily makes the roster, especially since Bailey is out 4 weeks, and probably starts or at least splits time with Quick. If Britt stays healthy, I think he becomes an impact player with roughly 750 yards, 45 catches, 6 TDs. (Bold prediction!) Fisher believes in this dude so he is going to set him up for success.

That being said, I think Watkins has a similar year but slightly better. He was the best WR coming out of this draft and he is going to a team who is going to utilize him early and often. He probably has an off game for the first couple weeks but rises to the challenge. He probably won't be scoring often but he will get the most opportunities of any WR in that offense. My guess is 850 yards, 65 catches, 4 TDs.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm not sold that Britt is a lock to even make the team.
I'll take that bet, I know it's hard to rely on a guy that just saying his name you should not have high expectations. But with all this talk about how the fresh start is refreshing and he's taking this as a rookie year and starting over. The cherry on top though is, he's never really had an elite talent like Sam at QB, now that he knows he has someone just as good as him throwing the ball maybe he gives it 100% cuz I'm thinking he just lost his focus in Tenn after they ousted Fisher.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Barring injury Watkins will have a better year...Rams will run the ball more often than th Bills, but I expect Britt again if healthy to have a very solid campaign for the Rams.
So would you then say,if Watkins was on the Rams he'd probably have about the same year Britt will , cuz I think that's really the true measure.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So would you then say,if Watkins was on the Rams he'd probably have about the same year Britt will , cuz I think that's really the true measure.

I won't go on record because IMO Watkins can do so many other things especially on special teams although if he was on the Rams they would most llikely use him on kick offs only, however, my hope and Ram fans alike is that Britt becomes a true number one that IMO Watkins would have clearly been.

So now I guess I'm on the record.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If Britt lives up to his hype, and Watkins has growing pains, there's a chance it could be Britt.

But no one in the 1st round of this draft was drafted for 1st year results alone.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In the larger picture yes, however even though initially I included that comparison I decided prior to posting that such a comparison would derail what it was I was really asking. I think that the 1 on 1 for the 2014 season is just less convoluted.

Britt is in a better situation, I'll go with him.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Watkins is a stud and he will have the better year, I sure hope that Britt can at least have close to the same production though. we will be kicking ourselves for years for passing on Watkins.

lockdnram21

Legend
The way it looks now, probably Watkins.

Watkins = Fitzgerald
Britt = Boldin

actually Watkins has been called Boldin with speed. I think hes more like torrey smith, and thats who watkins compares him self to i think its spot on

Athos

Legend
Sammy. More chances for one. An easier defensive division for another.

If Britt outproduces Sammy, we'll be looking into signing Britt long term.

So hopefully outcome #2 happens.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
actually Watkins has been called Boldin with speed. I think hes more like torrey smith, and thats who watkins compares him self to i think its spot on
I wasn't comparing them to Fitz and Boldin. I was just saying, production-wise, that's how I see it shaking out. Fitz was always the receiving leader on the Cards, but Boldin wasn't that far behind and was still productive. I don't think Watkins can be compared to anyone until he catches his first 100 or so passes.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Britt is in a better situation, I'll go with him.

For team success I think Britt is in a better position.
For individual success, Watkins has the better crack at it.
Not going to be a lot of offensive shoot-outs in the NFCW, and probably not forced to go to the air against Oakland, MN, Tampa.