Britt VS Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This isn't a who will have a better career but instead who do you think will have the better 2014 season.
Is it likely that Britt outperfoms Watkins in the upcoming season?

Last edited:

MFaulk107

The Realness
I feel they'll be similar but Britt will have the edge. Being drafted into the NFL is a new start but so is going to a great team like the Rams.
Britt has the physical features and NFL experience AND Bradford. He best of outperform him!
Gonna be a great season boyz!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Britt stays healthy, probably Britt.

Being a rookie, in Buffalo, is a tough gig.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Watkins will have the better year.

I just browsed a Buffalo Bill forum. They are starry eyed over Sammy and believing they'll be in the playoffs for the first time in years because of the draft. I guess in that division anything is possible.

Great question! Sammy will be the focus out there, and Britt has a lot to prove here. Health permitting, the veteran Britt slightly over Watkins

upload_2014-6-12_6-34-28.jpeg

FRO

Legend
I just browsed a Buffalo Bill forum. They are starry eyed over Sammy and believing they'll be in the playoffs for the first time in years because of the draft. I guess in that division anything is possible.

Great question! Sammy will be the focus out there, and Britt has a lot to prove here. Health permitting, the veteran Britt slightly over Watkins

View attachment 2014
Britt had only 11 catches last year, a lot of drops, and hasn't been as explosive since the knee injury.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Sure, health permitting, I'd lean towards Britt. But I think they'll have pretty similar years.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Britt had only 11 catches last year, a lot of drops, and hasn't been as explosive since the knee injury.

Yeah, he had rough year. But now he's killing our DB's and doing Ozzie Smith impersonations playing softball.

So yeah, he's got that going for him. Which is nice

upload_2014-6-12_6-47-13.jpeg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The way it looks now, probably Watkins.

Watkins = Fitzgerald
Britt = Boldin

crazyhorns

Rookie

And Watkins has ZERO catches in the NFL. Rookie Wide outs usually do not perform at a high level. With that being said neither has Britt so it's a fair question and I'm with the majority I feel that Britt has the better year.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Interesting question.

Even though Watkins is a rookie and will probably have the usual rookie growing pains, they are probably going to stick him into the starting lineup whether he's ready or not. A team doesn't make the ridiculous trade the Bills made to acquire Watkins and not do everything in it's power to get him the ball as often as possible.

At the same time, they've also acquired the veteran Mike Williams and I'd think that Manuel would have developed some chemistry with Robert Woods.

Britt on the other hand may not even start and the Rams appear to be going with more of a committee approach.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting question.

Even though Watkins is a rookie and will probably have the usual rookie growing pains, they are probably going to stick him into the starting lineup whether he's ready or not. A team doesn't make the ridiculous trade the Bills made to acquire Watkins and not do everything in it's power to get him the ball as often as possible.

At the same time, they've also acquired the veteran Mike Williams and I'd think that Manuel would have developed some chemistry with Robert Woods.

Britt on the other hand may not even start and the Rams appear to be going with more of a committee approach.

Good points.

Watkins is all but assured of starting, whereas Britt will have to earn it.

Consider the offenses too...

Rams look to be less of a passing attack this year.

Not sure what BUF will do.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Watkins easily.

If Britt racks up 800 yards it will be a pleasant surprise.

If Watkins racks up 800 yards it will be expected.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Isn't the real question Britt and Robinson or Watkins?

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think it depends on how well their respective QB's play. Talent won't matter if the ball isn't coming your way right?

And Watkins has ZERO catches in the NFL. Rookie Wide outs usually do not perform at a high level. With that being said neither has Britt so it's a fair question and I'm with the majority I feel that Britt has the better year.

On average the last 5 WRs drafted in the top 5 have had more receiving yards in their rookie year than Britt's best year. Britt's best year he had more TDs than any of the 5's rookie season. So it depends how you value each.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Watkins will have a better year. I know Watkins is a rookie. Britt caught 11 passes last year. Britt will have to quadruple his production to even get close to Watkins this year.