Brian Schottenheimer has got to go...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
ahead and do the best job he can with the players available to him, and we should all give him our total support.

I_see_what_you_did_there_8bits_by_NoPLo.jpg

tahoe

Pro Bowler
How great would it be to have Norv Turner instead of Shotty right now...

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
He's done nothing to earn our support. He said he wouldn't change the playbook now that Bradford is hurt. Well, that playbook looked totally inept vs a non-elite Vikings defense.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
... Use the guest bathroom while the plumbers are in his house

Big Game

Living The Dream
Hmmm i don't know if i can continue to support an offense that can't move the ball. He is paid come up with a game plan each week that can score us points.

In week one his game plan got of 6 actually points and a total of 9 if it wasn't for a missed field goal.

If all he can come up with is a game plan that nets field goals then its time to move on.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
He's done nothing to earn our support. He said he wouldn't change the playbook now that Bradford is hurt. Well, that playbook looked totally inept vs a non-elite Vikings defense.
except they moved the ball just fine. The eight offensive penalties did more to derail the drives than the play calling. Just not many 3rd and 20 plays in ANY playbook.

At what point do we start putting the onus on the players lack of execution? And not on the play calling. Every single play in the playbook should work IF it is properly executed. Now we all know there are some that are geared for specific downs and distance, but at some point the spotlight needs to be shined on the players for the continued lack of execution and continued breakdowns.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Threads like this prove that some people only read the titles of these posts. He was obviously being facetious, yet people took it seriously because they don't read.

Maybe I'm just grumpy because I actually believe that Schotty is a good coordinator who was trying to do his best with a 3rd string QB. How do we know that those sacks Austin took werent going to be big plays with Bradford or even Hill in there?

The Tavon Austin runs, I thought, were a good change of pace. Nobody would have complained if he ripped off 20 yard gains. He can't make the Oline block.

If you honestly think shoving a different coordinator in that booth will all of sudden make our offense score 20 more points a game, I'm afraid you don't know what your looking at. The team needs to execute, plain and simple. When we did that last year, Schotty looked like a freaking genius.

I apologize for the rant, but using the coordinator as a scape goat is just plain lazy. The players are the ones on the field. Do your damn job, and you will win games.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
except they moved the ball just fine. The eight offensive penalties did more to derail the drives than the play calling. Just not many 3rd and 20 plays in ANY playbook.

At what point do we start putting the onus on the players lack of execution? And not on the play calling. Every single play in the playbook should work IF it is properly executed. Now we all know there are some that are geared for specific downs and distance, but at some point the spotlight needs to be shined on the players for the continued lack of execution and continued breakdowns.
There was also some stupid penalty calls by the refs. Just sayin'. Lots of breakdowns all around. Chris Long should mail Hochuli a turd in a box.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
There was also some stupid penalty calls by the refs. Just sayin'. Lots of breakdowns all around. Chris Long should mail Hochuli a turd in a box.
I counted 4 in the first half alone when rewatching the game last night. And, they were the drive killing, momentum shifting type, i.e. the strip sack by Quinn that was called an incomplete pass. Didn't make it to the 2nd half yet, got upset/drunk again and had to stop at halftime. :(

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He started to call up good and surprising plays by the end of last season. The double reverse, counter reverse, were both steps in the right direction. I don't remember the play Tavon got injured in, but it was a reverse or sweep, and it was effective. He was starting to use Tavon in a way that fits his skill set. Our wrs have speed, use it wisely. Running Tavon out of the backfield on dive plays is not wise. He tried using Givens on a reverse, but he looked very slow all game. I'm just disapointed, when Schotty mentioned adding a few new wrinkles to the scheme, I didn't think he he meant older and slower.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
He started to call up good and surprising plays by the end of last season. The double reverse, counter reverse, were both steps in the right direction. I don't remember the play Tavon got injured in, but it was a reverse or sweep, and it was effective. He was starting to use Tavon in a way that fits his skill set. Our wrs have speed, use it wisely. Running Tavon out of the backfield on dive plays is not wise. He tried using Givens on a reverse, but he looked very slow all game. I'm just disapointed, when Schotty mentioned adding a few new wrinkles to the scheme, I didn't think he he meant older and slower.
So you think the answer is gimmick plays? Double reverses, flea flickers? How about they just block the right guy for a change? or throw it to the right guy? or see the blitz coming and get rid of the ball?

I have no problem with trick plays, but they only work if they are used sparingly. But they have a certain risk vs. reward element to them, and frankly, with a 3rd string QB, who is only still employed because of the injury to Bradford, I don't think it was worth the risk.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

AVERAGE 3rd DOWN YARDAGE WAS 13!!!!!

I think this stat shows perfectly why our drives failed. Those penalties really killed any chance we had in this game. I'm not a big fan of Schotty, and do want someone else, but he wasn't the reason why we lost.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's not much point to blasting Brian at this point.
He's the OC and that won't change this season, probably next season either.

PhxRam

It was a joke fellas.

I play this song for my 22 mo old daughter but it seems to work here as well.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was a joke fellas.

I play this song for my 22 mo old daughter but it seems to work here as well.

Hey, my daughter liked that one as well.

It just goes to prove what I've always said, toddlers love Common.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
So you think the answer is gimmick plays? Double reverses, flea flickers? How about they just block the right guy for a change? or throw it to the right guy? or see the blitz coming and get rid of the ball?

I have no problem with trick plays, but they only work if they are used sparingly. But they have a certain risk vs. reward element to them, and frankly, with a 3rd string QB, who is only still employed because of the injury to Bradford, I don't think it was worth the risk.
I never once said it was the answer. Clearly this offense is lacking fundamentals, that is painfully obvious to anyone who watched the game. Our oline could barely block a 3 step drop let alone a flea flicker, and even then the qb would do squat with it. When was the last time our offense tried a flea flicker? If we are going to use a player like Tavon I would like to see it done right. We tried running Tavon out of the backfield 3-4 times didn't work, ran a reverse with Givens, didn't work. If we are going to use trick plays, which we clearly are, lets go back to film and see what worked, not running the same play two times in a row hoping the d will be surprised. I have faith that Schotty can use this offense effectively, but he definitely did not last week, and it all starts up front.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't forget that Vilings D has a couple of X Williams assistants coaching their!!

beej

Rookie

You always bring up points I don't necessarily think about. I appreciate that. I keep going back and forth on schotty. But one thing that I can't get out of my head, when you see teams that block well, few penalties, people know their assignments, what's the first thing every body says.
"They are a well coached team."
What does that mean for us that we are not well coached? That may be over simplifying but i do think about that alot