Brady: Super Bowl XLIX victory 'absolutely not' tainted

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...uper-bowl-xlix-victory-absolutely-not-tainted

Brady: Super Bowl XLIX victory 'absolutely not' tainted

0ap1000000222748.jpg

By Chris Wesseling
Around the NFL Writer
Published: May 7, 2015 at 08:46 p.m.
Updated: May 8, 2015 at 11:47 a.m.

Speaking at an event at Salem State on Thursday evening, Tom Brady assured the Massachusetts faithful that the New England Patriots' Super Bowl XLIX victory was "absolutely not" tainted in the wake of the Wells Report released this week.

Asked by reporter Jim Gray if the controversy over the footballs used in the AFC Championship Game has detracted from his joy of winning the Super Bowl, Brady offered the same answer, "Absolutely not."

"Because we earned and achieved everything that we got this year as a team," Brady continued. "I'm proud of that and the fans should be, too."

Brady entered the stage to a rousing ovation from Patriots fans in audience.

Gray began the event by asking Brady's reaction to the Wells Report.

"I don't have really any reaction, Jim," Brady responded. "Our owner commented on it yesterday. And it's only been 30 hours, so I haven't had much time to digest it fully. But when I do, I'll be sure to let you know how I feel about it."

Gray then asked Brady when he expects to address the issue publicly.

"Hopefully soon. Hopefully soon," Brady replied. "There's still a process that's going forth right now. Whenever it happens, it happens. I'll certainly want to be very comfortable in how I feel about the statement that I make."

Queried further by Gray, Brady reasoned that he has dealt with a lot of issues in the past.

"I dealt with this three months ago (leading up to the Super Bowl)," Brady said. "I've dealt with a lot of adversity over the course of my career and my life. ... In life, so much is about ups and downs. And certainly I accept my role as a public figure and I think a lot of it, you take the good with the bad. And dealing with different adversities in life, you just try to do the best you can do."

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To me, Brady looked guilty as sin, when asked, at Salem, what he thought of the "Wells Report", and he evaded the issue saying "... I haven't had a chance to really go over it, but I'll comment after I do..."
" I call this BS!!":ROFLMAO:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
at Salem lol. except this witch hunt is for real. that cocksucker should go into politics he'd fit right in.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
at Salem lol. except this witch hunt is for real. that puking flesh weasel should go into politics he'd fit right in.
very nice catch. I missed that one. My gut tells me that had to be planned.

Poor kid, he has no idea what's coming. The fame wasn't worth the downside he's going to have to live through. On the other hand, he has no one else to blame about the deal with the devil he made.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
at Salem lol. except this witch hunt is for real. that puking flesh weasel should go into politics he'd fit right in.
It's politics or Movie's after football for Brady, bet on it!

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
That part about people hating him is bogus. His fans greatly outnumbered his detractors... till about now because us detractors are being validated due to Tom and Bill continually finding a way to cheat. People are starting to believe what lots of us have known for over a decade now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Super Bowl victory not tainted" says person who smeared his taint all over it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The SuperBowl isn't tainted by Deflategate. The entire Seaon is!

In fact the last 7 seasons are because that is when the fumbling dropped to absurdly low levels. So that is likely when the balls were first being deflated.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I watched that "interview" live and Brady looked as uncomfortable as I have ever seen him. No doubt in my mind that he is involved and guilty. And while I don't really see the air pressure itself being that big of a deal, it's the fact that he was circumventing a RULE and LIED about it. So ... he must be punished as such.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
To me, Brady looked guilty as sin, when asked, at Salem, what he thought of the "Wells Report", and he evaded the issue saying "... I haven't had a chance to really go over it, but I'll comment after I do..."
" I call this BS!!":ROFLMAO:
Bradys' face was quite flush. He didn't look very confident with what he was saying.
The truth easy to remember. Which explains why Brady and Bill can't remember shit.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

In fact the last 7 seasons are because that is when the fumbling dropped to absurdly low levels. So that is likely when the balls were first being deflated.
Exactly.

This started because Ernie Adams found a correlation between football air pressure and fumbles. Then Brady found he could throw the ball better in bad weather, so he used the deflation technique as well.

But the bigger story of cheating won't come out, namely, that this was a long term data driven strategy where Brady recruited Peyton to change the NFL rules so that they could manage their own balls.

That organization is so rotten I can smell the stench form the West coast.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I watched that "interview" live and Brady looked as uncomfortable as I have ever seen him. No doubt in my mind that he is involved and guilty. And while I don't really see the air pressure itself being that big of a deal, it's the fact that he was circumventing a RULE and LIED about it. So ... he must be punished as such.
I agree,
If he had just come out with the truth in the beginning, this whole thing would have long been history.
The fact that Brady and Bill have been lying about this mess, has just extended their time in under the lights.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Absolutely.
I forgot about this.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I agree,
If he had just come out with the truth in the beginning, this whole thing would have long been history.
The fact that Brady and Bill have been lying about this mess, has just extended their time in under the lights.
And .... it also brings back the "more likely than not" ... they WERE cheating in past "overlooked" offenses ;)

rams2050

Starter
And while I don't really see the air pressure itself being that big of a deal,

All I have to say about this is that if it weren't 'that big of a deal,' then why does the NFL specify what a game ball's air pressure must be?

Plus, several 'talking heads' have been filmed throwing balls of various pressures to people picked off the street. Almost every one of them was better able to catch and to grip the balls which had been deflated to Patriots' levels. That has to tell you something, I would think.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Brady said. "I've dealt with a lot of adversity over the course of my career and my life. ... In life, so much is about ups and downs.
Adversity?! What the hell does he know about adversity? From the Tuck rule to the non-Intentional Grounding in SB36, he's been spoon fed Championships all through his early career.

Adversity. smh

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
This superbowl "victory" is no more tainted than their other "wins". When the league gave them their first championship after 9/11, by allowing them to cheat, it created a monster.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This superbowl "victory" is no more tainted than their other "wins". When the league gave them their first championship after 9/11, by allowing them to cheat, it created a monster.
You know, there's the reason right there... the reason why Goodhell can't give the Patriots too much of a penalty. For if he did, then they'd just out him in his complicity on SB36.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Unfortunately Tom, your word on any subject means nothing. Your a liar and a cheat. That's your legacy not the SB wins.

PS. Your wife has a man face.