Bradford's legacy: play design?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The more interesting thing I read that Bradford said was, "Everything goes through the quarterback."
He said that like he was finally getting control of the situation. Though, like you, I could be reading too much into that.

Well, he will be playing in Kelly's system and Kelly is a control freak so it will all go through Qb on the field......under the watchful tutelage of the head coach.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
schotty is a fucking moron and should've never been allowed to coach in the NFL. If Cignetti works out and Fisher sticks with Bradfords philosophy of being QB friendly and keeping it simple and our offense does well then thank you Sam for finally installing a working offense before you left and good luck in Philly buddy :cheers:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think you are, because every O is "everything goes through the QB".
Which is why I thought it peculiar he would say it. Unless of course it was never the case before now. Think about it. Two defensive-minded coaches whose philosophies are/were to control the pace of the game by running the ball and playing strong defense. It's been rumored for a long, long time that these two head coaches were way too involved in the offense. Who's to say that now Bradford is in a system where the philosophy is to give the QB command of the offense without interference?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Honestly, I'm just glad that fear of him tearing his knee is gone. I think I died hard 3-5 times last year. Preseason, KC, MINN, DAL, and SD. Oh, ARZ too. But nothing hurt more than CLE... but SD hurt like Heck too.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Which is why I thought it peculiar he would say it. Unless of course it was never the case before now. Think about it. Two defensive-minded coaches whose philosophies are/were to control the pace of the game by running the ball and playing strong defense. It's been rumored for a long, long time that these two head coaches were way too involved in the offense. Who's to say that now Bradford is in a system where the philosophy is to give the QB command of the offense without interference?

That may be the case and maybe he is saying that he will be in control of what happens, I dunno. Is there room for that in the system Kelly runs? I pay no attention to college ball so I can't answer.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think about it. Two defensive-minded coaches whose philosophies are/were to control the pace of the game by running the ball and playing strong defense. It's been rumored for a long, long time that these two head coaches were way too involved in the offense.

And this is my concern regarding the 2015 offense... with or without Foles.

Questions for ya:
1] Do you believe Fisher is going to reduce his level of involvement in the offense this year?
2] Do you believe Cignetti would challenge Fisher if the two disagree on the direction of the offesne or play calling?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And this is my concern regarding the 2015 offense... with or without Foles.

Questions for ya:
1] Do you believe Fisher is going to reduce his level of involvement in the offense this year?
2] Do you believe Cignetti would challenge Fisher if the two disagree on the direction of the offesne or play calling?
Honestly?

No and No.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly?

No and No.
A follow up, Senator, if I may? :)

What are your expectatons for the Rams offense in 2015?

Would you say they:
1] Improve by 25% (points scored) - that would put them at scoring ~25 points per game average
2] Improve by 10%
3] Stay the same (20 PPG)
4] Worsen (by how much?)

Thanks!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well that's a good point. Remember Cigs did let it slip that he felt Schotty was too much into his chili bowl when he said he'd let the QB coach do his job (paraphrasing again here obviously). Not trying to light Schotty on fire here, either. I have never had faith in the guy that you and some others do, but even with the Rams' tight-lipped tendency to tow the party line I think we're seeing some hints on what the perceived problems were from the interior along with how they might be looking ahead.
Very interesting thought! It makes one stop and think!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Would you say they:
1] Improve by 25% (points scored) - that would put them at scoring ~25 points per game average
2] Improve by 10%
4] Worsen (by how much?)

Thanks!
I would like to take a stab at answering this^! The answer, without a doubt is #1!!!! Bet on it, I will!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Would you say they:
2] Improve by 10%
4] Worsen (by how much?)

Thanks!
I think they'll score about 22-25 points per game, but the defense will tighten up significantly - going from 16th in the league in points allowed to top 10.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Would you say they:
2] Improve by 10%
4] Worsen (by how much?)

Thanks!

seriously if foles plays the whole season and it isn't [1] then something has gone very, very wrong.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I get what your saying about Bradford and how the offense was run. To some extent he was right. But as much as i hated Shotty's offense, there where times during games that Bradford did not find or make the right read and "guys were wide open"

At the end of the day I just hope the coaches realize that only a "balanced offense" will put up points. Yes we need to be able to run the ball but you must also threaten and have a downfield threat as well.

We will see how Cigs approaches the offense. The Rams cannot continue to waste the talent at WR that we have.

Only time will tell.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they'll score about 22-25 points per game, but the defense will tighten up significantly - going from 16th in the league in points allowed to top 10.
Thanks.... I think you know where I was going with that... so, we sit back and watch now...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

So you're picking option 1? I knew you'd come around!! :LOL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks.... I think you know where I was going with that... so, we sit back and watch now...
I just don't know if this leopard changes his spots. In 20 years as a HC, he's had a top 10 passing offense (yards) four times.
In that same 20 years, he's had a top 10 rushing offense (yards) ten times. Twelve if you count his time with Buddy Ryan.
Hopefully he'll give Cignetti some rope and let him do his thing, but I don't know what kind of OC Cignetti is yet.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't know if this leopard changes his spots. In 20 years as a HC, he's had a top 10 passing offense (yards) four times.
In that same 20 years, he's had a top 10 rushing offense (yards) ten times. Twelve if you count his time with Buddy Ryan.
Hopefully he'll give Cignetti some rope and let him do his thing, but I don't know what kind of OC Cignetti is yet.
Yup... that's where I am.

Fisher is going to have to show me he is willing to make some changes (in himself).

If he keeps doing the same things he's always done, I'm not looking for a big improvement on offense.

But, like you, that defense ought to be something special... and I fully expect it to be special day one.

If they want to have any chance of success this year, that has to happen, IMO.