BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
So what did he say?
“Throughout his five years with the Rams, Sam has been a consummate professional. We thank Sam for his dedication to our team and community and wish him and his family the best moving forward.” - Stan Kroenke on Bradford trade

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
“Throughout his five years with the Rams, Sam has been a consummate professional. We thank Sam for his dedication to our team and community and wish him and his family the best moving forward. See you all in L.A. next season." - Stan Kroenke on Bradford trade

FIFY

RamBill

Legend
Rams finalize Bradford trade to Philly
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_ca028d5c-1afb-5fdd-b24e-235fe7601f8f.html

With the trade terms finally cemented early Tuesday afternoon, quarterback Sam Bradford's star-crossed five-year tenure in St. Louis came to an end.

After months of saying how much Bradford meant to the program going forward, the team reversed field and traded the former No. 1 overall pick to Philadelphia.

In exchange for Foles, the Eagles get Bradford and a fifth-round pick in this year's draft. Besides Foles, the Rams get a fourth-rounder in 2015 and a second-rounder in 2016.

There are also a couple of potential conditional picks, depending on Bradford's health and playing time this coming season. If Bradford plays less than 50 percent of the snaps next season for the Eagles, the Rams must send a fourth-round pick to Philadelphia in 2016. If Bradford misses the entire 2015 season, the Eagles get a third-rounder in '16.

Fisher, who has twice denied in the past couple of months that the Rams were interested in trading for Foles, issued a statement on the trade:

"Sam was a leader on our team, in the locker room and on the field," Fisher said. "He was a great teammate who was dealt some adversity but handled it all with grace and dignity.

"He represented himself as well as the organization in a first-class manner. I wish him nothing but the best throughout his career."

And that was just the headliner in a hectic first day o agency. The Rams lost QB Shaun Hill to Minnesota, and closed in on a deal to retain tight end Lance Kendricks.

There also were reports that the team was trading a seventh-round pick in 2016 for Houston quarterback Case Keenum, who was with the Rams for part of the '14 season.

But back to Bradford. Dating back to late January when the Foles trade rumors originally surfaced, Rams officials have consistently denied that there was anything to them. As recently as Monday afternoon, Fisher told the Post-Dispatch once again that there was nothing to the Foles rumors.

That obviously didn't turn out to be the case.

With the trade finalized, the Rams will save just under $13 million in base salary, which Bradford was scheduled to receive this year.

Foles is due to make $1.522 million in 2015, which is the last year of his original rookie contract

In Minnesota, Hill agreed to a two-year, $6.5 million contract with Minnesota. Incentives can bump the overall value up to $7.5 million.

The Rams had shown strong interest in retaining Hill, and the feeling was mutual on Hill's part. But Hill opted instead for the Vikings

Bradford, 27, missed the Rams' last 25 regular-season games because of two knee operations.

Because of injuries, Bradford started only 49 of a possible 80 games during his five seasons with the Rams. His final year of college ball at Oklahoma also was wrecked by a shoulder injury.

Foles, 26, appeared in 28 games with 24 starts for the Eagles over the past three seasons. He opened the 2014 season as the starter and led the Eagles to a 5-2 record, including a 34-28 victory over the Rams. Foles started the eighth game but suffered a collarbone injury that shelved him for the remainder of the season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So what did he say?
missourism.jpg

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
There is no accounting for stupidity.

He was always going to be in demand because teams are so desperate for a talented QB - and that's what he is. So they're willing to take a BIG gamble on his health? Gutsy - but we got a good deal.

What did Kroenke say REALLY....??

And goodbye RFIP. I know we didn't see you around here too much lately what with you rehabbing your knee again - but you were a class act for the Rams when healthy, and an entertaining poster on this board. I hope you drop in time to time and say hi. I'll be watching some Philly games this year if I've got nothing better to do to see how you roll.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But he said there was multiple teams going after him, if it was just one, then maybe.

Bradford is a very talented QB when healthy, but he has had some serious injuries going back to Oklahoma he is a bigger risk than Carson Palmer was. I am happy not to be on pins and needles every time I watch the guy get sacked or stumble and fall. I seriously hope he plays over 50% of the snaps in Philly next year though. Heck, even if he wins the Superbowl I will be happy for the guy but I have my doubts he will.

RamBill

Legend
Who is Getting the Better QB in Bradford-Foles Trade? SI.com
Sports Illustrated’s Andrew Perloff, Chris Burke, and Doug Farrar discuss the Sam Bradford and Nick Foles trade between the St. Louis Rams and Philadelphia Eagles and who will benefit the most from the trade.

Watch the Foles-Bradford Debate

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12456228&src=desktop&rand=ref~{"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F"%7D

According to this, we get 4th this year and second next year. Also, how is Sam the better QB again? Seriously... how?? More and more happy about this trade....

I am not sure why people are thinking we get a 4th this year, like it's an extra pick. We are giving up our 5th round pick in exchange, so all we are is moving up ; we're not getting extra picks .

And, with the surrending of the 7th rnd for Keenum, the Rams have 4 picks total (excluding compensatory picks to be determined at a later date).

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I am not sure why people are thinking we get a 4th this year, like it's an extra pick. We are giving up our 5th round pick in exchange, so all we are is moving up ; we're not getting extra picks .

And, with the surrending of the 7th rnd for Keenum, the Rams have 4 picks total (excluding compensatory picks to be determined at a later date).

The 7th for Keenum is from the 2016 Draft. We also don't know if the Rams get any Comp picks this year. A 7th for Keenum is no biggie, they might miss out on the next Mitchell Van Dyk or Aaron Brown.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
My take is that come 2016, they weren't going to sign him anyway. If they had stuck with Bradford and he played poorly or got injured again, we'd be starting over, just a year later. If he had played well, we still wouldn't be able to afford him with so many other players to keep, and one player doesn't make a team.

At least this way we have a potential future starter, as I believe Folds may excel with us given andecent offensive line, but next year our first round pick goes to a QB, while this year we continue to fill holes elsewhere. We get something instead of nothing for him in 2016. This is a win/win for both teams.

I wish Bradford the best in Philadelphia. I always liked him as a QB, just didn't like his contract or injuries that cost us so bad.