Bradford Throws In Front of 40,000-Preseason Grade A

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/08/sam_bradford_tim_tebow_report_card.html#incart_most-read_traffic_article
By Eliot Shorr-Parks | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Follow on Twitter
on August 09, 2015 at 3:20 PM
PHILADELPHIA -- The Eagles' quarterbacks are on fire.

After a slow start to training camp, the team's quarterbacks have been lights-out the past few days, and that continued on Sunday when the team moved practice from the NovaCare Complex to Lincoln Financial Field in front of 40,000 fans.

So who shined the brightest?

Here is a look at how each quarterback did, with a grade and stats.

Sam Bradford:
Saturday's Reps: 33 reps (all with first team)

Saturday's Stats: 15/22, 3 TD, 1 INT

Overall Stats: 188 reps (14 with second team), 111/144, 11 TD, 2 INT

Analysis: Bradford put on a show Sunday for 40,000-plus Eagles fans who showed up to Lincoln Financial Field.

The quarterback started the day with five straight completions, and it would have been eight straight with a touchdown if both tight end Zach Ertz and receiver Josh Huff didn't drop two of his passes that were on the money.

Even Bradford's interception, his second of training camp, wasn't his fault, as it bounced off the hand of his receiver and into the arms of an Eagles' defender.

Bradford saved his best for last, taking the first-team offense 80 yards down the field for a touchdown. Bradford went 6/6 on the drive, including a short pass to Riley Cooper for the touchdown.

Whether Bradford will be as effective during an opposing team's first-defense remains to be seen, but since a slow start, he has been everything the Eagles could have hoped for.
Grade: A

I should have gone to see Sam throw. He usually looks good in camp. They keep stats on throws in preseason. I have no idea what Foles numbers are. Wos 40,000 fans is a big difference. The heat could be on in Phila if Sam doesn't do well.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
latest

Let me know when he makes with through preseason, now that will be a achievement!

jjab360

Legend
Bradford's always been a TC all-star, let's see if he can flip the script this year with a pass rush in his face and the game on the line.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
No surprises here...Sam can play, but will he stay.....healthy?
I like Sam, I think he's one of the good guys, but part of me has to admit that if he's successful in Philly I'll be bitter about it. After all the time this franchise put into him to see another team reap the rewards would suck... big time.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Good. I want Sam to play really well for the Iggles. I want Foles to play better for us, but I'd love to see Bradford have the year I've always thought he's capable of having.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Like most have stated, Sam always looks good in Training Camp. We will see if he can get thru the preseason healthy. If he does then we will see if the numbers look as good when he has to go up against other teams defenses or playing in the various weather conditions that Philly has to offer.

I will be watching!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like Sam, I think he's one of the good guys, but part of me has to admit that if he's successful in Philly I'll be bitter about it. After all the time this franchise put into him to see another team reap the rewards would suck... big time.
forgive me mods...those with tender eyes, turn away...hide the kids...
You don't put in all the
fucking
work then, all of a sudden, dump your prime stallion!!!! Period...Stay the
fucking
course Snisher! It was a dumb move, and if it bites us in the ass we deserve it...Like I say, you win with TALENT in this league..Dude throws an elite ball....If he can't go you draft someone similar....Goff, Hackensack, Cook....and I like that Cardale Jones kid....2016 draft will have 5 throwers...if we need one of those, go get him......Or have Cig, Weinke, and Garcia scan the countryside for someone they think can get er done....Okay, rant over, we can now continue with your regularly scheduled programming....

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I hope Bradford and the Eagles do really well. Like 13-3. So when we go 14-2 and get home field advantage, we can send Bradford home in the NFC championship game.

jjab360

Legend
forgive me mods...those with tender eyes, turn away...hide the kids...
You don't put in all the
freaking
work then, all of a sudden, dump your prime stallion!!!! Period...Stay the
freaking
course Snisher! It was a dumb move, and if it bites us in the ass we deserve it...Like I say, you win with TALENT in this league..Dude throws an elite ball....If he can't go you draft someone similar....Goff, Hackensack, Cook....and I like that Cardale Jones kid....2016 draft will have 5 throwers...if we need one of those, go get him......Or have Cig, Weinke, and Garcia scan the countryside for someone they think can get er done....Okay, rant over, we can now continue with your regularly scheduled programming....
You win with players that can actually get on the field...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You win with players that can actually get on the field...
Injuries happen....this is a violent game...sometimes you have to gamble...If Sam makes it through a whole season, we gave up on him too soon...Simple as that.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Beginning to think ROD needs a "Bradford" forum for all of the members who still carry a torch for the guy. I would rather read about players that currently wear our uniform.....