Bradford passing stats v other QBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Here's how Bradford's stats compare to some other starting QBs.

After 3 games, Sam has the 3rd highest passer rating among starting QBs

PLAYER PCT YDS/G TD INT SCK RATING

Drew Brees 73.5 123.7 2 0 1 128.4
Tony Romo 72.2 122.3 2 0 3 123.3

Sam Bradford 61.1 122.7 2 0 2 114.1

Andrew Luck 65.9 107.3 4 1 2 108.3
Tom Brady 77.3 119.0 2 1 2 106.0
Aaron Rodgers 70.8 79.0 0 0 1 102.3

Ryan Tannehill 60.7 94.2 3 0 4 98.6
Peyton Manning 70.4 136.7 2 1 0 97.0
Colin Kaepernick 63.2 35.7 1 0 0 95.7

Matt Ryan 58.1 108.0 1 0 5 89.7
Carson Palmer 52.3 88.3 2 0 1 85.9

Russell Wilson 60.0 92.0 2 2 4 80.2

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
that's pretty. I hope he doesn't end the season behind Romo though.

iced

iBruce said:

he won't - Romo doesn't play in the 4th quarter of preseason games

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
iBruce said:

Sam has yet to play beyond the 2nd quarter this year.

I doubt he plays much in the 3rd if at all this week.

iced

max said:
iced said:
iBruce said:

Sam has yet to play beyond the 2nd quarter this year.

I doubt he plays much in the 3rd if at all this week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCy8MpT45gk[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:
iBruce said:

:lmao:

Yes. Romo's best quarter!

jap

Legend
Sam's numbers are interesting, but this is going against simplistic defensive schemes.

It will be very interesting to see how his numbers look when Schotty kicks his offensive scheming into full gear, especially if opponents continue to load the LOS box and dare Sam to beat them as they have been doing in preseason.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
moklerman said:
Not too encouraging to see his completion pct. as low as it always is.

I agree, I am looking for him to get to 65% in the regular season. That'll tell me that he's arrived.

iced

moklerman said:

I agree - but thus far this preseason, I'd say the majority of those are drops.

He would have been 100% in the Cleveland game.

nighttrain

Legend
iBruce said:
But is ahead of all the other Western Division starting QB's, be cool to end the year like this
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

I agree, I am looking for him to get to 65% in the regular season. That'll tell me that he's arrived.

So until his completion percentage is higher than Marino, Montana, Elway, Aikman, Brady, Favre, Fouts, etc... he won't have "arrived"?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

So until his completion percentage is higher than Marino, Montana, Elway, Aikman, Brady, Favre, Fouts, etc... he won't have "arrived"?

It's difficult to compare different eras, hell it's difficult to compare 8 years ago to now. It used to be if a QB was completing 60% of his passes he was considered to be an accurate passer. These days that's pretty average.

In order to be a top flight QB, and that's what he needs to be IMO, he needs to eclipse that 65% completion percentage, put up 4200 yards and at least 25 TD's, and get his YPA over 7.5. I can live with a few more INT's if that's what it takes to get that kind of production.

It's a QB driven game and he has to make the next step. I happen to think he will by the way. He has the array of talent around him to do it.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Take Pettis off the field and Bradford's completion rate goes up to 70%

Pettis doesn't belong with the ones.

iced

max said:
Take Pettis off the field and Bradford's completion rate goes up to 70%

Pettis doesn't belong with the ones.

I pray to god Quick fills in for his spot this game, even if for a looksie

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

It's difficult to compare different eras, hell it's difficult to compare 8 years ago to now. It used to be if a QB was completing 60% of his passes he was considered to be an accurate passer. These days that's pretty average.

In order to be a top flight QB, and that's what he needs to be IMO, he needs to eclipse that 65% completion percentage, put up 4200 yards and at least 25 TD's, and get his YPA over 7.5. I can live with a few more INT's if that's what it takes to get that kind of production.

It's a QB driven game and he has to make the next step. I happen to think he will by the way. He has the array of talent around him to do it.

I get yuh. I just tend to disagree with that bar. Brady is under 65% for his career. It wasn't until his 7th full season that he reached 65% - after two SB wins(see asterisk next to first one). Marino and Fouts played in very pass heavy offenses. While those two never won the big game, it was anything but their accuracy that kept them from it.

Sam may not hit that 65% this year. He probably also won't kill you with bad throws either. I think if he gets more comfortable that his receivers will fight for the ball and work the defender, we may see him throw into coverage more in situations rather than put the ball to where only the receiver might be able to get to it. IMO - if Sam is up around 60%+, is not killing us with bad interceptions, and is commanding the offense, we will be in good shape.

It was Rogers 6th season before he hit 65%, Manning's 5th (career 65.2% BTW), Ryan 5th season, Stafford ... um....not yet. Just sayin'

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

I get yuh. I just tend to disagree with that bar. Brady is under 65% for his career. It wasn't until his 7th full season that he reached 65% - after two SB wins(see asterisk next to first one). Marino and Fouts played in very pass heavy offenses. While those two never won the big game, it was anything but their accuracy that kept them from it.

Sam may not hit that 65% this year. He probably also won't kill you with bad throws either. I think if he gets more comfortable that his receivers will fight for the ball and work the defender, we may see him throw into coverage more in situations rather than put the ball to where only the receiver might be able to get to it. IMO - if Sam is up around 60%+, is not killing us with bad interceptions, and is commanding the offense, we will be in good shape.

It was Rogers 6th season before he hit 65%, Manning's 5th (career 65.2% BTW), Ryan 5th season, Stafford ... um....not yet. Just sayin'
Part of Rodgers high % is that he eats the ball a lot, like Bulger did. I'd rather the ball be thrown away, like Sam does, saves the body, and you don't lose yards.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I've always thought that completion percentages were a misleading stat. It's easy to get a high completion percentage if you just dump the ball off to the receiver for easy completions and let him do most of the work.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
nighttrain said:
iBruce said:
But is ahead of all the other Western Division starting QB's, be cool to end the year like this
train

Yeah, I hope that trend continues. I'm still of the mindset either Wilson or Kaep will have a sophomore slump this year. And my money is still on Kaep.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
RamFan503 said:
LesBaker said:
moklerman said:

I'll revise it to 64% because 8 QB's hit that last year, which is 25% of the QB's and he needs to be in that area.

Ha! And people say I can't change my mind once it's made up. :shifty: