Bonsignore: With preseason games upon us, and Aaron Donald’s holdout lingering, what is his end game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
If Donald hits the market there will be teams lined up to pay him top dollar. If the Rams aren't willing to pay them then they need to trade him and get what they can for him.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
If Donald hits the market there will be teams lined up to pay him top dollar. If the Rams aren't willing to pay them then they need to trade him and get what they can for him.

just wondering what people would think if the rams could get an above average dl and ol man or 2 above average ol men for ad. with tru going next year this would give us room to resign next years free agents plus be active in free agency

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My question is whether Suh is worth Suh. I don't think he is.

I don't think so either.

The Lions had last made the playoffs in 1999 when Suh joined in 2010.

And they have been fine without him too, and made the playoffs without him as well.

I think Stafford was the driving force on the Lions improvement and Suh was good but overall how much did he really help?

No player outside a QB carries a team to championship or playoff wins, but elite pass rushers are as valuable as you can get outside of franchise QBs.

Suh isn't an elite pass rusher. Donald is. See answer below.

That's the going rate for a player like Aaron Donald.

The going rate versus value is a nuanced arguement. I'd argue that 20MIL is the ceiling for sure for a player like Donald. He's really valuable, but you just can't pay "free agent money" because that's always overpaying and doesn't help overall.

The two sides need to figure it out, and I don't want to see Donald go, but according to reports a huge offer was made and his camp turned it down.

I would think they could afford him considering the QB is on just the second year of his rookie contract. However, considering they could keep him four more years and not bust the cap, maybe that makes more sense? Tough choice, but the Rams are in the drivers seat on this one.

When I see you here it makes me think of chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.............. :love:

If Donald hits the market there will be teams lined up to pay him top dollar.

Every top flight guy who hits free agency gets overpaid, it's been this way for years and years.

Donald may be thinking, or his agents actually may be thinking "hey in two years the cap will be about this much so lets ask for a contract based on the cap two years from now".

Which NO team will pay unless they have a knucklehead doing their contracts. You can do a deal, then tear it up in three years and redo it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The two sides need to figure it out, and I don't want to see Donald go, but according to reports a huge offer was made and his camp turned it down.
Can you link to these reports!?! I haven't heard them!!

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Given what is happening to former players that had long careers, I have no problem with AD's tactics.

Get as massive a contract as you can, as soon as you can, invest wisely, and then retire at the end of it with your long term physical and mental health intact.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan