1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bonsignore: Rams need to get the Watkins nonsense squashed ASAP

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by den-the-coach, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Through 3 weeks?

2. Ram65

Rams Time To Turn It Around
    Expand Collapse

Then why stop throwing to him? That's 13 of 14 targets!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thread Winner Thread Winner x 1
  3. LesBaker

Mr. Savant
    Expand Collapse

He got targeted last week.......Goff didn't stop throwing to him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dieterbrock

Legend
    Expand Collapse

It reminded me of how people don't seem to notice baseball players loafing to 1st base on a routine ground out until there's a mishap that could render the runner safe if he hustled....

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Watkins. He is a play maker and we need to design plays that get him open. This in turn creates opportunity in other area's as well. move him to slot from time to time, keep the D guessing.

WATKINS might have made "that catch."

and if you don't like that see Dieterbrock, he has a free cat for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jrry32

Legend
    Expand Collapse

Earl Thomas was running to cover the cross. He was moving the wrong direction. If Watkins had turned it on, there was nobody in the middle of the field.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

#87 Rmfnlt, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Sounds much better!

======================================================================

https://www.thescore.com/news/1396165

Watkins 'frustrated' about lack of targets in Rams' offense
    by Michael Amato 1h ago

Receivers always want the ball.

So it's understandable Sammy Watkins would be displeased about his role with the Los Angeles Rams' offense as of late, as the 24-year-old has only totaled one catch over his past two games.

"As a player, of course you're going to be frustrated," Watkins told Rich Hammond of the Los Angeles Daily News. "I don't know a player, a wide receiver, that's not frustrated throughout the game if you're not getting the ball. Each week, it could change. They had certain coverage that kind of took me out of the game, and that's part of the game."

Watkins broke out against the San Francisco 49ers three weeks ago with a pair of touchdowns and more than 100 yards receiving, but since then he's been virtually non-existent in the offense. Last Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks he was held without a catch for the first time in his career.

"Definitely want to try to get him more involved," Rams quarterback Jared Goff said. "But by no means are we, or am I, going to change the approach, play in and play out. I'll go through the reads and hopefully he gets more touches."

To Watkins' credit, he hasn't let his frustration become a distraction to the team and isn't concerned about his numbers this season impacting his next contract. He's happy to be with a Rams squad that appears to be on the rise.

"I think I've got enough money," Watkins said. "I just want to have fun and ball. I want to be a part of this team. It's a great team. I know where they're about to be at (in terms of success). I just want to be a part of it and make plays and score touchdowns."

• Like Like x 2
  8. bubbaramfan

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

You want the ball? Run the correct route, Get open.

• High Five High Five x 1