Bonsignore: Jeff Fisher taking credit where it isn’t due, and still making excuses for failures

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Timing...
1. He chose to go on a radio show and say these things right before the Rams clinch the division.
2. Yes, he was part of choosing players during his almost 5 years with the team..But was Les Snead not involved? He never mentioned Snead at all in this interview (pretty sure about that).
3. He decided to insert himself into the Rams v Titans contest, with McGinnis running cover before his interview by saying similar things. It sounds coordinated to me so that he can make a case to be a HC again in upcoming interviews.
Snead threw him under the bus last year.
Snead just totally avoiding the media and not commenting and leaving all the heat on Fisher.

I don't think Snead and Fisher are fans of each other anymore.

And Snead is getting his props for sure.

Debacled

Starter
Hurrah, another sports writer drawing his only conclusions by hunting and pecking through an interview to feed his click bait narrative:sleep:

Another fluff article based on a fluff interview that only happened because two teams who were coached for a number of years by Jeff Fisher were playing :santa:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He belongs in the middle of the commentary, he coached both teams. I would say his comments Are applicable if I was a reporter. Are you saying that he thrust himself into the limelight here, but more dramatically he used McGinnes as covering smoke so he could approach the podium unnoticed??

Come on man....

I'm not sure if that's true or false, and don't even know how much I care, but I would wager someone went to Montana and pulled him off the river to ask a few questions.

Dude opens his mouth one time and the tar and feathers come out. No wonder he went into hiding.
Ummm... Fisher wants to get back into coaching so this is just part of it as I see it.
Plus he's a free human being, he's allowed to comment on anything he wants to.
It's up to the media if they want to put it out there.

Basically, I could make the same comments and no one would care. They actually cared what Fisher had to say.

…..

Legend
Snead just totally avoiding the media and not commenting and leaving all the heat on Fisher.

Probably unavoidable when half of any duo gets to keep his job. Kinda like Mike and Mike lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

of course Snead is, and deservedly so. Just commenting the attempted glory hogging by Fisher without HIM acknowledging Snead.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Probably unavoidable when half of any duo gets to keep his job.
If I were the Rams FO, I would have done exactly the same thing.
Give Snead a chance to prove himself without Fisher.

So far so good. :D

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't think he was "trying" to do any such thing. I took his comments to mean..."Hey the Rams and McVay are doing great and I'd like to think I had a little to do with that"

Which is true.

I believe it was a wee bit more than that, laddy.

tbux

Rookie
Actually read the article- title is misleading- he gives tons of credit to McVay and he is correct in being a part of many of the great players he had a hand in bringing in. Read article and tell me where he is wrong? He left a solid base - and he failed with that base and McVay has not.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

There was no way to say anything after Fisher was fired and have it come out well.

Kudos to Snead for putting his head down and leading one of our best drafts in a while, especially without a first round pick.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I will never argue Fisher left us with more talent than he started with. So to some degree you can't really argue that he did leave us in good shape from a talent standpoint.

That's where it ends though. Jeff is a good dude, but he could never get out of his own way in terms of old school thinking. If he adapted to what we really needed (an offense) much sooner maybe he's still coaching.
If his only comments were he left us in pretty good shape from a roster standpoint then he's not really lying.

As far as I'm concerned that's where it ends, plain and simple. What McVay has done is night and day. His vision, leadership and ability to really teach and communicate is why we are where we are. Well, that and bringing in more offensive talent.

Time to move on either way, it's playoff time soon :)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Jeff Fisher in the booth for CBS wouldn't be so bad now that we are division champs

I mean I had to listen to Rhonda Barber for 10 fucking torturous years before the networks bumped us up to the A-listers like Darryle Johnson and his wacky sweater

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's clear that all of this is part of Jeff Fisher being hyper-political so as to get another coaching job.

So, he's gonna try and take as much credit for the team's current success while not saying anything about his own failures.

It looks like he's going to get a job, but I pity the team.

No point in going on about it. He'll win a few upsets and have a good defense and have a totally undisciplined team.

But then we all knew that...