Blame for Rams' abysmal offense starts with coach Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
All NFL teams who have barely average to below average QBs are going to be the teams who only play 16 games. Our biggest problem on offense is that we don't have a stud QB.

Injuries on the O-Line don't help, but they are part of the game. Fish and Co did their best to fill the stables there.

Wagoner writes this as if Fish and Co passed on franchise QBs and #1 WRs. That's freaking total bullcrap. Name these players who Fish and Co should have obviously picked up.

#Hindsight..can...kiss...my...ass
i don't blame them for passing on QBs and WRs but the Oline is a different story. it should never have been patched with often injured high priced FAs then after year 3 realize their fuck up and dump them all for 6 rookies to play line and back each other up when everyone knew it was impossible for nobody to get injured especially Saffold. I've been saying it the last 2 years along with others here that the line was going to be abysmal. it's only hindsight when you choose not to try and cover your bases.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wagoner is just the latest (e.g., most recent) media guy to succumb to hopelessness. Everything Fisher does is wrong, there are thousands of ways he could have done it right, nobody's accountable, everybody sucks, cut this guy, fire that one, trade for A B or C, draft D E and F, burn it down, start all over, get the fuck out of Dodge. I'm tired of it. I'm not blind. I can see all this same stuff without having to read recycled transcripts from the pressers turned into mini bitchnovels by out of shape office chair jockeys named "Gordo" or "JT".or "Wags".

Shit's gonna happen as it happens and I'm no longer going to stand around in the circle jerk of tears and pile on.

We're just not a good team in all three phases, and there are dozens of reasons why that is. .

Want a scapegoat? Fine. Blame me. After that, get the fuck off of my team's back and nut up like a badass fan.

If you have the sack, that is.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
i don't blame them for passing on QBs and WRs but the Oline is a different story. it should never have been patched with often injured high priced FAs then after year 3 realize their freak up and dump them all for 6 rookies to play line and back each other up when everyone knew it was impossible for nobody to get injured especially Saffold. I've been saying it the last 2 years along with others here that the line was going to be abysmal. it's only hindsight when you choose not to try and cover your bases.
Saffold is not a rookie, Jones was given every chance to make the team and I have not heard he is playing with his new team Reynolds has saved us at 3 different positions and Barnes is not a rookie and has played better than Wells did last year, 2nd year for Grob. Saying they had nothing but rooks isn't true and who knows what else they tried to do before the draft. Long and Wells needed to be gone this year. I blame Long and the coaches for having Bradford playing behind him for the 2nd ACL.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wagoner is just the latest (e.g., most recent) media guy to succumb to hopelessness. Everything Fisher does is wrong, there are thousands of ways he could have done it right, nobody's accountable, everybody sucks, cut this guy, fire that one, trade for A B or C, draft D E and F, burn it down, start all over, get the freak out of Dodge. I'm tired of it. I'm not blind. I can see all this same stuff without having to read recycled transcripts from the pressers turned into mini bitchnovels by out of shape office chair jockeys named "Gordo" or "JT".or "Wags".

crap's gonna happen as it happens and I'm no longer going to stand around in the circle jerk of tears and pile on.

We're just not a good team in all three phases, and there are dozens of reasons why that is. .

Want a scapegoat? Fine. Blame me. After that, get the freak off of my team's back and nut up like a badass fan.

MAN! Thank you! A breath of fucking fresh air.

Go Rams!!!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
nut up like a badass fan.

Ever since I joined this board, I have enjoyed and respected your posts... but help me here... what, exactly, does this mean? (not being a wise ass... I really don't know what you'd like me to do).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ever since I joined this board, I have enjoyed and respected your posts... but help me here... what, exactly, does this mean? (not being a wise ass... I really don't know what you'd like me to do).
:popcorn:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nut up? It means gather your strength and your resolve and show everyone how much balls it takes to be a homer. Anyone can bitch and moan. That takes no effort, and it just sounds weak. Maybe not everyone affiliated with this team deserves a pass, but I know for damn sure that nobody is intentionally tanking or sabotaging our chances. They go out there and they thrown down. They bleed. They stay up nights figuring shit out and they practice hard. Bitch about that? Nah. I can be disappointed, but I simply refuse to be one of the many who double down on disappointment by pissing and moaning.

You don't have to do that.

Though, I did challenge you to. :whistle:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Jenkins will get zero points for being PC, that's for sure.

But is there anyone among us that doesn't share and understand his frustration?

Damn!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nut up? It means gather your strength and your resolve and show everyone how much balls it takes to be a homer. Anyone can bitch and moan. That takes no effort, and it just sounds weak. Maybe not everyone affiliated with this team deserves a pass, but I know for damn sure that nobody is intentionally tanking or sabotaging our chances. They go out there and they thrown down. They bleed. They stay up nights figuring crap out and they practice hard. Bitch about that? Nah. I can be disappointed, but I simply refuse to be one of the many who double down on disappointment by pissing and moaning.

You don't have to do that.

Though, I did challenge you to. :whistle:
Of course I know they're trying... yeah, they bleed... all of that.

I've been on Rams boards for over two decades.... some good, some not so good.

One of the things I have noticed is the need for a grieving period after a bad loss (or losses) and when things look bleak.

Like losing a loved one, if you will.

Would you tell your uncle to "nut up" when his wife dies if he continues to mourn after two days? I know that's an exaggerated example... but to many here, the Rams are a loved one.

I've grown more tolerant of disappointment over the years... after all, it's been almost 50 of them.

Typically, I've noticed that things calm down after Wednesday on boards... the mood changes.

Of course, you can shut down all the Debbie Downer threads today... you have that power. But, given what is happening to the team right now, it's gonna be tough not to let this thunderstorm blo itself out.

Anyway, thanks for defining "nutting up"... I try not to complain but find myself getting caught up... but - tomorrow is Wednesday!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Does Fisher get credit for nutin up and telling the like of Zimmer and Harbaugh to pissoff?

That makes me like him even more! Fisher will be back next year, we won't have the mash unit and the Rams will kick ass!!!!

Go Rams

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Would you tell your uncle to "nut up" when his wife dies if he continues to mourn after two days? I know that's an exaggerated example... but to many here, the Rams are a loved one.
No, but I would tell my uncle to nut up if he was obsessively mourning something more relevant to my point - like a football game.

And look ... I'm not beyond reproach here either. After 37 years of loyalty, I started to get grouchy about this team and the season too. But I'm making a conscious decision to go in another direction. This community is so much more than just a regular season Rams board, and I don't intend to watch it devolve into all the other boards out there where pissing all over the Franchise by calling out everyone affiliated with it is considered fashionable. Wanna vent? Vent. We provide a place to do that for 24 hours straight. After that? I don't wanna see dozens of threads about how much (insert player or coach here) sucks and should go hang himself.

That's not what this place is all about. Never was, never will be. If it becomes that, then I guess I can go fuck off too.

Happy Wednesday eve, m'man. ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And YOU stay out of this! :LOL::shooting:
You and I have discussed this before I believe. I realize many don't really understand how firmly we believe in what X is getting at. We are not interested in wading through a bunch of posts by pooh flinging monkeys. No offense to primates. It is all too easy to get into this mode of wanting to post about firing people and cutting people and declaring busts. What is more difficult is nutting up and not falling victim to mob mentality.

This is a place for homers. We wear the moniker proudly. It doesn't mean we stick our heads in the sand but it DOES mean we are not here to read a bunch of whining and bitching. And when times are their darkest, it is the strong members that will find other ways to discuss our team.

Not a one of us has said this mentality is for everyone. We understand if fans want to vent and call for heads to roll. We just don't dig people coming into our house to do it. Plenty of other places for that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No, but I would tell my uncle to nut up if he was obsessively mourning something more relevant to my point - like a football game.

And look ... I'm not beyond reproach here either. After 37 years of loyalty, I started to get grouchy about this team and the season too. But I'm making a conscious decision to go in another direction. This community is so much more than just a regular season Rams board, and I don't intend to watch it devolve into all the other boards out there where pissing all over the Franchise by calling out everyone affiliated with it is considered fashionable. Wanna vent? Vent. We provide a place to do that for 24 hours straight. After that? I don't wanna see dozens of threads about how much (insert player or coach here) sucks and should go hang himself.

That's not what this place is all about. Never was, never will be. If it becomes that, then I guess I can go freak off too.

Happy Wednesday eve, m'man. ;)
This is exactly what we are trying to get everyone to understand. This is not other boards so don't try to ask us to allow it to be. You can shit on the team somewhere else. You could even be right in your takes. I don't really care. I'm not blind. It's just not the kind of conversation I will ever want to be a part of with a big group.

If that is not clear enough or you wonder when you are about to hit the "post reply" button then don't push it. Copy and paste it and post it on one of the other boards where they are cool with that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
they also took Robinson who looks like an OG taken at 2 overall at this juncture.
Great example...of at #2, overall...grab the best player available...and OG, imo, isn't that type of position....

Want a scapegoat? Fine. Blame me. After that, get the freak off of my team's back and nut up like a badass fan.

THIS /\ is why you have $120,000 in ROD dollars my man! LOve it!
Start Sean! Our Manning is Mannion! hey, I kinda like that 2nd one!

Blame is easy...taking responsibility is hard....We'll get through this...Cinci is a made for Fisher type game...but Marvin Lewis is a good coach...Dalton is a decent lil QB....oh man...I need to go in the BOOTY THREAD!!!!

FRO

Legend
One day the team will be good and there will be peace on the Ram's boards (for the most part). After 4 winning seasons in 25 years it really just sucks so much optimism out of you. After thinking we are so close, only for the same sort of season. It's annoying. Let me tell you I will not take our next winning season for granted like I did the GSOT.