Blake Bortles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Bortles is a stud, but he's raw. So it's going to take some time for him to play well against advanced or complicated defenses, but in a few years he's going to be elite IMO. The kid has the brain, the arm, the mobility, the clutch factor, he has everything. He just needs a little more experience.

iced

He is what Gabbert was supposir to be...,

With that said, Clowney would have been a Ram. That's the beauty of the game...

or we could have gotten a ransom from another team again...

who knows for sure

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, but jrry was more of a Bridgewater guy iirc.

I rated Bridgewater higher. Still stand by that. Think him and Bortles will both be fantastic QBs given time to develop. But I did call Bortles a first round lock in December 2012 and said he had the talent to be in the running for a #1 overall pick. And then rated him as a first round pick during the entirety of the 2013 season before the media caught on.

In fact, if anyone remembers, I got really mad after the San Francisco blowout and said we should fire Fisher and draft Bortles with our first round pick if the Rams and Bradford did not improve. Not my finest moment. Let my emotions get the best of me...but Bradford and the Rams did improve I'm happy to say. :D

BTW, Bortles is going to be the Jaguars' Franchise QB. I'm already sure of that. Some will say that I'm jumping the gun but it's a gut feeling. He needs development and he needs time but give him a couple years and he'll be a damn good QB.

fearsomefour

Legend
I didn't love any of the top QBs.
I liked David Fales.
But, I was looking just with the mindset of finding a longterm backup QB.
I think it is smart to let a vet start things off. The Jags are probably looking at Bortles ability to audible and know what he is seeing now that they now he can throw at this level.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Personally, I loved both Bortles and Bridgewater. Both could end up being franchise quarterbacks, and I think that both teams are smart by letting the two of them sit and learn the playbook before throwing them into the fire.