Bills REALLY Missing Woods Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I mean really if a qb can't do it by himself 1 vs 11, are you even a real quarterback??
By real, do you mean elite? Because Johnny Manziel is also a real QB....Scott Tolzien is a real QB....Logan Thomas was a REAL QB....Case Keenum is a real QB...feel me you two? All gas & Barrison????

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes...he is a perfect example...Makes teammates better....can win games almost by himself. Clutch gene
They were 8-8 last year.
He stepped into a good team and looked good at first but he is fading fast along with the team around him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
As far as I can tell there are about a dozen REAL quarterbacks in the NFL.
Guys that can lift their teammates.
The rest of the 20 guys need a team around them and are a cog in a system.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Did Steve young transform the bucs way back when?
He was trying....but Tampa needed more than Steve....but he was trying....hell, it took Steve 3 years in Frisco to be the guy we all know and love.

Our team...can win RIGHT NOW with good to decent QB play....and by decent I mean.... not taking strip sacks at the end of halves...and not throwing INT's at the end of games....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was trying....but Tampa needed more than Steve....but he was trying....hell, it took Steve 3 years in Frisco to be the guy we all know and love.

Our team...can win RIGHT NOW with good to decent QB play....and by decent I mean.... not taking strip sacks at the end of halves...and not throwing INT's at the end of games....
Guess that eliminates every QB in the league because they all have thrown int at the end of games and been strip sacked.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They were 8-8 last year.
He stepped into a good team and looked good at first but he is fading fast along with the team around him.
He stepped onto a team that qualified for the 1st pick in the draft....They didn't trade up...They earned it...fair and square. They were the worst possible team...I wanna guess 2-14 or 1-15....Straight trash. His first year they went to 11 wins....Read that slowly....THEIR FIRST YEAR WITH ANDREW LUCK THEY IMPROVED....where's my nuclear physicist??? by 1000% or what ever that is....

They went 8-8 because the team has gotten worse...loss of players...coaches...and Luck himself is becoming injured....that happens when you lead the league in getting hit and sacked.

Go back and watch Luck...not at Indy, but in college....how he willed a undermanned college team to wins...on the road...in bowl games. watch him....tell me what YOU see...

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A REAL QB....can transform a team. I don't think you guys really get that. Any team.
The fans will somewhat overlook their crappy team with a shiny new QB giving them hope for the future.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Guess that eliminates every QB in the league because they all have thrown int at the end of games and been strip sacked.

Yep.....EVERY SINGLE QB IN THE LEAGUE HAS ENDED A GAME WITH AN INT....OR STRIP SACK....PROBABLY BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. HELL, PROBABLY ALL IN THE 2017 SEASON TOO....IN FACT, TONIGHTS GAME WILL END WITH A INT ON THE LAST DRIVE...

worse...No pressure...no one in his face....just chucks it....into what looks like the only double covered player on the field.....

Win a game....a tough game...a challenging game....against a team with hope....a team with aspirations....0-3 vs USC....0-3 vs UCLA....0-3 vs Stanford....0-2 vs Oregon....

You can make it seem I'm picking on him....whatever.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The fans will somewhat overlook their crappy team with a shiny new QB giving them hope for the future.
They will....IF....huge IF....that QB shows them something...Look at Marriota...Look at Winston...Hell, look at Wilson...Look at Ryan...Look at Dalton...Look at any promising QB....what usually inspires the fandom....is wins...Not newness...and not a bunch of them either...but a few signature wins...that people say, Hey we got something here.....

nighttrain

Legend
They will....IF....huge IF....that QB shows them something...Look at Marriota...Look at Winston...Hell, look at Wilson...Look at Ryan...Look at Dalton...Look at any promising QB....what usually inspires the fandom....is wins...Not newness...and not a bunch of them either...but a few signature wins...that people say, Hey we got something here.....
you're mailin it in awful quick
train

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He stepped onto a team that qualified for the 1st pick in the draft....They didn't trade up...They earned it...fair and square.
Say what?
They were 10-6 and won the AFC South the year before the Suck for Luck season where they went 2 and 14.
Some of those games they lost it was so obvious they were throwing them.
Luck basically stepped on to a playoff team.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I rarely put different opinion....don't know why...I usually just laugh. Seriously, you think they were tanking? I think their QB was terrible....his name escapes me.
They were 10-6 and won the AFC South
That was with Peyton Manning...correct? Furthering my point....They were 2-14 the year before Luck joined them. He basically saved Chuck Pagano's job....gave Bruce Arians a HC position...that was rightly deserved, pushed Pep Hamilton into the pros too. Hell, he probably got Harbaugh a job at Frisco.

Luck basically MADE Indy a playoff team and relevant.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So you're saying that Luck could not elevate the players around him enough?
He helped a garbage team win 8 games.....Is that enough for you? Maybe not...it's enough for me....

I'd be thrilled if Goff could win 8 games...this year...next year too. Losing winnable games AT HOME, is not a great sign.

This SF game will be tougher than most would imagine. A desperate rivalry game...A desperate HC....If they had Kaep, I'd be terrified.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
you're mailin it in awful quick
Thought you wanted to go to the playoffs? Hell, I thought all of you wanted a 9 win season...10 wins...11 wins...NFC West Champs....

The Seahawks are floundering around...Arizona isn't relevant....9ers only wanna beat us....this is the year we could slip in and win a 9-7 division....

but we're giving away home games...

and that was a winnable game....don't care how poorly the defense played...they were coming around...we needed a pick me up from the O.....all we got was a pick.

and I'm not cool with that shit Woods pulled....you wanna talk about no I in team...that was some ME stuff....fighting...throwing punches....then dropping the ball?

If that was Brian Quick....yall woulda wanted blood....me, I just want Thomas/Reynolds to get his snaps...Tavon too. No time for that nonsense.

Barwin was playing like garbage too...Not just Ogletree...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Chill Champ.
In some ways I agree with what you're saying.
I have always believed it's a little bit of Yin and Yang so to speak.
I do believe that a quarterback can elevate a team.
I also believe the team can elevate a quarterback.
I believe that some quarterbacks can succeed without a good offensive line.
I believe that some quarterbacks must have a very good offensive line to be successful.

What I mostly believe;
There is no be-all-end-all way to build an offense.
There is no "magic panacea". (inserting a quarterback)

I also know what they've been noticing for a while now.
Quarterbacks that can elevate a team are becoming more and more rare.

Luck is absolutely the only one that we can point to IN YEARS who came into the league ready to go. (Carr and Prescott somewhat)

Newton. Winston. Goff. Ryan. Rodgers. Cousins. Mariota. Etc. All took time to develop as they developed the team around them.

I do know that there are 11 players on offense and all of them need to do their job to make the play successful.