Biggest Rival...SF or Seattle?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This question was discussed back and forth on the other website in St Louis a few years ago, and the answer was the Hawks. Many became Rams fans after 1995 and Seattle had won a Super Bowl since the beginning of their fandom, and Niners had not. All of the old timers mostly siad without equivocation, the Niners were the suck@ss Motherf%&*#*^% rivals and we hated their @ss!:seizure:

Anyway, a couple years later with loss of many St Louis fans and the additions of many new LA fans, has the majority view changed? I know since I have always been a Dodger fan that hated the Giants, and a Lakers fan that used to laugh at the Warriors, the rivalry was always intense.

How about now?

Psycho_X

Legend
It'll always be the Whiners and I'm a St. Louis area fan. I think most people who say Hawks were the ones who didn't become fans until after the super bowl win.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They have never won anything that matters, and I have a feeling that Palmer is getting old and his skills will dramatically degrade seemingly overnight....and without Palmer, they are a 7-9 team, imo

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not even a question...Whiners

You know it, I know it and the American people know it!
10294_Black.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's different depending on your surroundings for some of us. Living around fans of a divisional rival is as amusing at it is irritating.

Objectively i'd rank it this way...
SF
SEA
AZ

tempests

Hall of Fame
I never thought our rivalry with Seattle was more than tepid. There was something between us in the first few years after realignment, but nothing more than simmering. Nothing regional.

Our 0-17 streak against SF was like Detroit trying to beat Green Bay or Buffalo against New England. Playing in the same division with DeBartolo, Walsh, Montana/Young was like the 80s version of Rooney/Noll/Bradshaw or Kraft/Belichick/Brady. Then there was those heated 60s and 70s battles. There was Ken Norton boxing our goalposts. There was the Niner players, media and fans with SOSAR. Then there was the GSOT crushing them like saltine under a mallet.

Rams/Niners has been going on since 1950. Our history with them is like no other.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Without a doubt the 9ers. They have been our enemies for decades and I have utter contempt for that organization. I lived there through the 0-17 stretch and have many family members who are their fans. If there is a team I want to run up the score on or see their pl.ayers dragged off the field it is the 9ers.

Seachickens nothing but a bunch of wannabes and bandwagon fans, they don't even know football.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Always will be the 49ers!! I can't forget the SOSAR comments!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What also got me was that along with the indifference they showed towards the 49ers, the same folks would talk about moving the Rams into the AFC South. I am old enough to know and dislike the AFC/AFL being an NFC/NFL guy from the beginning of my fandom in the 60's. Moving the Rams from the NFC West AND from the NFC ALTOGETHER is almost a deal breaker for me as a fan....Again, "kids" don't have this perspective because there has been no difference for them about the two conferences, and the longseated rivalry (1950) against the Niners.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really isn't even a question to most of us. We've played the Whiners 132 times and have a 64-65-3 record against them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really isn't even a question to most of us. We've played the Whiners 132 times and have a 64-65-3 record against them.
We HAVE to sweep the Niners..HAVE TO! I have had a friendly rivalry with a certain Niner fan and he has been throwing that losing overall record vs the Niners in my face for more than 5 years.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If you are an L.A. Rams fan from the early pre Anaheim & St.Louis era, San Francisco is THE hated rival, ... not even a close second.
Northern California is where the state capital resides, and there exists a history of enmity revolving around politics, especially over water for So.California. This has been going on for more than a century, and while they remain envious of our weather, while people all over the world flock to SoCal, northern politicians have always wanted to stick it to the south whenever possible. All we want from NorCal is their water & wine. :fuelfire:

F the 49'ers and the donkey they rode in on.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
9ers as a division rival is unapproachable. Truly a long and hateful history.

I recall, though, the days when the Colts were in the Coastal Division and they were rivals. The Colts were the team to beat.

Next, Cowboys and Vikings. These two prevented the Rams from what, 4 or 5 Super Bowls?

Seattle and Arizona need to take a number......