Big Whit appreciation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I know some don't like PFF for whatever reason, but their metrics grade out individual performance regardless of the result of the play. Through 2 weeks Big Whit is ballin out and the highest graded OL in the league.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1308980231487860737?s=19

He's the best FA signing we've had in forever, the best leader a team could have, and age seems to only be a number for him. Much love to the big fella (y)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Big Whit’s play has been among my 3 biggest pleasant surprises.

Fuller and Kiser being the other two.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's the best FA signing we've had in forever,
29778913-E3EF-40DD-9AB7-33E146AEE0F4.jpeg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He has been amazing. I have to wonder if the Rams' winning/mentality has prolonged his career,
(or if he's just going after Slater's record).:cool:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Says something POSITIVE (y):)for this Rams organization to be able to convince a well past normal NFL shelf life OL'er to sign a 3 yr contract @ age 38 after coming off surgery. Investing your team's salary cap funds in healthy still functioning well-seasoned OL remains a great ideal.

I sure hope that McVay & Kromer will do everything possible to keep this LT performing near this level when the regular season comes to an end when Whitworth will be 39 yrs old. We sure do not need a repeat of what we observed in the last two seasons in Whitworth's playing level.

The Rams presently do not have a healthy ideal LT back up @ this time since Noteboom was injured again. I have no idea who has been getting the LT snaps in practices when Whitworth takes time off?? Best guess is its Bobby Evans but it was Tremayne Anchrum who was getting a good amount of LT reps in training camp.

I can not find out any information anywhere as to which Ram OL'er is Kromer's selected back up LT.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
....which Ram OL'er is Kromer's selected back up LT.
Anchrom is listed, but at this point I would think you are right and that it would be Evans.

If Noteboom comes back at left guard, I think it would *possibly* be Edwards.

Prior to Notebooms injury, I think they, more than likely, were going to kick Noteboom out to left tackle and bring Edwards in at left guard if Whitworth was injured.

Last edited:

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
No doubt the woods/whitworth signings changed the rams culture. Imo the best signings ever in one fa.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All things aside it’s amazing he’s doing what he’s doing at his age. Let’s hope his body holds up all season

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I would love to see Whitworth as the o-line coach next year.

Has an OL ever retired to become an OL-coach the very next season?

Can not think of one. Maybe back in the ‘50s, 60’s or even the 70’s.

Thought of Mike Munchak of the Oilers/Titans. Great player and team-leader who went on to coach for that team.

From what I read, Munchak joined the coaching staff the year after he retired but as a low-level-coach. He did become the O-Line coach but that was four years later.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
All things aside it’s amazing he’s doing what he’s doing at his age. Let’s hope his body holds up all season
I posted my thoughts on Andrew Whitworth before he signed his new 3 yr contract.....that the "2019 Prolong AW Career Plan" needed to be modified & fine tune-up for the soon to be a 39 yr old (oldest starting LT in the NFL) LT in 2020. McVay/Kromer is certainly GAMBLING BIG on the continued health of AW.

I still have no idea what 2020 at plan consists of other than AW has been getting a day off from practices once a week.....but that be ongoing now for the 2 past seasons. I am also not sure as to which of the signed OL'ers was considered to be the main long term back up @ LT.

Was it Noteboom who was starting @ LG now on IR or was it Bobby Evans who started 7 gms last year @ RT? I did read several times that rookie 7th round pick Tremayne Anchrum was seeing action @ both LG/LT too. My strong suspicion in 2020 was it was Joseph Noteboom. Now that he is not there Its a new day & a bigger gamble.

If it were up to me that when Noteboom gets healthy again Kromer will decide to place JN primarily as the "Future LT In Waiting role" & if there is still a need to give JN snaps with this offense regularly then it would part of the 2020 Prolong AW Career Plan. JN snaps should come @ the LT post, not the LG post. That starting LG post has not been kind or helpful to JN the last two seasons! I can not see how starting @ LG helps JN.:bueller:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
You know I was saying they should have had Edwards there from the get-go once they flopped Corbett over to Right Guard.

The way they did it endangered our probably will needed backup left tackle.