Big Rob getting the start at RT?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This^, Brown very good run blocker, but struggles with pass protection, Wichmann is very good in pass protection and I felt really ran block well during preseason. Come Jamon, the time is now!
#ComeonJamon

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I know they will not do this, but i'm leaning towards wanting Saffold healthy for the play-offs, ... meaning keep him as our designated first swing player off the bench, and/or in a rotational role with an assigned starter. I feel Wichmann has done enough to earn a starting slot at LG, Brown is still a work in progress in pass pro, but he also missed a good deal of time last year. Brown needs snaps, and being we'll be a rush first team, his value as a run blocker is invaluable. We don't have much behind our OT or OG positions with Reynolds on IR, so get Saffold some work, but keep him fresh and uninjured. I understand the argument for having what may be one of your best players starting, also your most expensive, but i'm going to take the less popular view this time around. jmo.

Last edited:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think you only put hav in the final preseason game if you you are prepping him for week 1. If he's not ready for week one, you keep him out of preseason.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I know they will not do this, but i'm leaning towards wanting Saffold healthy for the play-offs, ... meaning keep him as our designated first swing player off the bench, and/or in a rotational role with an assigned starter. I feel Wichmann has done enough to earn a starting slot at LG, Brown is still a work in progress in pass pro, but he also missed a good deal of time last year. Brown needs snaps, and being we'll be a rush first team, his value as a run blocker is invaluable. We don't have much behind our OT or OG positions with Reynolds on IR, so get Saffold some work, but keep him fresh and uninjured. I understand the argument for having what may be one of your best players starting, also your most expensive, but i'm going to take the less popular view this time around. jmo.

I actually agree with this. I don't think that Wichmann and Brown have done anything to lose their jobs. Saffold is the only player on our team who can play left tackle aside from Robinson. Havenstein and Barnes don't need any explanation.