Big, big changes are coming, no doubt...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Going to be a lot of substitutions and shuffling starters before they settle on where everyone fits depth wise.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Going to be a lot of substitutions and shuffling starters before they settle on where everyone fits depth wise.

I think The off season will be a good indicator . The preseason will be fun to watch though. Will know a lot by then !!

I believe the core is in place , especially the D' front 7 !!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
[QUOTE=". Saffold will be awesome next to him at LG ![/QUOTE] Dude you said Saffold & awesome :rolllaugh: in the same sentence. Come on he's terrible and a glass house :headexplosion:. He can't be a starter if we are serious about improving our OL. PERIOD!!!!! :thinking:
Otherwise you have some good points, just think your reaching big time on the blue font. JMO

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
, member: 666"]I see maybe 4 new starters on offense

Woods
Center
TE

Tavon is going to start... They just gave him a contract they probably asked Mcvay how he going to use... There's going to be change but not like people think
Agreed ! That is not that big of a change for an off season. 2 solid veterans maybe 3, & a 2nd year guy that was actually a starter at times.

Last year The Rams spent how many picks for trading up to get a rookie QB ?
They lost Cook & Reynolds from the season before.

The year before The Rams Sam Bradford(Hill) There real starting center who they paid way to much for. Bailey,Tre, & whatever mess was there ??
The changes are not all that big(many) at all.
The Rams lost Dumb & Dumber is all at WR. They both signed nice contracts.The comp is not that great of loss. --McVay & The Rams did makes some excellent signings.

Dunbar for Bennie
Woods for Kenny
Case signed with Vikings
Sullivan For Barnes http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4930/john-sullivan
Whitworth for loss of depth
Practice squad for Quick
Practice squad for Lance Kendrick
--then the draft ???
--- Webster for TJ
--- Barwin for Hayes

-Bennie -Bears ,
Quick- Skins, Kenny - Browns ,Hayes,TJ -Miami[/QUOTE]

Still foresee a good rookie prospect OC to push Sullivan "at some point" during the season.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed ! That is not that big of a change for an off season. 2 solid veterans maybe 3, & a 2nd year guy that was actually a starter at times.

Last year The Rams spent how many picks for trading up to get a rookie QB ?
They lost Cook & Reynolds from the season before.

The year before The Rams Sam Bradford(Hill) There real starting center who they paid way to much for. Bailey,Tre, & whatever mess was there ??
The changes are not all that big(many) at all.
The Rams lost Dumb & Dumber is all at WR. They both signed nice contracts.The comp is not that great of loss. --McVay & The Rams did makes some excellent signings.

Dunbar for Bennie
Woods for Kenny
Case signed with Vikings
Sullivan For Barnes http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4930/john-sullivan
Whitworth for loss of depth
Practice squad for Quick
Practice squad for Lance Kendrick
--then the draft ???
--- Webster for TJ
--- Barwin for Hayes

-Bennie -Bears ,
Quick- Skins, Kenny - Browns ,Hayes,TJ -Miami

Still foresee a good rookie prospect OC to push Sullivan "at some point" during the season.[/QUOTE]

Who gets cut then ???? There is a big investment in the young Offensive Line .
Your going to go with a rookie center ??
---Fisher went years(The Rams) without drafting any Offensive Lineman early. That is why G Rob was so shocking.
--The Rams in a deep OT draft,imho) one of the best in years. Went with a extra young OT.

---I'm not saying your wrong , just don't see it happening this season is all.To much depth there & not enough draft picks. I'd say though The Tams still have to draft the best player available.
--This draft is stacked with CB's & WR's .
In top 2 & 3 rounds.
---Those are pistitiin if needs.
---FA signings of rescent have me thinking that as well.
DT,De/OLB , C --these holes are filled now .
----What about a RB ?? I like Brown & Green , but Dunbar is only signed for 1 year ??? Where is the depth ???
--As a GM - you have to know Gurley has had a major knee surgery, & how short a RB's career is. Then you look at McVay in Washington. He used a stable of RB's

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon, Frantik...

Surely you don't sincerely believe that, do you?

There is a helluva lot of difference between a player that was merely on the roster last year and a starting player at the same position at which he started last year.

A light year's worth of unproven difference.

Our first 6 games are gonna be verrrrry tricky.

I absolutely believe that, and by your comment about a "starting player at the same position" - by that logic, isn't everyone knew since we will have new systems on offense and defense?

The biggest mistake fans make IMO, and we're all guilty of it, is failing to project development of our own players. I realize Fisher drafted these guys, but that doesn't mean they're not viable options.

I agree big changes total are coming - fans just tend to be dramatic in situations like this (me included). We likely have 3 OL/QB/RB/TE and 1 WR - 7 returning players - that will start on offense. On defense it's obviously even more than that.

On defense it's even more than that. While some of those guys didn't start, they've played together which makes a difference IMO, and lessens some of the pain big changes typically cause.

I guess I don't disagree about there being big changes, I just don't think the personnel aspect of it will be very painful. The more painful part IMO will be the systems.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I absolutely believe that, and by your comment about a "starting player at the same position" - by that logic, isn't everyone knew since we will have new systems on offense and defense?

The biggest mistake fans make IMO, and we're all guilty of it, is failing to project development of our own players. I realize Fisher drafted these guys, but that doesn't mean they're not viable options.

I agree big changes total are coming - fans just tend to be dramatic in situations like this (me included). We likely have 3 OL/QB/RB/TE and 1 WR - 7 returning players - that will start on offense. On defense it's obviously even more than that.

On defense it's even more than that. While some of those guys didn't start, they've played together which makes a difference IMO, and lessens some of the pain big changes typically cause.

I guess I don't disagree about there being big changes, I just don't think the personnel aspect of it will be very painful. The more painful part IMO will be the systems.

We are apparently in bigger agreement than it first appeared, Frantik.

Big changes from coaching on both sides of the ball, plus numerous starters changed vs last year starters. We disagree on the exact number, but agree that there have been significant changes.

We also agree that it won't be particularly painful. I, for one, strongly approve of their moves so far. There had to be many bold moves to improve a 4-12 roster.

I love the new coaching staff. Also love the FA moves, both incoming and outgoing. Except for the TruJo tagging, that is.

Nice discussion, man.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Still foresee a good rookie prospect OC to push Sullivan "at some point" during the season.

---Fisher went years(The Rams) without drafting any Offensive Lineman early. That is why G Rob was so shocking.
--The Rams in a deep OT draft,imho) one of the best in years. Went with a extra young OT.

---I'm not saying your wrong , just don't see it happening this season is all.To much depth there & not enough draft picks. I'd say though The Tams still have to draft the best player available.
In top 2 & 3 rounds.
----What about a RB ?? I like Brown & Green , but Dunbar is only signed for 1 year ??? Where is the depth ???
--As a GM - you have to know Gurley has had a major knee surgery, & how short a RB's career is. Then you look at McVay in Washington. He used a stable of RB's[/QUOTE]

Rhaney gets cut.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

In top 2 & 3 rounds.
--As a GM - you have to know Gurley has had a major knee surgery, & how short a RB's career is. Then you look at McVay in Washington. He used a stable of RB's

Rhaney gets cut.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that is not subtracting from the additions . Have to add Sullivan & Whitworth. Plus that rookie center your talking about ??
The Rams have said they want to cross train guys. I'm sure that backup center is on the roster already.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Rhaney gets cut.

Yeah but that is not subtracting from the additions . Have to add Sullivan & Whitworth. Plus that rookie center your talking about ??
The Rams have said they want to cross train guys. I'm sure that backup center is on the roster already.[/QUOTE]
They may very well cross train guys. Will that be successful? we don't know yet.
Our oline was atrocious last season. I doubt any of them feel like they're spot is safe. As they shouldnt.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I cannot stress or express how happy I am with the way our off-season has gone so far. For the amount of $$$ as we had to work with, I think they have done a brilliant job of bringing in guys with the ability to fill needs & depth to our roster. And they are "quality" guys too. A few older Vets that should/could be at the very least "bridge" players until we can find the "long term" answers (Whitworth/Conner/Sullivan) , guys who have great work ethic and IMHO a change of scenery for them could be pleasant surprises and exceed our expectations (Woods/Webster/Dunbar/NRC), and depth guys at the very least (Murray/Walker/Thompson). All for the most part are known to be hard workers, coach-able and team players. I don't see many "reaches" or "WTF's" as we did under JF at the helm.

Then look at the staff. ... my Lord ... I don't see ANY drop off on the Defensive side of the ball. WP alone sold me on our Defense not losing ground. We stayed the course with Fassel at the helm of the ST's which is/was a GREAT move IMHO. We are in good hands there. and then there is the Offense ... OMG!!! This side of the ball took MAJOR strides in KNOWLEDGE, RESUME's, and COMPETENCY to provide this unit with what it needs to succeed!!

I do expect a little bit slow process of how quickly everything comes together. Just he fact of everything being new is going to be a bit of a set back but DMAN ... once it starts to "gel" ... we are going to be tenfold better team than what we have been.

I'm happy. I have hope. I am excited. and for once in quite a while, I am more than optimistic about our future!!