Between a rock and a hard place

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So San Bland Sissy Co. just lost to Seadderall as we all know, and now they've got Indy coming to town this Sunday. After that, of course, we've got the Thursday night game against them. So what would you rather see happen? Would you like to see them lose to Indy and face the Rams on a 2-game losing streak, or would you rather they win against Indy so that they're not quite as desperate?

I know the default answer is "I hope they lose the rest of their games", but think about it. Atlanta was behind the 8-ball when they hosted the Rams, and they amped up the intensity so as to not fall behind 0-2. I guess the answers to follow will depend on how much credence people put into the whole "desperate" mantra that the media floats out there.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I want Indy to smash them. Then, we'll kick them in the nuts while they're still down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lose bad...Kaepernick plays another pitiful game. Then we'll play them when his confidence is shot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, you're not concerned about the odds of SF losing 3 in a row?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

No. The Rams are either going to take care of business or they aren't. SF losing more games only benefits us in the long run.

I'd rather it be in our hands than someone else's. So I hope SF loses every game they play.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rams gave atlanta the game, had nothing to do with the falcons being desperate. the rams at home should beat allcomers, desperate or not.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32 said:
X said:

No. The Rams are either going to take care of business or they aren't. SF losing more games only benefits us in the long run.

I'd rather it be in our hands than someone else's. So I hope SF loses every game they play.
I agree. Their fate is ultimately in their own hands of course. I just pay a lot of attention to odds and trends, so I'm curious if anyone else thinks it's unlikely that sf would lose 3 in a row. I just think that the pressure on the players would be significantly less if they take care of business against Indy and relax a little bit before facing us. Now if you want my *wish*, I hope they get rinsed by Indy and hobble into St Louis to get rolled once again. Which, in turn, would perpetuate what will ultimately become their 15 game losing streak.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
Lose bad...Kaepernick plays another pitiful game. Then we'll play them when his confidence is shot.

I'm not sure that's possible. His cockyness FAR exceeds his talent.

paceram

Pro Bowler
X said:
So San Bland Sissy Co. just lost to Seadderall as we all know, and now they've got Indy coming to town this Sunday. After that, of course, we've got the Thursday night game against them. So what would you rather see happen? Would you like to see them lose to Indy and face the Rams on a 2-game losing streak, or would you rather they win against Indy so that they're not quite as desperate?

I know the default answer is "I hope they lose the rest of their games", but think about it. Atlanta was behind the 8-ball when they hosted the Rams, and they amped up the intensity so as to not fall behind 0-2. I guess the answers to follow will depend on how much credence people put into the whole "desperate" mantra that the media floats out there.

I ALWAYS want the 49's to lose!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm not concerned about the feeling desperate for a win. Atlanta, since drafting Ryan, has been pretty much an unstoppable force at home. The fact that the Rams SHOULD have won that game just gives me more confidence of this teams potential to win every game they play.

Rams also match up better against the 9ers than they do the Falcons and the NFL is all about matchups.

fearsomefour

Legend
I just want the Rams to move guys in motion until we get Givens matched up with Dahl. I want to see that match up 8 to 10 times in that game.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
fearsomefour said:
I just want the Rams to move guys in motion until we get Givens matched up with Dahl. I want to see that match up 8 to 10 times in that game.

To quote Finny:

"Craig Dahl we know how you play thanks for the tips we know who to attack early and often"

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I hope Indy beats the brakes off em', then they can drag their whiny asses to the Lou for some further demoralizing. Superbowl hangover pattern remains strong and the whiner "dynasty" never comes to fruition as the younger, more talented Rams overtake them en route to their first of 6 straight Superbowl victories. In an ironic twist, they end up beating Indy in the first of those Superbowls, 35-6.

Boom.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Old Chinese proverb: You can not lose three in a row until you have lost two,I want Indy to kick their asses,but it ain't gonna happen.They will beat Indy in their own house ,their fans will set a new noise level record for their stadium and then we will do the same in our place, by the end of the season the NFL will stand for Noise Fukswitcha League :nono: :tooth: .

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
only thing i would like better is for the Whiners to lose 4 in a row, and i think Kaepernick is capable of pulling it off.
train

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I also will be pulling for an Indy win and for Crapernick to underwhelm once again. Maybe then the media will get off of jock in time for our D to rock his world next Thursday.

It would be epic to watch Harblah whining on the sideline during his 3 game losing streak.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I did hear that harblah and the whiners are 7 - 0 after a lose.

Time for us to end that streak.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd like Indy to play like a Fisher team and take it to 'em so hard that they are too sore and beaten to even get on the plane. Whether they win or not is not as important as how hard Indy plays them. Next Thursday I want the 49ers to still feel this Sunday.